Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Thoughts about Captain Gordon's name. I'm baffled.

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy there!

There is one thing I have been meaning to speak of you, and it's about some characters who have the name, Captain Gordon.

During Lucky Jack Russell's 1st promotion quest, "The Spaniel Prisoner", I get to venture into the Castellan Tower & rescue Captain Gordon from Monquistans, that of which is a good promo quest adventure I enjoyed, by the way. Done it on my Swashbuckler & Privateer before.

Then, during Book 1's Prologue Part 2's quests, there is also another character named Captain Gordon, who we get to rescue from the Red Claw Gang after he defeated them & ended their smuggling joint, though we had to get the Golden Hook from The Floating Dutchman. Nonetheless, it was a really enjoyable adventure.

This leads to my point. Both of these characters have the exact name, Captain Gordon, & I'm very baffled by this. The Captain Gordon I saw in Prologue Part 2 was the one who defeated the Red Claw Gang. However, another character, who is also named Captain Gordon, appears in Lucky Jack Russel's promo quest, was kidnapped by Monquistans on purpose to get the state secrets out of him before war could occur. They are both Privateers, yet, the first was renowned, & the other, a Marleybone Privateer, who I thought also was renowned, too, before the Spring 2014 update went Live, that changed the status of Captain Gordon & made another character that has the exact name the other one has to be in line with his history with the Red Claw Gang.

Through some long thinking on occasions, I'm very baffled by this, & it's giving me a bit of a headache. I'm sure some of you feel the same way I am now.

Pirate101 team, I kindly ask of you this request, during Lucky Jack Russell's promotion quest, "The Spaniel Prisoner", change that character's name, the one that is also named Captain Gordon, not the one from Book 1, into a very different name so it & the character itself would be completely separate from the very Captain Gordon we now know to come & like in Book 1's Prologue Part 2.

Thanks again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Trimond297 on May 13, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there!

There is one thing I have been meaning to speak of you, and it's about some characters who have the name, Captain Gordon.

During Lucky Jack Russell's 1st promotion quest, "The Spaniel Prisoner", I get to venture into the Castellan Tower & rescue Captain Gordon from Monquistans, that of which is a good promo quest adventure I enjoyed, by the way. Done it on my Swashbuckler & Privateer before.

Then, during Book 1's Prologue Part 2's quests, there is also another character named Captain Gordon, who we get to rescue from the Red Claw Gang after he defeated them & ended their smuggling joint, though we had to get the Golden Hook from The Floating Dutchman. Nonetheless, it was a really enjoyable adventure.

This leads to my point. Both of these characters have the exact name, Captain Gordon, & I'm very baffled by this. The Captain Gordon I saw in Prologue Part 2 was the one who defeated the Red Claw Gang. However, another character, who is also named Captain Gordon, appears in Lucky Jack Russel's promo quest, was kidnapped by Monquistans on purpose to get the state secrets out of him before war could occur. They are both Privateers, yet, the first was renowned, & the other, a Marleybone Privateer, who I thought also was renowned, too, before the Spring 2014 update went Live, that changed the status of Captain Gordon & made another character that has the exact name the other one has to be in line with his history with the Red Claw Gang.

Through some long thinking on occasions, I'm very baffled by this, & it's giving me a bit of a headache. I'm sure some of you feel the same way I am now.

Pirate101 team, I kindly ask of you this request, during Lucky Jack Russell's promotion quest, "The Spaniel Prisoner", change that character's name, the one that is also named Captain Gordon, not the one from Book 1, into a very different name so it & the character itself would be completely separate from the very Captain Gordon we now know to come & like in Book 1's Prologue Part 2.

Gordon is a pretty common name. I am sure that is all it is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 13, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there!

The use of the name 'Gordon' for the Blood Shoals quest is an Easter Egg referring to Gorton's fish foods ( frozen battered filets, etc. ) fairly clever and amusing....

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 13, 2015 wrote:
The use of the name 'Gordon' for the Blood Shoals quest is an Easter Egg referring to Gorton's fish foods ( frozen battered filets, etc. ) fairly clever and amusing....
Yes, & I do enjoy it. However, I was referring to another character in Lucky Jack Russell's promo quest that is also named Captain Gordon, not the one from the Blood Shoals quest. I hope, at least, that character receives his own middle name to it, or have that character's name changed.