Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Clothing Gear updater idea.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
The idea is kind of like crafting in Wizard101. Now I know I just can't be the only one who has that special clothing that they always want to wear because it looks great but eventually need more than what it offers. So my idea is to have a machine in home that, with ingredients, it will upgrade the status of the clothing. So like the English Bill gear, it looks great and has True Grit with 22 resistance and 6 will; after upgrading the clothing it would now be True Grit level 2, resistance of 35 and 12 will.

What are your thoughts.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
I think this is a great idea, and should be put in Wizard too. I think that if the outfit comes with a card, like Gunnery, it would be upgraded to the next level, like Artillery.

George Gordon, lvl 31

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Aren't you guys describing just what stitching does? Get a stronger item and stitch it to the look of the outfit you are attached to?

Ensign
Oct 19, 2010
I was thinking the exact same thing as you, so I must admit it is a great idea.

Silver Wolf Level 65
Naut. Level 65
Proud Horn of Vesuvius owner.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Aren't you guys describing just what stitching does? Get a stronger item and stitch it to the look of the outfit you are attached to?
yea but what if you like the card trait the outfit comes with but you wished it could be a little stronger for when you out grown (or level) the items. you can't expect to find another item that gives true grit in higher levels

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
winter goddess on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
yea but what if you like the card trait the outfit comes with but you wished it could be a little stronger for when you out grown (or level) the items. you can't expect to find another item that gives true grit in higher levels
Oh I understand the problem. My buccaneer has the same issue with the only item that they can get (that I have found) that will give them valor's armor is from a level 25 cloak, but it is more that worth it so that it is avail for use with Reckless Frenzy. Yea to have it stronger is nice but some perks just come with a price or overpowering would then be a problem. To make a choice for a certain boost has a cost in another area to keep things balanced. If you were perfect in everything, it would be too boring and if the ones you fought against had the same abilities it would not be fun. We rejoice in the weaknesses we find in our enemies, how fair is it for us to have none?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
Oh I understand the problem. My buccaneer has the same issue with the only item that they can get (that I have found) that will give them valor's armor is from a level 25 cloak, but it is more that worth it so that it is avail for use with Reckless Frenzy. Yea to have it stronger is nice but some perks just come with a price or overpowering would then be a problem. To make a choice for a certain boost has a cost in another area to keep things balanced. If you were perfect in everything, it would be too boring and if the ones you fought against had the same abilities it would not be fun. We rejoice in the weaknesses we find in our enemies, how fair is it for us to have none?
Hey Chrissy

Had a question about the name of the cloak you are talking about and if you happen to remember where you may have gotten it. I checked out wiki and at the time the only gear I could find listed with valor's armor for s was level 15+ mighty warrior robes. I would love to at least be able to upgrade to the cloak as I too am frantically searching for higher level gear with that power. Right now I just use my 3 or 4 shielding powers before I use reckless frenzy. It would be nice to have valor's armor to add to the repertoire.

Any help with this would be so greatly appreciated. In the meantime I will check wiki again and search through the central forum threads for help with this.

Thanks a bunch

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
Hey Chrissy

Had a question about the name of the cloak you are talking about and if you happen to remember where you may have gotten it. I checked out wiki and at the time the only gear I could find listed with valor's armor for s was level 15+ mighty warrior robes. I would love to at least be able to upgrade to the cloak as I too am frantically searching for higher level gear with that power. Right now I just use my 3 or 4 shielding powers before I use reckless frenzy. It would be nice to have valor's armor to add to the repertoire.

Any help with this would be so greatly appreciated. In the meantime I will check wiki again and search through the central forum threads for help with this.

Thanks a bunch
Sorry but nope that is the only one I have found that a buccaneer can use. It was pretty rare for me, took me three days of farming The Midnight Bandit to get it too. You have to board his ship and do the deck battle to get it. I got all kinds of other gear for my other little pirates as I farmed plus I got 2 Golden Stingtail and an Armadillo pet out of it so all in all, if you don't mind spending the time it worked out rather well. Oh, and of course I kept from being bored by getting some cool screenshots .

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Sorry but nope that is the only one I have found that a buccaneer can use. It was pretty rare for me, took me three days of farming The Midnight Bandit to get it too. You have to board his ship and do the deck battle to get it. I got all kinds of other gear for my other little pirates as I farmed plus I got 2 Golden Stingtail and an Armadillo pet out of it so all in all, if you don't mind spending the time it worked out rather well. Oh, and of course I kept from being bored by getting some cool screenshots .
Ok thanks a lot. I kind of figured that the Midnight Bandit was the only one who offered it up to buccs. He was on my list to farm anyway. Plus I don't have the armadillo pet that I so long for- haven't been to lucky with pet droppings so far.

Are you sure you got some screenshots from there as well? I just couldn't imagine that in the least bit!

Anyway, off to Cool Ranch to seek out the Midnight Special I suppose. All hands on deck

Thanks again for the info

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Ok thanks a lot. I kind of figured that the Midnight Bandit was the only one who offered it up to buccs. He was on my list to farm anyway. Plus I don't have the armadillo pet that I so long for- haven't been to lucky with pet droppings so far.

Are you sure you got some screenshots from there as well? I just couldn't imagine that in the least bit!

Anyway, off to Cool Ranch to seek out the Midnight Special I suppose. All hands on deck

Thanks again for the info
LOL "Haven't been lucky with pet droppings"? Um.....You might want to wash your hands after that. x giggles x

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
LOL "Haven't been lucky with pet droppings"? Um.....You might want to wash your hands after that. x giggles x
Oh believe me, all my crew does these days is swab the decks- thanks imperial lion! Shameful for a buccaneer to be carrying around Hykssoss' Falchion in one hand and..........hand sanitizer in the other- simply shameful.