Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Royal Cort dungeon in Valenca

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
Hello everyone! I was playing through Valencia pt. 2 and as I was going through I met up with a level 70 pirate (both of us were swash) and we tried the dungeon and both died the first time. We did it the second time but barley. It's the royal guard unicorns that got us. I was hoping that they toned down the damage and first strikes the unicorns had. I get it that KI wanted to give us a challenge but did they go to far? Whats your guys option? How should it be to make it a challenge but more "easier"?

Ruthless Anna Nightingale level 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anna Nightanglae on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Hello everyone! I was playing through Valencia pt. 2 and as I was going through I met up with a level 70 pirate (both of us were swash) and we tried the dungeon and both died the first time. We did it the second time but barley. It's the royal guard unicorns that got us. I was hoping that they toned down the damage and first strikes the unicorns had. I get it that KI wanted to give us a challenge but did they go to far? Whats your guys option? How should it be to make it a challenge but more "easier"?

Ruthless Anna Nightingale level 70
I soloed this as a swashbuckler ( other classes too ) in test realm and live. Are you depending on Fog just to get you through? You need to change up your strategy ( and companion choices ) to face the challenges of VA2.
Use Fog as a defensive ploy - use the time to buff and shield, before attacking.
The fights will only get tougher ( just wait until Trigante Wine Cellars! )
It doesn't need nerfing!
That's my opinion.

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
anecorbie on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
I soloed this as a swashbuckler ( other classes too ) in test realm and live. Are you depending on Fog just to get you through? You need to change up your strategy ( and companion choices ) to face the challenges of VA2.
Use Fog as a defensive ploy - use the time to buff and shield, before attacking.
The fights will only get tougher ( just wait until Trigante Wine Cellars! )
It doesn't need nerfing!
That's my opinion.
Thanks for replaying! I see your point and your right the wine cellars were hard. But I still think that Royal guards are a little to overpowered. But also think it would have been easier if I was with a different class. Either way I bet there are great stragies out there like what you used to make it easier. I should apply that to my witchdocter when she gets there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anna Nightanglae on Dec 21, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for replaying! I see your point and your right the wine cellars were hard. But I still think that Royal guards are a little to overpowered. But also think it would have been easier if I was with a different class. Either way I bet there are great stragies out there like what you used to make it easier. I should apply that to my witchdocter when she gets there.
If you're using your witchdoctor, be sure to protect Scratch ( if you chose to use him ) use a shield or move him to the back - you can go one round without his buff if that means he stays with you longer ( instead of being taken down in the second round. )
I suggest using Gracie for her Hold the Line and her golem, for it's Hold the Line. ( she also benefits from Scratch's Mojo Flow. ) Having a hard hitter that can dish out the punishment is good too, Ratbeard is excellent for this.
Use summons as distractions ( doubloons or your own minions ).

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
anecorbie on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
If you're using your witchdoctor, be sure to protect Scratch ( if you chose to use him ) use a shield or move him to the back - you can go one round without his buff if that means he stays with you longer ( instead of being taken down in the second round. )
I suggest using Gracie for her Hold the Line and her golem, for it's Hold the Line. ( she also benefits from Scratch's Mojo Flow. ) Having a hard hitter that can dish out the punishment is good too, Ratbeard is excellent for this.
Use summons as distractions ( doubloons or your own minions ).
Thanks for the advice! I will apply them when she gets there!

Ensign
Oct 09, 2014
Funny you should mention Trigante, very recently one of my friends told me in private chat that she needed help with the dungeon and that she was almost dead, so I finished up my fight and ported to her. As soon as my screen loaded, my first though was, "Well this sucks". She had brought 2 friends into the dungeon previously to help her and everyone but her Subodai (who was in the process of dying) was dead. Then when my turn came up I realized I had no companions. So not only was I facing 10 enemies with no companions (because they had already killed 2 unicorns) but I learned that they also had the ability to use Whale's Might. My first thought was, "How on earth did you mess up this badly", then my next thought was, "I'll just show you how to strategize." To skip to the point I'll cut my story short and say: yes, I ended up winning after an hour of buffing, shielding, attacking, healing, hiding, attacking, healing, shielding, more buffing and shielding, attacking, more healing (I think you get the point). But it's not that Valencia 2 is too hard, it just takes careful planning, a backup plan, and patience. I'm actually very pleased with how Valencia 2 all worked out; KI made it a challenge, and not just something I can breeze right by. And through the challenge they provided me with, I was able to improve and correct any flaws I previously had. Well, I'll see you all around in the Spiral. Until then, happy sailing and fair winds to you all!
And a very Merry Christmas as well from your local Pet All-Master, PVP psychopath, and Pirate101 soloist Ruthless Daniel Gunwale!!!

Ruthless Daniel Gunwale
Level 70(main) + Level 70(side)

Ensign
Aug 29, 2011
It's a hard fight for sure but is for a reason its to see of your ready for the world ahead. I'm not saying I think is an ok dungeon I do think it needs some toning down like decreasing crit rate but know ki does this for a reason you may think making the fight easier will make the experience more fun but it WILL NOT it would just make it so the next dungeon you rage at and then a chain reaction starts and before you know it the Kane fights a peice of cake and that's no fun. So the next time you think a dungeon is way to hard know it's just making sure your ready for what's ahead. Ki doesn't do this because they think their making the game more challenging in a way their making it easier.
As always
Good hunting,
Noble William Jackson L70 privateer