Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Scylla

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
Normally I would be happy about beating a boss as hard as the Scylla. Though I wasn't. The Scylla is kind of a solo boss, you have to be using your ship to get credit and only one ship can be in the dungeon. My friend and I did the whole game together and when we finally got to the Scylla he kept dying. My friend is a real life friend and we do video games together, I did not just meet him online and there is a miracle that he is on so much. Anyway his ship isn't very good, he isn't a high nautical level either. So I killed the Scylla easy, but when he tried he could not beat it. After many tries we finally won, and we beat the game. We are both working on a second character though and I don't think we will be able to beat it on them. I am giving some feedback about making this easier and so more pirates can beat the game.

1. Make it so up to 4 ships can enter together into the passage, this will make it a fair fight. Your friends can't really help in the battle against the Scylla except for the Scylla spawn, but that's one battle that if you push tab and take the tokens away fast, and take them all away, is very easy. Your friends want to help you beat the game! So let them help a bit more I mean you did friend them right and they are there to help!
2. (This one is a bit off topic) To beat the Scylla you need beast nautical gear. Whenever I go to the main island of a world or skyway, the ship equipment is nautical level is way higher than my level, and the main ship fighting quests don't help out much. You expect us to be amazing nautical levels when maybe we don't ship farm and do those side quests. I think you should make it so its a decent nautical level. Aquila's is about 56. Next worlds should be about 60. Not 63 or something like that.
3. I do appreciate that you made it so the Scylla can't heal, It does make the battle extremely less annoying, but what I don't like is that sometimes when you have 2 heads left its not very challenging. Its like fighting a jar, if you back up far enough, a head can't hit you so its a easy 1v1 except the Scylla can't heal. This will only work if you left 2 heads and they are on the same row going across not up. If you are on the right far away the left head one attack you. If you are on the left far away the right one can't attack you. I know the lesser the heads the easier but really? This is too easy! I expect a big challenge from the first ever ship boss. I mean it is in the last 10 battles of the game and Aquila! Also something about the Gorgon battle, those bone snake have too make relentless. I mean 2? The ones in cool ranch don't have that so why should they! Its like fighting undead manticores. Just more annoying and they do more damage.

Maybe I should stop babbling and let you all go on with your day. I hope to see you in the game and in the new world! - Olivia Freeman level 65 currently done with the game and Strong Alexis Strong level 38 in Mooshu. See ya in the Skyway fellow pirates!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Olivia Freeman on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Normally I would be happy about beating a boss as hard as the Scylla. Though I wasn't. The Scylla is kind of a solo boss, you have to be using your ship to get credit and only one ship can be in the dungeon. My friend and I did the whole game together and when we finally got to the Scylla he kept dying. My friend is a real life friend and we do video games together, I did not just meet him online and there is a miracle that he is on so much. Anyway his ship isn't very good, he isn't a high nautical level either. So I killed the Scylla easy, but when he tried he could not beat it. After many tries we finally won, and we beat the game. We are both working on a second character though and I don't think we will be able to beat it on them. I am giving some feedback about making this easier and so more pirates can beat the game.

1. Make it so up to 4 ships can enter together into the passage, this will make it a fair fight. Your friends can't really help in the battle against the Scylla except for the Scylla spawn, but that's one battle that if you push tab and take the tokens away fast, and take them all away, is very easy. Your friends want to help you beat the game! So let them help a bit more I mean you did friend them right and they are there to help!
2. (This one is a bit off topic) To beat the Scylla you need beast nautical gear. Whenever I go to the main island of a world or skyway, the ship equipment is nautical level is way higher than my level, and the main ship fighting quests don't help out much. You expect us to be amazing nautical levels when maybe we don't ship farm and do those side quests. I think you should make it so its a decent nautical level. Aquila's is about 56. Next worlds should be about 60. Not 63 or something like that.
3. I do appreciate that you made it so the Scylla can't heal, It does make the battle extremely less annoying, but what I don't like is that sometimes when you have 2 heads left its not very challenging. Its like fighting a jar, if you back up far enough, a head can't hit you so its a easy 1v1 except the Scylla can't heal. This will only work if you left 2 heads and they are on the same row going across not up. If you are on the right far away the left head one attack you. If you are on the left far away the right one can't attack you. I know the lesser the heads the easier but really? This is too easy! I expect a big challenge from the first ever ship boss. I mean it is in the last 10 battles of the game and Aquila! Also something about the Gorgon battle, those bone snake have too make relentless. I mean 2? The ones in cool ranch don't have that so why should they! Its like fighting undead manticores. Just more annoying and they do more damage.

Maybe I should stop babbling and let you all go on with your day. I hope to see you in the game and in the new world! - Olivia Freeman level 65 currently done with the game and Strong Alexis Strong level 38 in Mooshu. See ya in the Skyway fellow pirates!
I disagree with everything you have said in this post. There are some challenges that you must face in this game alone. Class and companion promotions for example. You didn't mention how you and your buddy met those challenges. By facing a challenge alone, you gain a deeper insight to strategy without depending on someone else to take up the slack. Sorry, but I hope KI doesn't change the Scylla!