Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Thoughts about new Companion Powers through quests

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

While I enjoyed going through "Anarchy in the MB!", I feel there's some thoughts I have to speak out, about our Companions' powers gained in quests.

Listen, I do enjoy Gracie Conrad acquiring the ability to summon War Golems after going through that quest, I feel that this doesn't feel like a real companion promotion, nor does it even considered to be a "mini-promotion". She doesn't even gain a new title for a mini-promotion, anyway, not like many true companion promotion quests that do. I would think that she only gained a new power through a quest, & there's no interface message that says about our companions gaining powers, like, "Gracie Conrad learned: Summon War Golem!". To me, it feels, to place it nicely... hollow about Gracie Conrad being the same after gaining only a new power through a quest & seeing it being a "promotion" to her. If that kind of message about companion units gaining new powers through quests would be implemented in the game & revised into a different system, or, at least, part of our companion training system revised to accommodate it & have it more smoother, it would feel proper to gain new companion powers through quests, likely side quests.

Well, our still companions rarely have anything to help their Captains win their battles, especially against later tougher bosses, even sometimes, promotion quests that make our companions more stronger still doesn't feel like it's really enough, even for tougher battles, & at times, they would still be defeated in battles against tougher bosses, so I feel the quest rewarding system & some parts of our companion training system should be revised & there should be a new interface message added to accommodate our Companions gaining more new powers through quests.

So, I ask of you this request, P101 team, please revise the way Gracie Conrad receives her new power into a different & more smoother system & perhaps add in a few new side quests that gives our companions new powers at select levels so they will really have something to help their captains win battles. I mean, I'm fine with them gaining new talents through leveling, but the way companions receive powers should be improved upon. Really. I hope you can do so someday. Please think of this, P101 team!

Pirates, if you feel the same way, please say your thoughts here. What do the lot of you think of this suggestion? Our units may still need to have something more to help their Captains win in battles, especially new upcoming ones, too.

Thanks once again for listening!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, there's barely anything for our companions to help their captains in battles, especially the toughest battles yet, like their powers, for instance. Plus, the way Gracie Conrad receives her ability doesn't feel like a real "promotion". More likely, its like a companion gaining a new power through a quest & it doesn't feel like they're gaining one through a quest. So, I feel that there should be a plethora of powers added for our companions, low level & high level, & not just counting the others trained by other class trainers, I'm speaking of adding new exclusive companion powers, like the way how Bonnie Anne's got her own custom powers, & the way our companions gaining powers outside of promotions should be made smoother & refined.