Transferring gold between characters

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 22, 2010
27
This is something I wish discussion on as KI say there is currently no way to transfer gold between characters on the same account. To me, the Bank would be an obvious choice (they don't call them banks for nothing, KI). The problem arose out of an experiment by myself to choose a character class that I thought would suit me. I created a musketeer, spent real money on Crowns and bought her gold to help her out. Now I find I want to delete her and my money (ie her gold) will be deleted along with her. This doesn't seem fair. I can put all her gear in the Bank but not her gold. Why not??

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Keep her until her gold is gone, you can buy items with gold and place it into your shared bank to transfer it over until all the gold is gone.

Ensign
May 11, 2010
16
I have to agree, being able to send money across all your toons would be nice. Maybe make it so that all your money is just automatically shared like the gold database (something like you see in diablo3)

Ensign
Nov 22, 2010
27
Oh come on, someone else must have the same issue! KI, look at the post please and give me some indication of whether you're planning to "steal" my money if I delete a character. I'm an invalid on a limited income, I'm not made of money.

This issue has already been put to Customer Service who said to post it here. Why? No one's looking at it here either.


Ensign
Nov 22, 2010
27
Sadly, seasnake, the buy/sell idea is not a good one. KI lets you buy something for 100gold but only pays you maybe 1gold when you sell it.

Allowing characters on an account to share gold in their bank seems the only fair way to me.

Administrator
Hi. I will be sure to pass along your feedback, but if players have any additional ideas for sionna11, please share!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Stormy Autumn on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
Sadly, seasnake, the buy/sell idea is not a good one. KI lets you buy something for 100gold but only pays you maybe 1gold when you sell it.

Allowing characters on an account to share gold in their bank seems the only fair way to me.
Seasnake was not suggesting you send items to be sold, but rather that, as you go through the game with your new character, instead of spending their gold on new gear or ship equipment, you spend it on the other account and send it over. Obviously, this wouldn't work with ships or training tomes, but for everything else in the game, you can place it in the shared bank. Even if there is no gear or your Musketeer can't leave Skull Island due to not being high level enough, you could go to the housing vendor next to the Kraken Skulls tavern and buy housing items for yourself. It's not an ideal solutions, but it's preferable to that gold just going away, I'd imagine.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Stormy Autumn on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Oh come on, someone else must have the same issue! KI, look at the post please and give me some indication of whether you're planning to "steal" my money if I delete a character. I'm an invalid on a limited income, I'm not made of money.

This issue has already been put to Customer Service who said to post it here. Why? No one's looking at it here either.

I sympathize with the situation.
Having been a long time player of Kings Isle games (ie Wizard101), they have never allowed transferring of gold between characters, so they may not be to accepting of such an idea.

Its not a bad idea however. Pirates "bury" their treasure in stories of old... and not always the same pirate "digs it up", so why not allow us to stow our treasure in our banks as well.

Wish I had some great trick to offer, but what few tricks, or ideas there are, I think are already on the table.

Good luck and Happy Pirating!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
57
Stormy Autumn on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
This is something I wish discussion on as KI say there is currently no way to transfer gold between characters on the same account. To me, the Bank would be an obvious choice (they don't call them banks for nothing, KI). The problem arose out of an experiment by myself to choose a character class that I thought would suit me. I created a musketeer, spent real money on Crowns and bought her gold to help her out. Now I find I want to delete her and my money (ie her gold) will be deleted along with her. This doesn't seem fair. I can put all her gear in the Bank but not her gold. Why not??
The only thing I could suggest is what someone else had mentioned. Use the toon with your gold to buy stuff for your new character. I don't believe any shop keeps are located in class specific areas, correct?

I know logging back and forth between the two can be very annoying, but it's a temporary solution for now.

SCH