Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Typing numbers in chat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 02, 2010
I think they should allow you to type numbers in chat its starting to get on my nerves when i try and communicate with a non open chat pirate like i cant say for a ex:
I need 2 more ships left till i'm done with this quest!

I know about the "age telling" thing i guess is the only reason but block
"i'm the age of (whatever)"
or ways around it lol

Please consider this
~Witty wolf nelson35
~Sneaky wolf parker57

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Maybe they could add to menu chat,"I need: 1. One more, 2. a few more, 3. Lots more, 4. no more. I got it.

Community Leader
The problem isnt a situation with age as much as it is other personal information that could be shared.

Mobile phones, pad devices etc have compounded the problems of passing phone numbers and other information that could otherwise be used inappropriately.

I dont think they could simply have a number system 2 left, 3 left, 4 left, etc as this could be used to convey information by submitting these in succession. However they probably should build an option for indicating their current quests status, they already have them to convey what quest they are on, adding the info as far as remaining requirements could be quite useful to Menu/Text chatters.

Instead of something simple like "Im going to Marleybone skyway to get Cat Smuggler shipsI"
It could say... "Im going to Marleybone skyway to get 4 more Cat Smuggler shipsI"

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
SneakyWolfParker on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
I think they should allow you to type numbers in chat its starting to get on my nerves when i try and communicate with a non open chat pirate like i cant say for a ex:
I need 2 more ships left till i'm done with this quest!

I know about the "age telling" thing i guess is the only reason but block
"i'm the age of (whatever)"
or ways around it lol

Please consider this
~Witty wolf nelson35
~Sneaky wolf parker57
Well, it's not just the "age" thing. In fact, that's probably the least of their problems. They have to worry about players giving out their Phone numbers, birthdays, age, and even home addresses... You may not think it, but they're some players who will actually give this information to random strangers, and strangers looking for this kind of information.

And it may not even be their address and number, but the number and address to someone else (like a bully giving out the information of a kid at school or visa-versa). I think you can see the problems to adding numbers to Text Chat...

I would love it if we could use the menu chat to tell others our player's levels or how many ships we may need, though. I think that would be a great idea since there's almost no way to give out too much information.