Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Annoying Online Buying Process

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Every now and again I get a new Gift card and I like to buy online crowns for Wizard101 or Pirate101.

And for quite a while I have had issues trying to buy crowns online on either Wizard101 or Pirate101 with the gift card or, in some cases, a debt card. It seems that after I place in all the correct information, the site says there is some kind of a transaction error that I can never see what is. I try over and over, changing whatever I can, but it will still say the same thing. It will take me much longer to purchase what I'd like than it really should be (which should only take 2-3 minutes tops). Currently, it's really annoying.

While it is possible to just go out and get a game card, it's not as possible for everyone to just get up and go out. They're are moveability problems or that slow traffic. Plus the deals offered for online crowns and membership are not offered for game cards (such as the 25-50% bonus they are currently having or their 20% discounts).

I am not sure if any one else is having any other issues, but it's been a problem for me and my family.

I suggest a 'Save Changes' button be added to the sites card information box. I think that will reassure that the purchase is not still using old card information that is not needed.

I hope to see some changes around this area in the future to insure a quick and simple buying process.

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 16 Swashbuckler

Administrator
Hi! I talked with our web gurus a bit today and they noted that gift cards usually (not always) require that you call a toll-free number, or visit a web site to enable the card for Internet purchases. The purpose of this is to record your address, so that when the merchant attempts to validate your address, it matches what the card has stored for you. If you just buy the card at the store, and never activate it for Internet usage, they will not give a proper response code for your address, so the merchant will need to reject the card.

The "last resort" for all purchasing issues should be to contact the card issuer and see if they have any explanation for rejection or failures. Often times, they can see the attempts and therefore provide the cardholder with explicit instructions on what to correct in order to get the purchase approved.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
May 06, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
Hi! I talked with our web gurus a bit today and they noted that gift cards usually (not always) require that you call a toll-free number, or visit a web site to enable the card for Internet purchases. The purpose of this is to record your address, so that when the merchant attempts to validate your address, it matches what the card has stored for you. If you just buy the card at the store, and never activate it for Internet usage, they will not give a proper response code for your address, so the merchant will need to reject the card.

The "last resort" for all purchasing issues should be to contact the card issuer and see if they have any explanation for rejection or failures. Often times, they can see the attempts and therefore provide the cardholder with explicit instructions on what to correct in order to get the purchase approved.
Ok, thank you!
About a day after I had the problem, I found out I need to register my card online like how you said. That definately fixed the problem I was having (and maybe future problems) and I made it just in time to buy what i wanted from the bonus sale (Yay!).

So again, thank you, and I believe this will fix any more issues I have concerning giftcard purchases and uses.

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler