Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This is getting ridiculous :'(

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
I don't know who's idea it was to add wounding feature to the game, but this new feature has became a pain to deal with . Honestly I look at this as a 'if its not broken, don't fix it' scenario. Now that I have gotten to Mooshu some of my Witch doctor and Swashbuckler companions have been dying right of the bat... Plus when I went to go see this Medical Mitch character, the price for healing my companions are absolutely pricey. Its has become harder to enjoy the game with this feature and if it is here to stay, I am asking anyone if they got any strategies for keeping your companions at least 'alive' during a fight. It has become hard for my companions to survive because of those blasted Samurais always landing those Super hits... Its a great update, but I just really don't like the wounding add on. Any suggestions?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Gee, where do I start? Spend gold and level your companions, use a practice point for Rouse and Refresh, farm for gear that gives you those precious heals, some pets have a heal power to grant you ( Tropical Skysnake has saved my Buc's companions more than once ). If you haven't used your free resets yet, try training your companions in 'Scrapper".

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
It all depends on your strategy, and your companion's level and stats can be an upside depending on how you use them or a downside. Try doing sidequests or farm lower level creatures to help train your companions faster, this addition to the game so far has only been an upside for me, it provides a much greater gameplay experience and gives you consequences for your actions, besides the game is too easily completed in just a month, this will make it longer, you will get used to it you're not the only one that doesn't like wounding, but you will get used to it, and if your still having trouble then why not ask a friend to help, or ask around in Avery's Court, there are plenty of people always asking if anyone needs help.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Noble Tyler Strong on May 30, 2014 wrote:
It all depends on your strategy, and your companion's level and stats can be an upside depending on how you use them or a downside. Try doing sidequests or farm lower level creatures to help train your companions faster, this addition to the game so far has only been an upside for me, it provides a much greater gameplay experience and gives you consequences for your actions, besides the game is too easily completed in just a month, this will make it longer, you will get used to it you're not the only one that doesn't like wounding, but you will get used to it, and if your still having trouble then why not ask a friend to help, or ask around in Avery's Court, there are plenty of people always asking if anyone needs help.
About the "the game is easily completed in a month" that isn't true for everyone :( I been here since the birth of the game and my swashbuckler isn't close to being at the end of the current last world. (ok maybe my swashbuckler might be near but still)

Besides that I actually found this new update actually great. When a companion gets wounded you basically have 3 options
1. Wait the timer out (longer depending on the level
2. Go to miracle mitch (and clean out some of your gold in the process)
3. Use other companions (the recommended path because by the point the timer becomes really long, your bound to have several high tier companions)

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
1) You won't have more than three of your companions in a fight. Keep your best three at the same level as your pirate by:
a) concentrating the learning tomes on them.
b) sending them out Brawling before you log off the game (do this to all your companions)
The second three should be one level back, the third three two levels, etc. Set the order of companion selection to "In Order" rather than "First Mate" or "Random".

2) If certain companions tend to die quickly, use the reset feature and give them more "Armored" (reduces damage done to them), "Tough" (gives them more hit points), and "Dodge" (makes them harder to hit).

3) Forget spending gold on your house and household items. Go through your backpack and sell everything you don't need. Use the gold to buy more learning tomes.

4) Choose your attacks wisely. Don't put a companion somewhere they can be attacked by four enemies at once. They will tend to gang up on the weakest. Use the armor enhancing spells on them. While swashbucklers and Buccaneers have to be in hand to hand combat, musketteers and witchdoctors do not. Keep them further back.

There really is no good reason to anymore to have your companions three or four levels behind your pirate anymore.