Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This dungeon is hard, and I request a shortening.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I would like to request a shortening of the hardest dungeon in the game:

KHOTAN.

This thing makes me scream. Cry. Pull my hair out. And it's all because of how long and elaborate it is. I would like to request a shortening of the dungeon. This removes:

The Samoorai fight when you first enter.

The Samoorai fight after defeating the second Samoorai wave.

The Samoorai fight after the goal "Assault General Tso's Fortress"

Replace the Samoorai in the barracks with a single Samoorai called Idenori Moomori (Samoorai Warlord) that works like the Ordaz fight. Single player, but the more players, Idenori summons minions.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
You are right. Plus, some players don't have the time. Same with Central Core!
Khotan really needs to be easier. Make GENERAL TSO easier! Remove the samoorai in the armory. Only have them outside. Really! Too long, too hard!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Nah, leave it alone. It is a key dungeon, and not overly long. I especially love the final (and very challenging) fight. I lament that some of the more unique fights have been made generic (the escape from the ambush scenario in Bonnie Anne's second promotion quest and the stay alive X rounds fight [I think the end of the Clemens quest line] in Tumbleweed are examples).

Unless you want to make a point of completing the game solo, that might be a fight to choose the "join a group" option.

-Indigo

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
yeah, the dungeons kind of a challenge. however, If all the dungeons were easy and short the game wouldn't be any fun. Personally, I like the challenge and the resulting necessity to have backup companions and health potions on hand. sometimes a long dungeon can be tedious, But KI can't do anything about how much free time we have. It is up to us to manage that. and honestly, none of the fights are very hard in Khotan except for Tso if you dont pay attention to the battle objective.

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
Mark Laveer on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:

KHOTAN.

This thing makes me scream. Cry. Pull my hair out. And it's all because of how long and elaborate it is. I would like to request a shortening of the dungeon. This removes:

Replace the Samoorai in the barracks with a single Samoorai called Idenori Moomori (Samoorai Warlord) that works like the Ordaz fight. Single player, but the more players, Idenori summons minions.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
I don't want to come out harshly but... I really disagree! I found the dungeon very easy and would hate for it to be shortened. Of course it isn't easy for everyone but my I suggest bringing a friend or three? Also I just feel that me and other people who had to work hard(Some more then others)and then just for it to be made easier for the newer players.

Now(again not trying to be harsh)why would the Samoori be removed? We aren't talking about Private Tso the lowly farmer. We're talking about General Tso the fierce warlord. Why wouldn't a fierce warlord have an army of guards at his disposal?

Now as for the boss I highly agree! This would be such and awesome opportunity to add in. Maybe the barracks become a miny tower with the boss on top? This boss could also add lower level highly farmable gear. This way more and more new strategies for the dungeon are being created do to the new demand to go in.

Kai Sawkins lvl 61
Tiny Tim lvl 20

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
This dungeon is fine as it is and I request no action taken.
1. You can level up to be stronger
2. You can bring friends to help
3. You have skills enough to win
4. Not everything in life is easy and you really need to build focus now to be able to handle it
5.Not everything should be done within five seconds. This is a game world built for your enjoyment immerse yourself in it and take the time to enjoy.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
if you think khotan is hard try to solo the smuggler's dungeon, you'll know what losing your entire crew feels like then

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
They already did shorten this dungeon from the last time I did it; They removed the fight in the barracks, and believe me, it was a tough one ( what you're calling the barracks is actually the armory; which you have to blow-up ).

Ensign
Oct 20, 2011
I don't know what nonsense your talking about?! The Khotan Island dungeon wasn't that hard. Only took me two tries. Its easy now compared to what it originally was. There were also like more fights you had to do and Tso nearly cricted every signal turn. You just need a strategy for the dungeon.

Admiral
May 30, 2010

KHOTAN.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
It's not all that long, truly. If you're so frustrated, perhaps you might consider joining a group (the team up option as you enter the dungeon) to help you through.

I'm finding that far too much of the game is getting nerfed, really. Too many of the unique and uniquely challenging battles have been turned into "win this one fight and we're good" sorts of battles.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 2, 2015 wrote:
It's not all that long, truly. If you're so frustrated, perhaps you might consider joining a group (the team up option as you enter the dungeon) to help you through.

I'm finding that far too much of the game is getting nerfed, really. Too many of the unique and uniquely challenging battles have been turned into "win this one fight and we're good" sorts of battles.
As much as I agree that a lot of this game has been so-called nerfed, I can completely understand why certain dungeons & instances have been toned down, in both time & difficulty, a good bit.

Sure I would prefer it to be as challenging as possible, but at the same time, let's face it, this game is still partly intended for younger audiences-- 10+. As much as I would enjoy every dungeon to really test me, I also wouldn't want to be a kid (whom the game is also intended for) become overly frustrated to the point of not wanting to keep playing, due to too much difficulty.

Many older players, middle-high schoolers, & those that have grasped the games battle concepts & training aspects of the game, need to understand that there's a huge player base of younger kids that might not fully understand or take advantage of everything, like we older & adult players do. I fully believe that if leveled properly, trained properly (both pirate & crew), you complete side quests to stay ahead of the level curve & you understand combat strategies-- then every dungeon & instance can be & is rather easy to solo...except the tower &w the smuggler's arena-- but they both can still be done. But for many younger players they don't 100% understand all of these aspects & concepts fully, so they may struggle mightily with something we find rather easy. And they may become frustrated to the point of wanting to give up the game entirely & move on to another game...sometimes that's what kids do. I'm sure KI is able to see what these "struggle instances" are for players & take that into account when they make a dungeon or instance "nerfed".

The great news for those wanting a challenge, we can make these "easier" instances much more difficult because we understand how to. Younger players may not fully understand how to make a more difficult situation easier. So, KI has helped them, while still giving us other players the means to ratchet up the difficulty if we take the time to. If something is too easy for us, we can make it more difficult-- because we are aware of what it takes to do so.

In the meantime, younger players without complete awareness & understanding of the games "finer points" can more easily enjoy their time in the Spiral. And I don't think that's a bad thing at all-- from my personal viewpoint & KI's as well. The game should be enjoyable for all ages & understanding levels. For those that have it grasped, we can surely & easily adjust our game style & difficulty levels, while others may not know how at all.

So, if a dungeon is too easy, make it harder for yourself-- there surely are many ways to. And if you understand the game & it's concepts, then you should likewise be able to make it easier for your own play through-- as there are also means to do this. And for younger players who don't understand, then they should be able to enjoy the game as well & also enjoy less difficult instances-- since they make up a vast majority of whom the game was intended for.

Captain
May 16, 2011

KHOTAN.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
It already was shortened. I cleared just fine without any help twice, with a Witchdoctor and then a Swashbuckler. It's not that hard.