Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Transportalers being crowns only for non-members

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 15, 2017
I don't like doing membership, I prefer to be a crowns player and I bought all the areas in Wizard.

What's stopping me from buying Pirate and spending money on it is the fact that the Transportalers are crowns only if you're not a member. It doesn't make me want to get membership, just makes me not want to play. This seems like a silly and overkill thing and would add tons of boring travel time if I don't spend real money or just add up and get expensive.

Since you guys are focusing on user experience and quality of life updates, I think this should be changed to gold for non-members. Make it more expensive in gold to non-members!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KKingler on Jun 6, 2022 wrote:
I don't like doing membership, I prefer to be a crowns player and I bought all the areas in Wizard.

What's stopping me from buying Pirate and spending money on it is the fact that the Transportalers are crowns only if you're not a member. It doesn't make me want to get membership, just makes me not want to play. This seems like a silly and overkill thing and would add tons of boring travel time if I don't spend real money or just add up and get expensive.

Since you guys are focusing on user experience and quality of life updates, I think this should be changed to gold for non-members. Make it more expensive in gold to non-members!
Using the transportalers requires only 100 crowns per use. You can get that much daily by doing the KI Trivia quizzes. A week's worth of trivia gains you 700 crowns, very good for any traveling.

Using marks cuts down on traveling time; for example if you must go do a task for an NPC then return to that NPC for the next step.
I have been a crowns player in both W101 (up tp Empyrea) and all areas in P101.
Membership has (and needs) privileges!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
KKingler on Jun 6, 2022 wrote:

Yes! I feel like this change would really help player retention. Ease of transport cuts down on time, therefore making players progress faster and enjoy the game more. This should definitely happen.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I've seen both sides of this, and I have to agree that charging Crowns - or even Gold - for moving from World to World penalizes Pirates. The World Door in Wizard101 serves the same function and is completely free.

Granted, I don't mind sailing my ship around the Spiral, but there have been times when I haven't had a lot of time to play and just wanted to finish a quest. I agree that new players, especially those who have played Wizard101, are certainly put off by this charging for simple teleportation to a world.

Hawkules - if you are truly trying to increase the player base, you need to make this happen.

Ensign
Apr 15, 2017
anecorbie on Jun 6, 2022 wrote:
Using the transportalers requires only 100 crowns per use. You can get that much daily by doing the KI Trivia quizzes. A week's worth of trivia gains you 700 crowns, very good for any traveling.

Using marks cuts down on traveling time; for example if you must go do a task for an NPC then return to that NPC for the next step.
I have been a crowns player in both W101 (up tp Empyrea) and all areas in P101.
Membership has (and needs) privileges!
> You can get that much daily by doing the KI Trivia quizzes

Which is too monotonous for me. It'd also be quicker to basically travel anywhere.

It just feels like a privilege, as I said, discourages me from even paying for the game. Agree to disagree.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KKingler on Jun 8, 2022 wrote:
> You can get that much daily by doing the KI Trivia quizzes

Which is too monotonous for me. It'd also be quicker to basically travel anywhere.

It just feels like a privilege, as I said, discourages me from even paying for the game. Agree to disagree.
Indeed, agree to disagree, friend.
@ Willowydream: Yet it is a game about being a pirate, not a wizard. We're using ships to travel, otherwise we'd just be highway robbers.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2016
anecorbie on Jun 8, 2022 wrote:
@ Willowydream: Yet it is a game about being a pirate, not a wizard. We're using ships to travel, otherwise we'd just be highway robbers.
I don't mind sailing the Skyways. It's the space between skyways that can get mind-numbing.

Also there are many quests that send you to Skyways that are not one but two windstone jumps between worlds.

Sail to the windstone vortex, sail the space between worlds, sail to the windstone vortex, sail the space between worlds, sail the to quest local, repeat in reverse.

As my granddaughter (who loves to play wizards with grandpa) said, "This is boring"

There is such a notion as too much of a good thing.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 8, 2022 wrote:
@anecorbie - I don't understand your point?

We can be pirates who sail our ships around the skyways and stormgates, and would still be Pirates if we could actually travel from World to World for free like Wizards. Wizards and Pirates should have this same privilege, as the OP stated -- it makes people not want to play, and they go away. There is no reason to nickel and dime it like this, especially if they want the player base to grow.