Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Trash Doubloons

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 29, 2012
13
It would be nice if we had the ability to send certain Doubloons to the trash can. The only way to get rid of them now is to use them and that is inconvenient when you are being selective about managing your battles. I have far too many "coins" and they clutter my inventory to the point that the better ones rarely show up for use. Just my "two cents worth".

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Glendon44 on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
It would be nice if we had the ability to send certain Doubloons to the trash can. The only way to get rid of them now is to use them and that is inconvenient when you are being selective about managing your battles. I have far too many "coins" and they clutter my inventory to the point that the better ones rarely show up for use. Just my "two cents worth".
I agree that it would be nice to be able to at least sell our lesser doubloons, to bring in some extra coinage. I don't think I would do much trashing of them but selling would be quite nice. But one suggestion that may help is the fact that we can trade doubloons. I have 2 accounts and lower level pirates on one of them, so I can trade my lesser ones to my low-level pirates on that other account-- if nothing else to store them for later use, by those pirates. I think that the doubloon system and the randomness of which doubloons show up in battle, were to keep it from being too easy. If we could just stack a few rows of our favorite, most powerful doubloons (with no effort), then it would take away a lot of strategy. I think the system was meant to aid us but not completely carry us in battle. Sure we can trade and dispose of them (by giving away) to create a near perfect doubloon lineup, but with that it at least requires some 'work and effort' on our part.

But trading doubloons doesn't mean that you have to get something in return. Might I suggest hanging out in realm Avery in Avery's court and 'giving away' some of those lesser, lower level doubloons, to other pirates. There should be plenty of low level pirates that would gladly accept such an act of generosity. I'm not sure if you have text chat available to you, but if you do you could hang out in Avery's and chat out "free doubloons, get your free doubloons, here! Low level doubloons free to any low level pirates! Come one, come all!". You can click on a pirate or they can click on you and you can just unload your unwanted doubloons on some willing and soon-to-be happy low level pirates without getting any unwanted doubloons back. They'll be helping you weed out the undesirable doubloons and you'll be helping them out as well.

Just a possible remedy to your problem...at least until we are able to either sell or dare I say, trash them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9382
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
I agree that it would be nice to be able to at least sell our lesser doubloons, to bring in some extra coinage. I don't think I would do much trashing of them but selling would be quite nice. But one suggestion that may help is the fact that we can trade doubloons. I have 2 accounts and lower level pirates on one of them, so I can trade my lesser ones to my low-level pirates on that other account-- if nothing else to store them for later use, by those pirates. I think that the doubloon system and the randomness of which doubloons show up in battle, were to keep it from being too easy. If we could just stack a few rows of our favorite, most powerful doubloons (with no effort), then it would take away a lot of strategy. I think the system was meant to aid us but not completely carry us in battle. Sure we can trade and dispose of them (by giving away) to create a near perfect doubloon lineup, but with that it at least requires some 'work and effort' on our part.

But trading doubloons doesn't mean that you have to get something in return. Might I suggest hanging out in realm Avery in Avery's court and 'giving away' some of those lesser, lower level doubloons, to other pirates. There should be plenty of low level pirates that would gladly accept such an act of generosity. I'm not sure if you have text chat available to you, but if you do you could hang out in Avery's and chat out "free doubloons, get your free doubloons, here! Low level doubloons free to any low level pirates! Come one, come all!". You can click on a pirate or they can click on you and you can just unload your unwanted doubloons on some willing and soon-to-be happy low level pirates without getting any unwanted doubloons back. They'll be helping you weed out the undesirable doubloons and you'll be helping them out as well.

Just a possible remedy to your problem...at least until we are able to either sell or dare I say, trash them.
The only trouble with this idea of 'giving away' doubloons, Valkoor, is that even a low level pirate won't want some of those su- ahem - less than desirable doubloons ( like the Movement ones which are useless ).

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
anecorbie on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
The only trouble with this idea of 'giving away' doubloons, Valkoor, is that even a low level pirate won't want some of those su- ahem - less than desirable doubloons ( like the Movement ones which are useless ).
The Movement Doubloons are not useless, anecorbie. They provide us more battleboard squares to run to, which is quite handy for the larger battleboards. If there may be more larger boards, I would place these kind of Doubloons to good use to us Pirates.

Nevertheless, I have been thinking of disposing lower level Doubloons I've gathered through my adventures on my max Swashbuckler, yet can't seem to rid myself of them. Discarding them in battle is one thing, but to dispose of Doubloons to make way for higher leveled ones, that's what I have been thinking of having. To sell them is a good option, & to trash them, we may need to have a careful confirmation on that before we do it. Other than that, I would like to rid some Doubloons that have been piling up, & not just by discarding them during battles, which is likely placing them aside to use different ones, not rather getting rid of them completely.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
anecorbie on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
The only trouble with this idea of 'giving away' doubloons, Valkoor, is that even a low level pirate won't want some of those su- ahem - less than desirable doubloons ( like the Movement ones which are useless ).
Well, surely you may not be able to give away all of the less desirable doubloons. But the 'give away sweepstakes' could absolutely help you 'thin the herd' a little-- thus making more desirable ones possibly pop up more often and at more opportune times. There are pages upon pages of doubloons out there, so narrowing them down a little, to maybe just 1 or 2 pages would drastically help improve the probability of 'the right ones' showing up in battle.

With the doubloons increasing in levels of 5 (as far as 'power or rank' & potency goes), that's potentially a loooot of doubloons for your pirate to tote around. Giving away many of those lower-mid ranked ones (and even some of the high-level, less desirable ones) would certainly help ease management and improve the in-battle results of the remaining ones. A level 55 Movement Doubloon may not be exciting to a maxed pirate, but it probably would seem quite enticing to a level 5 pirate. Sure you may still be stuck with a few undesirables, but in the meantime you've helped your pirate's cause a great deal.

I would still love to be able to sell them...or maybe even trade them in for Scrip for Black Market gear-- that, to me, would be ideal.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
331
Trimond297 on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
The Movement Doubloons are not useless, anecorbie. They provide us more battleboard squares to run to, which is quite handy for the larger battleboards. If there may be more larger boards, I would place these kind of Doubloons to good use to us Pirates.

Nevertheless, I have been thinking of disposing lower level Doubloons I've gathered through my adventures on my max Swashbuckler, yet can't seem to rid myself of them. Discarding them in battle is one thing, but to dispose of Doubloons to make way for higher leveled ones, that's what I have been thinking of having. To sell them is a good option, & to trash them, we may need to have a careful confirmation on that before we do it. Other than that, I would like to rid some Doubloons that have been piling up, & not just by discarding them during battles, which is likely placing them aside to use different ones, not rather getting rid of them completely.
I think the problem is that just about any pirate can get across the board if they need to in the time it takes for the doubloon to activate. The musketeers and witches don't have to get to close because they are ranged, the privateers usually stay in the back, Swashes have Fast, and Buccs have their charges, not to mention that 99% of enemies will just move towards you, meaning you are in range to attack after one turn, meaning that they are useless then. not to mention they are completely useless after the first 3 or 4 turns, because everyone is close enough together by that point.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Voodoo Cornelius on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
I think the problem is that just about any pirate can get across the board if they need to in the time it takes for the doubloon to activate. The musketeers and witches don't have to get to close because they are ranged, the privateers usually stay in the back, Swashes have Fast, and Buccs have their charges, not to mention that 99% of enemies will just move towards you, meaning you are in range to attack after one turn, meaning that they are useless then. not to mention they are completely useless after the first 3 or 4 turns, because everyone is close enough together by that point.
I agree that it may not be the most beneficial doubloon, but it surely isn't a worthless or useless one. If it pops up in the first round and you choose to use it, you or members of your crew surely will 'gain something' from it. A Witchdoctor or Musketeer may be holding their ground to attack from a distance, but they may also be using some melee companions and those companions just may benefit from it. Especially in PvE and with many players choosing to set their companions to random. Not all Buccaneer companions have a charge power, especially the 'lesser' ones. Some players enjoy the great variety that a random crew presents. So, having a Movement Doubloon show up in the first round, and having Bucc crew members without that charge power available, will certainly come in handy-- allowing them to attack from a great distance, while staying out of harms way.

Also, the movement doubloons may come in handy when combined with a full retreat. Say, someone is having a rough go of things and their pirate and crew are near the end of their ropes. They've used up all their charges and are way to close to the enemy for comfort. They may have a Full Retreat and or Movement doubloon handy and need to make a swift getaway to recover and regroup (just better watch out for any enemies possessing Cheap Shots, Coward's Bane and Parting Shots). Also a Buccaneer pirate or other class of pirate with various crew members in battle may wish to shield or buff in the first turn of battle. If they have that movement doubloon up and ready, they may as well use and enjoy a complete run of the board in the next turn, by all crew members. And the doubloon doesn't take up a 'power usage turn'.

I'd agree that the movement doubloons aren't the most desirable or are limited in their usefulness...but I do believe that they certainly can be valuable in certain situations. But having a lot of them and various levels of them in your doubloon roster wouldn't seem all to necessary, by any means.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
I agree that it may not be the most beneficial doubloon, but it surely isn't a worthless or useless one. If it pops up in the first round and you choose to use it, you or members of your crew surely will 'gain something' from it. A Witchdoctor or Musketeer may be holding their ground to attack from a distance, but they may also be using some melee companions and those companions just may benefit from it. Especially in PvE and with many players choosing to set their companions to random. Not all Buccaneer companions have a charge power, especially the 'lesser' ones. Some players enjoy the great variety that a random crew presents. So, having a Movement Doubloon show up in the first round, and having Bucc crew members without that charge power available, will certainly come in handy-- allowing them to attack from a great distance, while staying out of harms way.

Also, the movement doubloons may come in handy when combined with a full retreat. Say, someone is having a rough go of things and their pirate and crew are near the end of their ropes. They've used up all their charges and are way to close to the enemy for comfort. They may have a Full Retreat and or Movement doubloon handy and need to make a swift getaway to recover and regroup (just better watch out for any enemies possessing Cheap Shots, Coward's Bane and Parting Shots). Also a Buccaneer pirate or other class of pirate with various crew members in battle may wish to shield or buff in the first turn of battle. If they have that movement doubloon up and ready, they may as well use and enjoy a complete run of the board in the next turn, by all crew members. And the doubloon doesn't take up a 'power usage turn'.

I'd agree that the movement doubloons aren't the most desirable or are limited in their usefulness...but I do believe that they certainly can be valuable in certain situations. But having a lot of them and various levels of them in your doubloon roster wouldn't seem all to necessary, by any means.
WOW, I never even thought of using them for retreat purposes. Nice strategizing there Valkoor.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1129
You know how some stores have coupon exchanges where you can put up your unwanted coupons for some other shopper to use? I'd love to be able to do that with doubloons. The egg timer, for instance, is only useful in PVP matches; I'd love to dump them somewhere where someone else might use it. There'd have to be a daily limit on the number of 'free' doubloons an account could pick up; say a maximum of three or up to six if you've donated three that day as well.

That's too much coding, though, and I'd rather they spent their coding time bringing us the next part of the storyline, thanks very much. But it's a nice dream...

Ensign
May 17, 2013
13
Personally, I'm tired of having the "Egg Timer" Doubloon show up on my screen during Tower fights. I believe the last time I tried to use it to get rid of it, it told me something to the effect of invalid targets, and put it back in my bag. I can't get rid of it and it's useless.