The Next Chapter

1
AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
148
What do you think will happen when we go back to Valencia? I think we will get a wind stone to go to either Krok or Polaris and probably have to help do something on either of those worlds.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Ninja Phoenix123 on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
What do you think will happen when we go back to Valencia? I think we will get a wind stone to go to either Krok or Polaris and probably have to help do something on either of those worlds.
Although a return to Valencia is definite, Avery has to come up with a plan to smuggle us inside. This may involve us going somewhere else first. There are two stones left on our windstone astrolabe and a center stone to find.

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
480
Krokotopia will never be in P101. You forget what Krokotopia looked like in W101. There is nothing left to explore.

If you get a windstone, it will be to Darkmoor.

We will likely run into Phule, Bishop, and whoever the queen sitting next to Kane is. I call her a queen, because we already have a pawn (phule) a Rook, a Bishop, another Bishop (Deacon). We have not met the other Castle, seven of the other pawns, nor either knight. They may show up as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Max DeGroot on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Krokotopia will never be in P101. You forget what Krokotopia looked like in W101. There is nothing left to explore.

If you get a windstone, it will be to Darkmoor.

We will likely run into Phule, Bishop, and whoever the queen sitting next to Kane is. I call her a queen, because we already have a pawn (phule) a Rook, a Bishop, another Bishop (Deacon). We have not met the other Castle, seven of the other pawns, nor either knight. They may show up as well.
Now here is where we always disagree, Max. I think it is entirely possible that Krokotopia will be available to P101, because its one of the origin worlds for our pirates. Why have the worlds available if we never go to them?
The fact that W101 Krokotopia is centered on the Oasis; an archaeological dig, has nothing to do with the P101 story. It is entirely possible for another skyway to exist!
I also don't believe we'll be meeting that many Armada Elites, we already know how many there are. and except for the Lady, we know their names.
My speculation is that Deacon was a knight ( sacrificed early in the game ) Lady ( who I call Dame ) is also a knight.
There is a version of chess called Jester Chess which uses an extra piece called the Jester, this is Phule. This piece has no standard movement, it copies the movement of a previous piece.
Its also possible that we may go to Grizzleheim, because it too, is an origin world.
I see no basis for going to Darkmoor, beyond a few references in the game dialogue.

Post Edit: Unless you're a developer with KI, it is not right to say "Krokotopia will never be in P101"

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
148
anecorbie on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Now here is where we always disagree, Max. I think it is entirely possible that Krokotopia will be available to P101, because its one of the origin worlds for our pirates. Why have the worlds available if we never go to them?
The fact that W101 Krokotopia is centered on the Oasis; an archaeological dig, has nothing to do with the P101 story. It is entirely possible for another skyway to exist!
I also don't believe we'll be meeting that many Armada Elites, we already know how many there are. and except for the Lady, we know their names.
My speculation is that Deacon was a knight ( sacrificed early in the game ) Lady ( who I call Dame ) is also a knight.
There is a version of chess called Jester Chess which uses an extra piece called the Jester, this is Phule. This piece has no standard movement, it copies the movement of a previous piece.
Its also possible that we may go to Grizzleheim, because it too, is an origin world.
I see no basis for going to Darkmoor, beyond a few references in the game dialogue.

Post Edit: Unless you're a developer with KI, it is not right to say "Krokotopia will never be in P101"
I completely agree, just like in Mooshu, in P101 we didn't even explore the Jade Palace or see the emperor. These two games may be in the same spiral but we explore different areas of worlds, who knows at the end of the game we might even cross with a wizard.

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
480
anecorbie on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Now here is where we always disagree, Max. I think it is entirely possible that Krokotopia will be available to P101, because its one of the origin worlds for our pirates. Why have the worlds available if we never go to them?
The fact that W101 Krokotopia is centered on the Oasis; an archaeological dig, has nothing to do with the P101 story. It is entirely possible for another skyway to exist!
I also don't believe we'll be meeting that many Armada Elites, we already know how many there are. and except for the Lady, we know their names.
My speculation is that Deacon was a knight ( sacrificed early in the game ) Lady ( who I call Dame ) is also a knight.
There is a version of chess called Jester Chess which uses an extra piece called the Jester, this is Phule. This piece has no standard movement, it copies the movement of a previous piece.
Its also possible that we may go to Grizzleheim, because it too, is an origin world.
I see no basis for going to Darkmoor, beyond a few references in the game dialogue.

Post Edit: Unless you're a developer with KI, it is not right to say "Krokotopia will never be in P101"
But where would it be? We saw every last square inch of Krokotopia! All of it! There was nothing hidden! Look all around in P101, you see no islands out in the distance. Nothing. Where would the pirates go?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Max DeGroot on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
But where would it be? We saw every last square inch of Krokotopia! All of it! There was nothing hidden! Look all around in P101, you see no islands out in the distance. Nothing. Where would the pirates go?
Captain Salabad ( sailor of the 8 sands ) this seems to indicate that there is more to Krok than is seen,in another skyway! Other skyways could exist, you know. Not in that area obviously, but other places. Where are all the people of Krokotopia? They're not all mummies and restless spirits! Where do they live?
The reason we don't see more in W101 is because P101 wasn't even imagined 6 years ago, so it wasn't necessary to show more.
I don't know why you're so against this idea!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
612
Max DeGroot on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
But where would it be? We saw every last square inch of Krokotopia! All of it! There was nothing hidden! Look all around in P101, you see no islands out in the distance. Nothing. Where would the pirates go?
Maybe that part of Krokotopia is separated, like we are from the main city in Marleybone. There is that invisible barrier there. But, as you have seen with some of the larger worlds, the skyways are MASSIVE. Not many wizards, even with their crystal balls could see THAT FAR. I bet if Krok is released, there is going to be a new skyway, lots of new islands, and NO VIEW of the Wizard Krok. As said in some form by many Devs, "Wizard101 and Pirate101 are linked, but only by references. The worlds/islands are completely separate."

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
480
warriorscreed on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
Maybe that part of Krokotopia is separated, like we are from the main city in Marleybone. There is that invisible barrier there. But, as you have seen with some of the larger worlds, the skyways are MASSIVE. Not many wizards, even with their crystal balls could see THAT FAR. I bet if Krok is released, there is going to be a new skyway, lots of new islands, and NO VIEW of the Wizard Krok. As said in some form by many Devs, "Wizard101 and Pirate101 are linked, but only by references. The worlds/islands are completely separate."
They may be massive, but you can still see one part of, say, Big Sky from the other end, if it isn't hidden from us by the big central island.

Since there is no horizon, and nothing to block our view, we ought to see SOMETHING of the rest of Krokotopia, if it existed.

We see nothing. This isn't like Polynesia where the islands are hidden by the horizon. There is no horizon. It doesn't matter how big you make something, if there is nothing blocking your view, you see it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Max DeGroot on Aug 29, 2014 wrote:
They may be massive, but you can still see one part of, say, Big Sky from the other end, if it isn't hidden from us by the big central island.

Since there is no horizon, and nothing to block our view, we ought to see SOMETHING of the rest of Krokotopia, if it existed.

We see nothing. This isn't like Polynesia where the islands are hidden by the horizon. There is no horizon. It doesn't matter how big you make something, if there is nothing blocking your view, you see it.
If you were to ask someone who plays W101 exclusively, "Is there more to Marleybone or MooShu than what you see?" they would tell you "No". Because you can't see those skyways from their view point!
The fact that WE can see more is an argument in favor of Krokotopia containing more in another skyway.
Wizards can only go where there is a Worldgate, and this is usually in a landlocked and urban setting.
Pirates can basically sail anywhere ( even between worlds ) !

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
480
anecorbie on Aug 29, 2014 wrote:
If you were to ask someone who plays W101 exclusively, "Is there more to Marleybone or MooShu than what you see?" they would tell you "No". Because you can't see those skyways from their view point!
The fact that WE can see more is an argument in favor of Krokotopia containing more in another skyway.
Wizards can only go where there is a Worldgate, and this is usually in a landlocked and urban setting.
Pirates can basically sail anywhere ( even between worlds ) !
"In another skyway..."

Let's examine what we have, shall we?

Can we see Flotsam from Jonah Town? No. Why? There's this big freaking island in the way.

Can we see Boot Hill from The Bison Village? Yes. No land in the way.

You see, when you go from one skyway to another, there is always some large landmass that is hiding the other skyway from your view.

There are no large landmasses in Krokotopia, therefore nothing is hidden, therefore there is no other skyway in Krokotopia.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
Max DeGroot on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
"In another skyway..."

Let's examine what we have, shall we?

Can we see Flotsam from Jonah Town? No. Why? There's this big freaking island in the way.

Can we see Boot Hill from The Bison Village? Yes. No land in the way.

You see, when you go from one skyway to another, there is always some large landmass that is hiding the other skyway from your view.

There are no large landmasses in Krokotopia, therefore nothing is hidden, therefore there is no other skyway in Krokotopia.
I have to agree with Max, to be honest. Part of it could be that I hate Krokotopia. I mean, ancient Egyptian culture is interesting and all, but it's not really there. Not to mention KT's boring and chopped up storyline and extensive travelling.
But I disagree, too, because it's easy to tell most of the worlds in both games are happening at different times (save for Mooshu- that most likely happens around the same time.). So maybe we go to Krokotopia before the Wizard101 world, or perhaps after. What if more islands were discovered, or some cataclysmic event caused the islands to fall before our wizard came to the world?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Max DeGroot on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
"In another skyway..."

Let's examine what we have, shall we?

Can we see Flotsam from Jonah Town? No. Why? There's this big freaking island in the way.

Can we see Boot Hill from The Bison Village? Yes. No land in the way.

You see, when you go from one skyway to another, there is always some large landmass that is hiding the other skyway from your view.

There are no large landmasses in Krokotopia, therefore nothing is hidden, therefore there is no other skyway in Krokotopia.
Can you see Avernus from Dragonspire? No, and not because of large land masses, either. Sorry, Max your arguments just don't take into account that #1 Because P101 is new, there was NO REASON to show more in W101. and #2 most importantly, if the story line requires it, we'll be going, whether it makes sense to you or not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
#1 Flotsam is in a separate skyway. It's no wonder you can't see it, it has nothing to do with a large island.
#2 Boothill is in the same skyway, of course you can see it from Bison Village.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
704
Prior to our return to Valencia for an adventure to do something.Our pirate(s) must go through a new world,there are four contenders witch world might be.More details below,how one of these potential world might play a role as our pirate(s) finishes or in some case finished Aquila.

Krokotopia- An ancient Egyptian themed world, one of the most commonly mentioned next world.It's role play is to decode the rosetta stone, and something else to do.It's a big world,so there might be some zones that our wizard(s) might have missed during theire quests.That might give our pirate(s) an opportunity to discover these undiscovered zones.

Girzzlehiem- A Norse themed world, another world mentioned in the intro screen.This is a though world to live in,the role is to obtain a map piece from Erica the red.Another large world who knows what our pirate(s) will discover there.

Polaris-A Russian themed world,a mentioned world during the Catbeard puppet show and a pillar in Valencia.It's role is something got to do with the penguin guy,to win a war.This is a though world and very big. It might have some of the toughest dungeons the spiral ever seen.

Darkmoor-A world that is mentioned in the game many times,it's role is unknown.What storyline this world have in store for our pirate(s) ?

In summary, our pirate(s) may have to travel one or more of these world commonly mentioned before a "welcome back visit " to Valencia.

I personally like to travel either Girzzlehiem or Darkmoor before a " welcome back visit " to Valencia.

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
73
Max DeGroot on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
"In another skyway..."

Let's examine what we have, shall we?

Can we see Flotsam from Jonah Town? No. Why? There's this big freaking island in the way.

Can we see Boot Hill from The Bison Village? Yes. No land in the way.

You see, when you go from one skyway to another, there is always some large landmass that is hiding the other skyway from your view.

There are no large landmasses in Krokotopia, therefore nothing is hidden, therefore there is no other skyway in Krokotopia.
I am going to laugh so hard when Krokotopia comes out. Mainly because of you.

Commodore
May 30, 2010
862
Max DeGroot on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
But where would it be? We saw every last square inch of Krokotopia! All of it! There was nothing hidden! Look all around in P101, you see no islands out in the distance. Nothing. Where would the pirates go?
No, we saw what the developers of W101 needed us to see. There's a whole great huge world out there IRL that I will never see, but I still know that China and Russia and Latvia exist, even though I can't see any of those places from where I live.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
148
Max DeGroot on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
"In another skyway..."

Let's examine what we have, shall we?

Can we see Flotsam from Jonah Town? No. Why? There's this big freaking island in the way.

Can we see Boot Hill from The Bison Village? Yes. No land in the way.

You see, when you go from one skyway to another, there is always some large landmass that is hiding the other skyway from your view.

There are no large landmasses in Krokotopia, therefore nothing is hidden, therefore there is no other skyway in Krokotopia.
Although your post does kind of make a point Kingsisle could do whatever they want into making another skyway in Krokotopia. It does not matter if you can see another island from an island, I mean in my other post I said we didn't even explore the Jade Palace was that true? Yes. Which might mean we will go to Mooshu in the future as there is quite visibly another skyway there that can be entered from Hamamitsu and Subata skyway.

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
73
Two more things I just thought of: If we've seen all of Krokotopia, then where is the port of Rosetta, where the Rosetta stone originated from? Also, Krokotopia is one of the possible homeworlds for pirates, so I'd like to think that we'd go there eventually.

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
480
Ninja Phoenix123 on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
Although your post does kind of make a point Kingsisle could do whatever they want into making another skyway in Krokotopia. It does not matter if you can see another island from an island, I mean in my other post I said we didn't even explore the Jade Palace was that true? Yes. Which might mean we will go to Mooshu in the future as there is quite visibly another skyway there that can be entered from Hamamitsu and Subata skyway.
Okay, let me use KI reasoning then:

Marleybone, and Mooshu are all clearly mentioned and characters encountered before one finally goes to either one.

Grizzleheim and Krokotopia are only mentioned in the origins, and in Bestia (except for the guardians of the teleportals). You encounter no characters from either world anywhere else. Monquistans you encounter first in Skull Island. Valencians in Monquista (not counting the Armada). Cool Ranch, you encounter Mustang Sally in Flotsam. Mooshu, your first companion is from there. Marleybone, you encounter in many places, including Port Royale. The only ones you don't encounter before you go (at least, until recently), were Aquilans, however, Aquila, Marleybone, Polaris, and Valencia are all mentioned in Valencia.

And where is Grizzleheim or Krokotopia ever mentioned outside of the origin and Bestia? Nowhere.

This is why I say, no, you won't ever encounter them in Pirate101.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
I'm just tired of arguing this point with you, Max. We'll see who's right, when Krok and Griz show up. I'm not saying it'll be in the up coming Chapter 15, but eventually I feel we WILL be going there.
Still, you have ignored my repeated question - why are you so against the idea of going to these worlds?

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
73
Max DeGroot on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
Okay, let me use KI reasoning then:

Marleybone, and Mooshu are all clearly mentioned and characters encountered before one finally goes to either one.

Grizzleheim and Krokotopia are only mentioned in the origins, and in Bestia (except for the guardians of the teleportals). You encounter no characters from either world anywhere else. Monquistans you encounter first in Skull Island. Valencians in Monquista (not counting the Armada). Cool Ranch, you encounter Mustang Sally in Flotsam. Mooshu, your first companion is from there. Marleybone, you encounter in many places, including Port Royale. The only ones you don't encounter before you go (at least, until recently), were Aquilans, however, Aquila, Marleybone, Polaris, and Valencia are all mentioned in Valencia.

And where is Grizzleheim or Krokotopia ever mentioned outside of the origin and Bestia? Nowhere.

This is why I say, no, you won't ever encounter them in Pirate101.
Ehmm... What about when Ulysses talks about the Rosetta stone, from the port of Rosetta in Krokotopia? What about Erica the Red, who is clearly a bear?

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
480
ordeith on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
Ehmm... What about when Ulysses talks about the Rosetta stone, from the port of Rosetta in Krokotopia? What about Erica the Red, who is clearly a bear?
Have not met either one, yet. Capped at 65 in Aquila, and don't want to lose the experience points.

The Rosetta stone? Oh, come on. That's historial and is clearly there to advance the plot for the deciphering of Marco Pollo's map, not to introduce Krokotopia, especially where there is so much evidence AGAINST the appearance of Krokotopia.

And where do you encounter Erica the Red?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Max DeGroot on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
Have not met either one, yet. Capped at 65 in Aquila, and don't want to lose the experience points.

The Rosetta stone? Oh, come on. That's historial and is clearly there to advance the plot for the deciphering of Marco Pollo's map, not to introduce Krokotopia, especially where there is so much evidence AGAINST the appearance of Krokotopia.

And where do you encounter Erica the Red?
Excuse me, but there's NO evidence against the appearance of Krokotopia! And wait! You're arguing this WITHOUT finishing the quest line? What nerve, to argue about what you're ignorant of!
Erica the Red, ( a bear ) a member of Marco Pollo's crew, where have you been hiding, not to know this?

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
148
Max DeGroot on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
But where would it be? We saw every last square inch of Krokotopia! All of it! There was nothing hidden! Look all around in P101, you see no islands out in the distance. Nothing. Where would the pirates go?
We have definitely not seen 'Every square inch of Krokatopia'. Let's examine Krok shall we? Krokatopia is made up of three islands, The sun pyramid, The Krokosphinx and The temple of storms. Krokatopia is quite a small place don't you think? Like anecorbie said "Why are you sooooo against this idea?"

1