Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Report Feature Should Be Available For All

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Recently I ran into a problem and that is the reason I am posting this. There was another pirate(who I will not name) who was bullying me on the game.
Because I am a crowns player and not a member I do not have access to the report feature. I know I can ignore other pirates but that is like saying you should walk away and never stand up for what is right. Luckily, I had a friend online who was a member and they were able to report them, but it is downright shameful that non-members don't have access to the report feature. I am asking KI to make the report feature available for every pirate(member and non-member) in the next update. To any KI employ reading this post, how would you like it if someone cursed at you or told you to hurt yourself and you could not do anything about it except ignore them? I am guessing you would absolutely hate it! If the report feature was available to all, KI could punish non-members who falsely report multiple times by muting or banning them just like they currently do for members who falsely report. If KI listens to my idea it's not like members wouldn't have any benefits. Members would still have exclusive permanent access to these message boards, exclusive access to 18+ open chat, a larger backpack, a larger friends list, and exclusive access to double XP days. I don't think anyone would cancel their membership just because the report feature was made available to everyone. Please YAR my post to encourage KI to do the right thing, I am hoping this post gets at least 50 YARS though any YARS are appreciated.

PS: I would like to thank the KI Facebook team for helping resolve an issue I had recently. They were great!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on May 16, 2017 wrote:
Recently I ran into a problem and that is the reason I am posting this. There was another pirate(who I will not name) who was bullying me on the game.
Because I am a crowns player and not a member I do not have access to the report feature. I know I can ignore other pirates but that is like saying you should walk away and never stand up for what is right. Luckily, I had a friend online who was a member and they were able to report them, but it is downright shameful that non-members don't have access to the report feature. I am asking KI to make the report feature available for every pirate(member and non-member) in the next update. To any KI employ reading this post, how would you like it if someone cursed at you or told you to hurt yourself and you could not do anything about it except ignore them? I am guessing you would absolutely hate it! If the report feature was available to all, KI could punish non-members who falsely report multiple times by muting or banning them just like they currently do for members who falsely report. If KI listens to my idea it's not like members wouldn't have any benefits. Members would still have exclusive permanent access to these message boards, exclusive access to 18+ open chat, a larger backpack, a larger friends list, and exclusive access to double XP days. I don't think anyone would cancel their membership just because the report feature was made available to everyone. Please YAR my post to encourage KI to do the right thing, I am hoping this post gets at least 50 YARS though any YARS are appreciated.

PS: I would like to thank the KI Facebook team for helping resolve an issue I had recently. They were great!
In the first year of the game this report feature was available to at least crowns players as well as members. Then something happened and this feature was taken away from crowns players - and it's also the same in W101; you can't report unless you're a member.
Why?
Are members more responsible in reporting? I don't think this is the case; I think it's because KI has a reduced staff and can't keep up with the flow of reports.
Reducing who can report, reduces reports.
This however, doesn't mean that bad behavior is going away, KI is just not hearing about it. If I should need to report, I would have to take a screen shot, note the day, time and server; then send a report to Support. Not many players know how to do this and it's a hassle to go through it.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
reporting doesnt seem to do anything, ive reported 1 player on 3 different occasions for cussing and he's still running around happy as ever

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
Well people need to post pictures or something like a zip file.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I will be honest, the current state of reporting is very much like the movie "the purge", except this seems permanent rather than 12 hours long. The movie deals with the concept that all crime, even murder, is legal due to stuff I won't go into detail about.

On the plus side most rude players get a good "shut up and walk the plank" from the rest of the community, although in the long run this is not super effective.

What KI can do is focus on a pirate who has been reported a lot by multiple others, and discipline that pirate if deemed necessary.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Moldy208 on May 18, 2017 wrote:
Well people need to post pictures or something like a zip file.
Why should we need to be more "tech savvy" when all we could do is click a button?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I think the report feature was blocked for non-members to prevent people from trolling by creating a bunch of accounts and mass-reporting someone to get them banned. This way you have to put money into each account you report someone on, eliminating this kind of trolling

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on May 18, 2017 wrote:
I think the report feature was blocked for non-members to prevent people from trolling by creating a bunch of accounts and mass-reporting someone to get them banned. This way you have to put money into each account you report someone on, eliminating this kind of trolling
And all KI has to do is check the records to see that the person who was reported did nothing. After all, we're told that someone is checking reports that come in.( And I believe they can check the computer address that sent the report, as well. )