Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unwanted/Unused Companions

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Many people dislike having so many companion in their crews. Possibly 'Putting some away' could be a solution. I was thinking of where you could put your unwanted companions and then an idea came to me. You could put them in your ship! Each companion in your ship would control a cannon under the decks of your ships. The more companions under deck, the more accuracy and damage bonuses your basic attack would get. Someone needs to control the cannons. In theory, the captains crew does it. Depending on the ship you have out determines how many companions can go under deck. It makes perfect sense!

• Low level--small ship--few companions go under deck (for the raft it wouldn't be possible, too small anyway)
  • High level--big ship--more companions can go under deck

Now if you switch your ship often, don't fear! When placing companions under the decks, you do it in a list similar to the companion organization page. When switching from a big ship to a small ship, the companions at the top of your ship list go back to your normal battle crew. Small ship to big ship, companions at the end of your normal companion list fills the spaces (unless benchmarked) Remember, you can switch what companions go under deck at any time while on your ship. Not all cannon positions have to be filled. I hope you all like my idea. I have been digging on it for a while and perfecting it!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I agree. I really hate the following companions and I find them useless and just a ticket to losing.

-Han Lin
-Bones Mcgree
-all the animals without specials (batacuda, scorpion, and skysnake)
-Lefty
-both ghost bisons
-bat masterson

Golden Chris Silver

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
There is the option too put them to sleep so they don't enter battle, but I understand that you are looking for something more substantial than that. For now your only option is sleep, but I suggest continuing to work hard to promote them because even if you don't like them now you may start to after they gain a higher level or a promotion.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
And perhaps the unwanted companions' accuracy and dodge rating can add a percentage to our ship's dodge and accuracy. That way the higher their level, the better they'll be at the cannons. I get a headache when one of my top 10 worst companions show up in a difficult battle. It'll be nice for them to control the cannons and actually be useful.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Interesting suggestion, instead of benching them put them away instead would be a great idea.

Captain
May 16, 2011
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
I agree. I really hate the following companions and I find them useless and just a ticket to losing.

-Han Lin
-Bones Mcgree
-all the animals without specials (batacuda, scorpion, and skysnake)
-Lefty
-both ghost bisons
-bat masterson

Golden Chris Silver
Whaaaat?! Bat Masterson is awesome! He sits on my first page of companions, and he is one of my powerhouses. Maybe not as good as El Toro or Bonnie Anne, but still. He's good.

And Lefty. He's also really good! Give him Burst Fire Two and he's really strong.

You're right on the animal companions however. Better add Krokogator to that line-up.

Also, who is Han Lin?

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
cutlessclark on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
There is the option too put them to sleep so they don't enter battle, but I understand that you are looking for something more substantial than that. For now your only option is sleep, but I suggest continuing to work hard to promote them because even if you don't like them now you may start to after they gain a higher level or a promotion.
I would just benchmark many companions but there are so little benchmarks that they become 'somewhat' useless.

Petty Officer
Jun 17, 2013
Maybe there could be a ship upgrading stand at every major dock so that you could add a level when you run out of space.