This Would Make P101 More Pay To Win, But

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
676
I was thinking about more ways to get people to buy crowns and membership, and even though a lot of people are opposed to pay to win I wanted to explore the option of making Pirate 101 more pay to win to encourage crowns and membership.

Power Cards - What if members got to guarantee the power in their first power slot would always come up in the first round of all PVE and PVP fights? What if 2 unique power cards were sold in the crown shop for each class (10 cards total)?

Accessory Slots - What if members got an additional accessory slot or an additional accessory slot was sold in the Crown Shop?

Dreadnaught Spawning - What if a potion that automatically spawned the Dreadnaught was sold in the Crown Shop? This could be set up so you would have to be in a particular realm in Skull Island Skyway for the potion to be able to be bought (sort of like Henchmen can only be bought during fights)

Realms - What if members got a member only realm for each area of the game? There is room to add this on the list. Of course the problem would this would be if a member had ports on and a friend tried to port to them would the friend be allowed in or would the friend be sent to another realm? I guess it would be like the Party Room where people who don't own it can still port inside it to a friend

Companion Epic Talents - What if a potion which granted the ability to train another epic talent on all your pirate's companions was sold in the Crown Shop? They could make it like the Crown Shop companions where only one could be purchased per pirate.

Companion Epic Powers - What if members companions got an additional guaranteed critical hit epic power card for each of their companions? What if each companion had an additional unique power card that could be purchased by paying crowns, or if you were a member could be purchased by paying gold?

Game Music - What If members got to select any game soundtrack they wanted to listen to in any area of the game, as well as having a few unique soundtracks (no more than 5) they could listen to?

Restricted Areas - What if members were able to port into restricted areas if there was room for them such as The Tower Of Moo Manchu?

Follower - What if members got a "Second Mate" follower option where both their First Mate and their Second Mate followed them (1 being on either side of their pirate)

Emojis - What if members got a special emoji they could use to tell other pirates they are a member?

Treasure Chest - What if members had the ability to put down any gold amount (up to 25,000) down in any location (excluding where enemies are) in the form of a treasure chest another pirate could pick up?

Spot Markers - What if 3 additional spot markers could be purchased per pirate for crowns so your pirate could mark up to 4 spots? The bought spot markers could be of different color

Friends List - This has been already suggested but I feel members should get at least 25 more spaces on their friends list for a total of 175 friend spaces

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
I was thinking about more ways to get people to buy crowns and membership, and even though a lot of people are opposed to pay to win I wanted to explore the option of making Pirate 101 more pay to win to encourage crowns and membership.

Power Cards - What if members got to guarantee the power in their first power slot would always come up in the first round of all PVE and PVP fights? What if 2 unique power cards were sold in the crown shop for each class (10 cards total)?

Accessory Slots - What if members got an additional accessory slot or an additional accessory slot was sold in the Crown Shop?

Dreadnaught Spawning - What if a potion that automatically spawned the Dreadnaught was sold in the Crown Shop? This could be set up so you would have to be in a particular realm in Skull Island Skyway for the potion to be able to be bought (sort of like Henchmen can only be bought during fights)

Realms - What if members got a member only realm for each area of the game? There is room to add this on the list. Of course the problem would this would be if a member had ports on and a friend tried to port to them would the friend be allowed in or would the friend be sent to another realm? I guess it would be like the Party Room where people who don't own it can still port inside it to a friend

Companion Epic Talents - What if a potion which granted the ability to train another epic talent on all your pirate's companions was sold in the Crown Shop? They could make it like the Crown Shop companions where only one could be purchased per pirate.

Companion Epic Powers - What if members companions got an additional guaranteed critical hit epic power card for each of their companions? What if each companion had an additional unique power card that could be purchased by paying crowns, or if you were a member could be purchased by paying gold?

Game Music - What If members got to select any game soundtrack they wanted to listen to in any area of the game, as well as having a few unique soundtracks (no more than 5) they could listen to?

Restricted Areas - What if members were able to port into restricted areas if there was room for them such as The Tower Of Moo Manchu?

Follower - What if members got a "Second Mate" follower option where both their First Mate and their Second Mate followed them (1 being on either side of their pirate)

Emojis - What if members got a special emoji they could use to tell other pirates they are a member?

Treasure Chest - What if members had the ability to put down any gold amount (up to 25,000) down in any location (excluding where enemies are) in the form of a treasure chest another pirate could pick up?

Spot Markers - What if 3 additional spot markers could be purchased per pirate for crowns so your pirate could mark up to 4 spots? The bought spot markers could be of different color

Friends List - This has been already suggested but I feel members should get at least 25 more spaces on their friends list for a total of 175 friend spaces
Most of these suggestions don't come under the category of "Pay to Win", that phrase is usually used for weapons or gear that is so clearly superior to anything in a game, that it becomes a "must have" to be competitive.
I am absolutely against any "Pay to Win" items or any suggestions that cause a sharp division between member players and non-members.
Your first suggestion could be easily covered by a booster pack in the crown shop, allowing both non and membership players to get these cards.
I believe Ratbeard explained that anything that was on the face ( an accessory ) that it was not technically possible to get extra items ( say an earring and an eye patch ).
Dreadnaught: Absolutely not! Especially since there's a bug that prevents players from entering that dungeon.
Realms: Again, I state that creating a difference between players with an "elite" club mentality would be detrimental to this game and community.
Companion Epic Powers/Talents: This is already covered by leveling and promoting our companions, again this would create an "elitist" community within the game ( not to mention what it would do to ranked PVP. )
I'm sure there's a technical reason for not having members choosing the music they want to hear anywhere they go, and if you get a busy server with every member doing this....
Realms: again, you're trying to separate the community and causing divisions between players.
Emojis: Why? I don't go around asking if someone's a member and I've never been asked if I'm one.
Treasure chests: What Pirate in their right mind would spend the gold for a chest for another pirate to pick up?
Extra spot markers sounds good but again, it should be made available to all for crowns, personally, I don't have a problem with having just one marker, going some place else? That's what your ship is for.
Expanded friends list is a good idea and should be a perk of membership.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
I was thinking about more ways to get people to buy crowns and membership, and even though a lot of people are opposed to pay to win I wanted to explore the option of making Pirate 101 more pay to win to encourage crowns and membership.

Power Cards - What if members got to guarantee the power in their first power slot would always come up in the first round of all PVE and PVP fights? What if 2 unique power cards were sold in the crown shop for each class (10 cards total)?

Accessory Slots - What if members got an additional accessory slot or an additional accessory slot was sold in the Crown Shop?

Dreadnaught Spawning - What if a potion that automatically spawned the Dreadnaught was sold in the Crown Shop? This could be set up so you would have to be in a particular realm in Skull Island Skyway for the potion to be able to be bought (sort of like Henchmen can only be bought during fights)

Realms - What if members got a member only realm for each area of the game? There is room to add this on the list. Of course the problem would this would be if a member had ports on and a friend tried to port to them would the friend be allowed in or would the friend be sent to another realm? I guess it would be like the Party Room where people who don't own it can still port inside it to a friend

Companion Epic Talents - What if a potion which granted the ability to train another epic talent on all your pirate's companions was sold in the Crown Shop? They could make it like the Crown Shop companions where only one could be purchased per pirate.

Companion Epic Powers - What if members companions got an additional guaranteed critical hit epic power card for each of their companions? What if each companion had an additional unique power card that could be purchased by paying crowns, or if you were a member could be purchased by paying gold?

Game Music - What If members got to select any game soundtrack they wanted to listen to in any area of the game, as well as having a few unique soundtracks (no more than 5) they could listen to?

Restricted Areas - What if members were able to port into restricted areas if there was room for them such as The Tower Of Moo Manchu?

Follower - What if members got a "Second Mate" follower option where both their First Mate and their Second Mate followed them (1 being on either side of their pirate)

Emojis - What if members got a special emoji they could use to tell other pirates they are a member?

Treasure Chest - What if members had the ability to put down any gold amount (up to 25,000) down in any location (excluding where enemies are) in the form of a treasure chest another pirate could pick up?

Spot Markers - What if 3 additional spot markers could be purchased per pirate for crowns so your pirate could mark up to 4 spots? The bought spot markers could be of different color

Friends List - This has been already suggested but I feel members should get at least 25 more spaces on their friends list for a total of 175 friend spaces
If KI instituted Member Benefits as they did for W101, added side content so we would have more choices in activities and most importantly give us a story update, then KI would see an increase in membership ( & revenue ) for this game.

Gunner's Mate
Mar 10, 2012
229
Power Cards- No. Hilariously unbalanced in PvP and makes PvE too easy.
Accessory Slot- No. Read my comments for power cards
Dreadnaught Spawn- It's not rare as is
Realm- Not unbalanced, but I don't think most people would care.
Epic Talents and Powers- No. Hilariously unbalanced in PvP and makes PvE too easy.
Game Music- Who would actually care?
Teleporting- Fundamentally changing the game is a bad idea.
Follower- Most people have no follower. I don't think this option would be used
Emoji- I'm ok with exclusive emojis, it's not dissimilar to wiz's exclusive dances. I don't see them being used though
Chest- Gold borderline literally grows on trees. This wouldn't be necessary
Markers- Not a bad idea, but it's only relevant if you're questing. Plus running the 2 minutes to get to Kane or such isn't a huge commitment.
List- This is in wiz already. It's your only truly good idea on this list

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
676
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
Most of these suggestions don't come under the category of "Pay to Win", that phrase is usually used for weapons or gear that is so clearly superior to anything in a game, that it becomes a "must have" to be competitive.
I am absolutely against any "Pay to Win" items or any suggestions that cause a sharp division between member players and non-members.
Your first suggestion could be easily covered by a booster pack in the crown shop, allowing both non and membership players to get these cards.
I believe Ratbeard explained that anything that was on the face ( an accessory ) that it was not technically possible to get extra items ( say an earring and an eye patch ).
Dreadnaught: Absolutely not! Especially since there's a bug that prevents players from entering that dungeon.
Realms: Again, I state that creating a difference between players with an "elite" club mentality would be detrimental to this game and community.
Companion Epic Powers/Talents: This is already covered by leveling and promoting our companions, again this would create an "elitist" community within the game ( not to mention what it would do to ranked PVP. )
I'm sure there's a technical reason for not having members choosing the music they want to hear anywhere they go, and if you get a busy server with every member doing this....
Realms: again, you're trying to separate the community and causing divisions between players.
Emojis: Why? I don't go around asking if someone's a member and I've never been asked if I'm one.
Treasure chests: What Pirate in their right mind would spend the gold for a chest for another pirate to pick up?
Extra spot markers sounds good but again, it should be made available to all for crowns, personally, I don't have a problem with having just one marker, going some place else? That's what your ship is for.
Expanded friends list is a good idea and should be a perk of membership.
The one argument against my ideas you made that I don't get is how 1 extra realm for members would create an "elite" club. If members pay to have benefits wouldn't it be nice for them to get 1 special realm for a total of 23, with everyone else getting 22? I don't think it would be an "elite" club as in my original post I stated friends would be able to port to the member in the all member realm even if they weren't a member. I think having an all member realm would be an easier way to randomly run into the forums posters which is a win for us! I also think this would shrink complaints about present farming during holidays as members who pay money for membership would have their own realm to farm for presents in. The party room is a good test of this concept where if you buy the party realm for 1,500 crowns you can go into it at any time you want to but if you don't own the party room you can still port inside, I don't think anyone has called than an "elite" club. Also the test realm is only accessible to members and people who have made purchases in the last month and nobody calls that an "elite" club that I know of, so having 1 realm for members seems like a good idea.

Also regarding the chests, what if you wanted to give some of your gold to a sibling who just started to play the game, being able to drop up to 25,000 gold in the form of a treasure chest would be a good feature and it would be completely optional wither you did it or not. Remember Kingsisle tries to make Pirate 101 a "family friendly" game.

Lastly, I think the Dreadnaught glitch will be fixed.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
676
Matthew5250 on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
Power Cards- No. Hilariously unbalanced in PvP and makes PvE too easy.
Accessory Slot- No. Read my comments for power cards
Dreadnaught Spawn- It's not rare as is
Realm- Not unbalanced, but I don't think most people would care.
Epic Talents and Powers- No. Hilariously unbalanced in PvP and makes PvE too easy.
Game Music- Who would actually care?
Teleporting- Fundamentally changing the game is a bad idea.
Follower- Most people have no follower. I don't think this option would be used
Emoji- I'm ok with exclusive emojis, it's not dissimilar to wiz's exclusive dances. I don't see them being used though
Chest- Gold borderline literally grows on trees. This wouldn't be necessary
Markers- Not a bad idea, but it's only relevant if you're questing. Plus running the 2 minutes to get to Kane or such isn't a huge commitment.
List- This is in wiz already. It's your only truly good idea on this list
The Dreadnaught isn't that rare when a lot of ships are waiting in a particular realm, but with only 2 ships waiting it can take an hour or more for it to appear. For some instances I might be willing to pay a few crowns to immediately spawn it, if I had enough friends to take it down.

So Wizard 101 already has a larger friends list? If so, maybe just maybe Pirate 101 will get that later this year or next year.

Gunner's Mate
Mar 10, 2012
229
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 8, 2018 wrote:
The Dreadnaught isn't that rare when a lot of ships are waiting in a particular realm, but with only 2 ships waiting it can take an hour or more for it to appear. For some instances I might be willing to pay a few crowns to immediately spawn it, if I had enough friends to take it down.

So Wizard 101 already has a larger friends list? If so, maybe just maybe Pirate 101 will get that later this year or next year.
That's why you and your friends should switch realms and look for a realm where it's spawned already. Dread spawn has nothing to do with how many people are waiting in a realm, it's just a matter of killing scouts. If you have the 5-6 people available to beat the ship part of the dreadnaught, you all should just realm hop until you find an active one. There are 22 realms, so it should only take 2-3 minutes to search them all if no one picks the same one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 8, 2018 wrote:
The one argument against my ideas you made that I don't get is how 1 extra realm for members would create an "elite" club. If members pay to have benefits wouldn't it be nice for them to get 1 special realm for a total of 23, with everyone else getting 22? I don't think it would be an "elite" club as in my original post I stated friends would be able to port to the member in the all member realm even if they weren't a member. I think having an all member realm would be an easier way to randomly run into the forums posters which is a win for us! I also think this would shrink complaints about present farming during holidays as members who pay money for membership would have their own realm to farm for presents in. The party room is a good test of this concept where if you buy the party realm for 1,500 crowns you can go into it at any time you want to but if you don't own the party room you can still port inside, I don't think anyone has called than an "elite" club. Also the test realm is only accessible to members and people who have made purchases in the last month and nobody calls that an "elite" club that I know of, so having 1 realm for members seems like a good idea.

Also regarding the chests, what if you wanted to give some of your gold to a sibling who just started to play the game, being able to drop up to 25,000 gold in the form of a treasure chest would be a good feature and it would be completely optional wither you did it or not. Remember Kingsisle tries to make Pirate 101 a "family friendly" game.

Lastly, I think the Dreadnaught glitch will be fixed.
It is "elitist" if the only way you can get into the realm is by being a member or a friend of a member. This is a greater division of players into 2 camps; right now, KI has avoided "pay to win" and "members only" in this game, everything is balanced and it doesn't matter to players if a friend they just made is a member, crowns player or a free to play pirate.
Not all forums posters are members, you can post ( for one month ) if you've made a purchase of crowns, either on line or by game card.

The Party Room isn't a division of non membership players from membership players - anyone with the crowns can buy the Room ( and it's very affordable considering all it offers ) and any friend can port to them - this is completely different from your member exclusive realm. If this was instituted I can see the day when members would be telling others to turn off ports to keep non-members out.
Test realm is different from what you suggest, KI needs the feed back from players and that they include crowns players with membership guarantees that they get a larger sample than they would if it was exclusively "members only".
If I want to help a pirate get gold, then I can show them the best places to farm for it; I've done this many times for friends. I've even posted good places to farm for gold in this post: "How to be Rich at any level".
Besides, I believe you can gift gold through the Crown Shop.
Unless the Dreadnaught gets that fix, it's useless to suggest an automatic spawn potion.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
676
Matthew5250 on Jul 9, 2018 wrote:
That's why you and your friends should switch realms and look for a realm where it's spawned already. Dread spawn has nothing to do with how many people are waiting in a realm, it's just a matter of killing scouts. If you have the 5-6 people available to beat the ship part of the dreadnaught, you all should just realm hop until you find an active one. There are 22 realms, so it should only take 2-3 minutes to search them all if no one picks the same one.
Been there done that, yes sometimes I have found a scout but typically you have to defeat at least 3 scouts over a 30 minute period before the Dreadnaught actually spawns.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
Most of these suggestions don't come under the category of "Pay to Win", that phrase is usually used for weapons or gear that is so clearly superior to anything in a game, that it becomes a "must have" to be competitive.
I am absolutely against any "Pay to Win" items or any suggestions that cause a sharp division between member players and non-members.
Your first suggestion could be easily covered by a booster pack in the crown shop, allowing both non and membership players to get these cards.
I believe Ratbeard explained that anything that was on the face ( an accessory ) that it was not technically possible to get extra items ( say an earring and an eye patch ).
Dreadnaught: Absolutely not! Especially since there's a bug that prevents players from entering that dungeon.
Realms: Again, I state that creating a difference between players with an "elite" club mentality would be detrimental to this game and community.
Companion Epic Powers/Talents: This is already covered by leveling and promoting our companions, again this would create an "elitist" community within the game ( not to mention what it would do to ranked PVP. )
I'm sure there's a technical reason for not having members choosing the music they want to hear anywhere they go, and if you get a busy server with every member doing this....
Realms: again, you're trying to separate the community and causing divisions between players.
Emojis: Why? I don't go around asking if someone's a member and I've never been asked if I'm one.
Treasure chests: What Pirate in their right mind would spend the gold for a chest for another pirate to pick up?
Extra spot markers sounds good but again, it should be made available to all for crowns, personally, I don't have a problem with having just one marker, going some place else? That's what your ship is for.
Expanded friends list is a good idea and should be a perk of membership.
I can see one reason why someone might want a member emoji, it would be a shorthand way to know if someone had access to all areas of the game, therefore is able to go with you to whatever dungeon you are looking for help in. Yes, I know that would not cover the crown players who bought all areas of the game, and can also go everywhere.

It sounds like people do not mind having member benefits added, such as are in Wizard101. I don't see the need for a member realm myself. It could be done as an informal social thing, if people are looking to run into more forum members. You just pick a realm and start suggesting on the boards that fellow Message Maurauders use it, and they can do that if they want to, or you can try holding another message board party at a specific time location and realm. As is, the Party Room seems a pretty good place for members to meet up anyway, without being an elite thing that you dislike. I like when I do spot forum members randomly out in the spiral. That gives me an idea, a Where's Waldo kind of idea.