Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Lost Tourist

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I read about a man who got very lost in Iceland, TWICE, by following a misinformed GPS. He became famous there, for it. I thought that would be a great kind of character to add as side quest for a badge, The Lost Tourist. Oh, what if we were told to follow the quest arrow, and it said we were going one place, but actually took us somewhere else, or we didn't know where we were going and had to follow it to several places?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
I read about a man who got very lost in Iceland, TWICE, by following a misinformed GPS. He became famous there, for it. I thought that would be a great kind of character to add as side quest for a badge, The Lost Tourist. Oh, what if we were told to follow the quest arrow, and it said we were going one place, but actually took us somewhere else, or we didn't know where we were going and had to follow it to several places?
I like the part about the lost tourist, but making the quest arrow give us wrong directions? Wouldn't that destroy any trust in the games mechanics?
What if the quest arrow was negated for that quest, as it is for Zeke's quests? Then we have to ask to ask NPCs for directions & they give us wrong answers?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Its like that scene In "Cars" I don't need directions to find the interstate I GOT THE GPS!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Apr 23, 2017 wrote:
Its like that scene In "Cars" I don't need directions to find the interstate I GOT THE GPS!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Speaking of getting lost I swear I ran into you the other day at Avery's court and you looked just like me . You ran off somewhere on your red buck steed and I got lost trying to follow you whilst I celebrated at finally finding a twin that looked like me, but got sad that I could find you. Well anyways fair sailing pirates-

-Silver Dino Hawkins, a level 70 buckler who wears Kane's masks, generals armatura (Rooke's robe), a red revenger mask from the crown shop and some nice shoes (just to confirm it's you Dante), and who also gets called Kane and evil and the scum of the spiral at times , and amazing at other times .

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
I like the part about the lost tourist, but making the quest arrow give us wrong directions? Wouldn't that destroy any trust in the games mechanics?
What if the quest arrow was negated for that quest, as it is for Zeke's quests? Then we have to ask to ask NPCs for directions & they give us wrong answers?
You have a point about the trusting the game mechanics. I agree with you. How about the arrow would lead you exactly where you need to go for the quest, working perfectly? It would be the quest dialogue that would say something else. Quest name: follow the arrow A NPC would say something like "I think you need to get the sushi at Zhu Ro's teahouse" If you don't use the arrow and go to Zu Ro's, you find someone who says, "I think you are lost, no sushi here.". If you follow the arrow, it takes to to Sujimura teahouse, which is where you actually need to go. That way, those who just follow arrows will be fine, and those who think they know where to go will be lost. Cool Ranch might be a good place for something like that with it's stagecoach tempting people to take a shortcut. If it was a multi part quest some of it could also be like you said, with no quest arrow usable, maybe for the last stage. Someone suggested some crew with a Hope and Crosby, "Road to (Morroco, etc.) theme. If that happened, this would make an interesting portion of promotion quests.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
"Wouldn't that destroy any trust in the games mechanics?"

Yeah, how often have you taken a wrong path because the quest arrow pointed that way, then, suddenly turned around and pointed a different way?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
"Wouldn't that destroy any trust in the games mechanics?"

Yeah, how often have you taken a wrong path because the quest arrow pointed that way, then, suddenly turned around and pointed a different way?
Not often in P101, but in W101, especially in dungeons, that arrow is a troll!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Golden Guardian on Apr 23, 2017 wrote:
Speaking of getting lost I swear I ran into you the other day at Avery's court and you looked just like me . You ran off somewhere on your red buck steed and I got lost trying to follow you whilst I celebrated at finally finding a twin that looked like me, but got sad that I could find you. Well anyways fair sailing pirates-

-Silver Dino Hawkins, a level 70 buckler who wears Kane's masks, generals armatura (Rooke's robe), a red revenger mask from the crown shop and some nice shoes (just to confirm it's you Dante), and who also gets called Kane and evil and the scum of the spiral at times , and amazing at other times .
Legendary!

I call Kane a heartless wretch! But mostly I poke fun at Bishop.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey