Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tricky Vinny got worse...

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
Hi everyone who may be reading this. I heard Tricky Vinny could get promoted at level 30 so I levelled him up to get his promotion. However after I promoted him I realised he just got worse! His damage went from around 84-138 damage to 76-127 damage and his health went down by 10 as well. I thought that's ok because he will probably get to have 2 new good talents. But instead of getting 2 talents he could only get 1! Even though he could choose to get a power as well and could choose from some decent talents he is still really weak. It is like going through the entire game with Bonnie Anne never getting promoted or getting any new epic talents. If anyone else has an opinion about Tricky Vinny's promotion post them here.

I hope you take the time to read this.

Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 36 Swashbuckler.

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
Dashing Roberto Sh... on Nov 23, 2012 wrote:
Hi everyone who may be reading this. I heard Tricky Vinny could get promoted at level 30 so I levelled him up to get his promotion. However after I promoted him I realised he just got worse! His damage went from around 84-138 damage to 76-127 damage and his health went down by 10 as well. I thought that's ok because he will probably get to have 2 new good talents. But instead of getting 2 talents he could only get 1! Even though he could choose to get a power as well and could choose from some decent talents he is still really weak. It is like going through the entire game with Bonnie Anne never getting promoted or getting any new epic talents. If anyone else has an opinion about Tricky Vinny's promotion post them here.

I hope you take the time to read this.

Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 36 Swashbuckler.
How did you get Tricky Vinny? The damage is a common bug, after awhile it goes either up to its original damage or higher. Many companions only get one talent, which isnt great but its ok. I personally havent tried him, but if i can find out where to get him i could tell you what i think about him.

Silent Amber Level 50 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
Fluffy Puppy on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
How did you get Tricky Vinny? The damage is a common bug, after awhile it goes either up to its original damage or higher. Many companions only get one talent, which isnt great but its ok. I personally havent tried him, but if i can find out where to get him i could tell you what i think about him.

Silent Amber Level 50 Swashbuckler
You get him from a quest in Gullet i think its near the weapons shop i cant really remember that well, you have to do a quest first and then you get the quest to get him. Also i know that most companions get 1 epic talent but that is normally for their second promotion not their first. So because of this he is really weak and is now near the bottom of my list because he cant get all the epic talents and powers my other companions get which is a shame because i really like Tricky Vinny. Hope the information on how to get Vinny helps.

Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 40 Swashbuckler

Administrator
From what I've been told, this is a display bug. Logging out and back in should correct the issue, and the correct damage/stats should show in the companion window for Tricky Vinny.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
From what I've been told, this is a display bug. Logging out and back in should correct the issue, and the correct damage/stats should show in the companion window for Tricky Vinny.
Ok thanks.