Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

True Love Triumphs Quest

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
Tried this dungeon quest earlier today. Got down to the cave with the fish, but it would not drop the ring, Tired several times to fight the fish but no drop. came back later to try again and was sad to realize i had to restart the entire dungeon to get back down to the fish. In the under water cave there was only one Cave fish, but is spawns ancient fish to battle with it. I was under the impression that when in a timed dungeon the final boss monster drops the quest item as soon as he is defeated the first time. So is this multiple battles to get the drop a bug or what? Tried this with a friend too, and still no luck!

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
It took 7 or 8 battles, but my friend and I finally got it done. Seems like an odd drop rate for a dungeon. Also, I don't remember this section being in beta (I think it is new), so there was no way to bug/drop rate test it back then. Maybe the drop rate is worth looking into.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Ruby Blades on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
It took 7 or 8 battles, but my friend and I finally got it done. Seems like an odd drop rate for a dungeon. Also, I don't remember this section being in beta (I think it is new), so there was no way to bug/drop rate test it back then. Maybe the drop rate is worth looking into.

It's an odd dungeon that can take more than once to collect the ring. The first time you play it, you do have to defeat the enemies within 15 turns (if I remember correctly). If you didn't get the ring, then you can battle additional times without the 15 turn limit.

@ruby1252 - yeah, it was in Beta. I remember, because I thought it was a glitch that I had to fight so many times.