Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Lighthouse World...What Is It?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
A funny thing happened on our way to Cool Ranch. By just looking left when you go through the stormgate to Cool Ranch, there is a world icon that is, from what I know, never mentioned before. It's a Lighthouse that sits upon a rocky base covered by a blue sphere. But this world pique's my interest. What is this world? What are KI's intentions with it and why just leave hanging out in the open? Will it be mentioned or has it already been mentioned? Will it appear soon or later or ever? Personally, I just want to know at least the name of the world (you can actually find a lot about a world just from a simple name). What do you think?

I want to sort of run through all the possible mentioned worlds (from both Wizard101 and Pirate101), and find out what given world fits best.

Right off the bat, you can eliminate Polaris and Darkmoor as their world icons have already been disclosed to the public eye. You can see them quite often in the Spiral.

While already released, one could confuse this world with Marleybone. MooShu's world icon was changed from the original Wizard101 version, so it is possible. But this is a Lighthouse not a Clock Tower, and we actually go to the world and have seen Marelybone's world icon else world, so that's out too.

Rajah is a strong possibility as the Lighthouse could actually be a Misque (I think that's how you spell it), which is a sacred Muslim temple. But the Tigers of Rajah are Indian inspired, thus making Rajah Indian inspired as well. When you think of India, you think bright colors, lush plants, and lively cultures. This world icon is almost burren to that perspective. Plus the most popular religion in India is Hinduism, and I don't think the misque is present in that religion, so Rajah possibly isn't.

Mirage is another contender, but as mysterious and vague as this Arabian Nights world is, the world icon is simply more nautical themed rather than a desert, which is believed to be Mirage's primary geographic theme. This does not comply with that. Mirage is said to have few plants, but rocky spaces isn't exactly the idea. Also, lighthouses aren't something you see in Arabian styles, but I could be wrong.

What about El Dorado? As awesome as that would be, when I asked Blind Mew about the worlds design, he said he was going to remain tight-lipped on El Dorado's style and that the El Dorado Puppet Show will have to do for now. El Dorado's world icon is more of a gold pyramid. A lighthouse doesn't quite fit the boot. Plus why would KI give the surprise of El Dorado this early in the game?

There have been some speech over a new Revolutionary world. I could see the Lighthouse world being that world, but we probably won't see it for a while. But a colonial American world (or a Canadian world), would be lovely to see.

A theme that doesn't appear too often in the player's mind is a Nantucket inspired world. Could the lighthouse be such a place?

Captain
May 02, 2009
As all great mysteries say, "You'll find out soon enough..."

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2012
Since I see the old cat hasn't replied to this yet I shall do it for him.

But that would be telling...

Bosun
May 06, 2009
CaptainJack74011 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Since I see the old cat hasn't replied to this yet I shall do it for him.

But that would be telling...
Haha! Funny...

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
That would, indeed, be telling....but I have no idea what it is either so....

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
A funny thing happened on our way to Cool Ranch. By just looking left when you go through the stormgate to Cool Ranch, there is a world icon that is, from what I know, never mentioned before. It's a Lighthouse that sits upon a rocky base covered by a blue sphere. But this world pique's my interest. What is this world? What are KI's intentions with it and why just leave hanging out in the open? Will it be mentioned or has it already been mentioned? Will it appear soon or later or ever? Personally, I just want to know at least the name of the world (you can actually find a lot about a world just from a simple name). What do you think?

I want to sort of run through all the possible mentioned worlds (from both Wizard101 and Pirate101), and find out what given world fits best.

Right off the bat, you can eliminate Polaris and Darkmoor as their world icons have already been disclosed to the public eye. You can see them quite often in the Spiral.

While already released, one could confuse this world with Marleybone. MooShu's world icon was changed from the original Wizard101 version, so it is possible. But this is a Lighthouse not a Clock Tower, and we actually go to the world and have seen Marelybone's world icon else world, so that's out too.

Rajah is a strong possibility as the Lighthouse could actually be a Misque (I think that's how you spell it), which is a sacred Muslim temple. But the Tigers of Rajah are Indian inspired, thus making Rajah Indian inspired as well. When you think of India, you think bright colors, lush plants, and lively cultures. This world icon is almost burren to that perspective. Plus the most popular religion in India is Hinduism, and I don't think the misque is present in that religion, so Rajah possibly isn't.

Mirage is another contender, but as mysterious and vague as this Arabian Nights world is, the world icon is simply more nautical themed rather than a desert, which is believed to be Mirage's primary geographic theme. This does not comply with that. Mirage is said to have few plants, but rocky spaces isn't exactly the idea. Also, lighthouses aren't something you see in Arabian styles, but I could be wrong.

What about El Dorado? As awesome as that would be, when I asked Blind Mew about the worlds design, he said he was going to remain tight-lipped on El Dorado's style and that the El Dorado Puppet Show will have to do for now. El Dorado's world icon is more of a gold pyramid. A lighthouse doesn't quite fit the boot. Plus why would KI give the surprise of El Dorado this early in the game?

There have been some speech over a new Revolutionary world. I could see the Lighthouse world being that world, but we probably won't see it for a while. But a colonial American world (or a Canadian world), would be lovely to see.

A theme that doesn't appear too often in the player's mind is a Nantucket inspired world. Could the lighthouse be such a place?
I think that it could be mirage or rajah because I think that they are both in the lighthouse .very creative ideas see you in the spiral