Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

That Life Fountain in Valley of the Titans...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1782
Can I just say how much I dislike that particular life fountain? Every time I enter Valley of the Titans I forget about that second Life Fountain -- I think I'm heading back to Sujimura Village when I go to click the Life Fountain icon, and my finger clicks as my eyes read and I mentally scream NOOOOOOO!!

Then I have to RUN all the way back to the entrance to Sujimura Village. Isn't there a better way? Couldn't there be teleport stones within Valley of the Titans, rather than a Life Fountain? It's the only one that majorly ruins questing for me, and I do it on every pirate.


Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
163
LOL! I know exactly what you mean it is so annoying.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9386
Willowydream on Nov 6, 2016 wrote:
Can I just say how much I dislike that particular life fountain? Every time I enter Valley of the Titans I forget about that second Life Fountain -- I think I'm heading back to Sujimura Village when I go to click the Life Fountain icon, and my finger clicks as my eyes read and I mentally scream NOOOOOOO!!

Then I have to RUN all the way back to the entrance to Sujimura Village. Isn't there a better way? Couldn't there be teleport stones within Valley of the Titans, rather than a Life Fountain? It's the only one that majorly ruins questing for me, and I do it on every pirate.

It was put there because of the Stormzilla encounter; before it was there, if you were defeated, you were transported back to Sujimura and then you had the long journey back to where you needed to be!
If you're aware that there are two life fountains, why do you keep forgetting this?
The minute you enter Valley of the Titans, you get that musical cue and notation that you've been bounded.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
162
Ha... tell me about it. Truthfully, I didn't think the Life Fountain there was really that necessary. I think warp stones would do just nicely.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9386
So, if we get port stones, why ever use our ships? And if this instance "needs" port stones, what about everywhere else?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1782
anecorbie on Nov 7, 2016 wrote:
It was put there because of the Stormzilla encounter; before it was there, if you were defeated, you were transported back to Sujimura and then you had the long journey back to where you needed to be!
If you're aware that there are two life fountains, why do you keep forgetting this?
The minute you enter Valley of the Titans, you get that musical cue and notation that you've been bounded.
When 900 years you reach, remember everything you will not!

I understand why it's there- I do - but the problem is simply reversed -- it's a long trek either way you go. I think that teleport stones or some other method of shortcut would be more appropriate here is all

.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9386
Willowydream on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
When 900 years you reach, remember everything you will not!

I understand why it's there- I do - but the problem is simply reversed -- it's a long trek either way you go. I think that teleport stones or some other method of shortcut would be more appropriate here is all

.
I have forgotten also, ( a few times ) but the music cue and notification " You have bonded with the Life Fountain in this area." reminds me, it is then very simple to just return to Sujimura, leave a mark, then re-enter the Valley of the Titans.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1782
anecorbie on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
I have forgotten also, ( a few times ) but the music cue and notification " You have bonded with the Life Fountain in this area." reminds me, it is then very simple to just return to Sujimura, leave a mark, then re-enter the Valley of the Titans.
True - that could work... and I'm really glad that you don't see it as a problem at all, but -- I didn't do that, or I wasn't paying attention to the musical cue and notification as I was intent on finding which way I needed to go, or someone here at home distracted me, or I was typing on a message board, etc., and maybe I didn't want to waste a mark that I had saved to go back quickly to somewhere else. Maybe I logged out after battling a couple of enemies and forgot where exactly I was.

I don't mean to turn this into a snippy back-and-forth, but I believe it's a fairly common complaint with a valid suggestion, and more easily addressed than the constant requests to do away with Bed Rest.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9386
Willowydream on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
True - that could work... and I'm really glad that you don't see it as a problem at all, but -- I didn't do that, or I wasn't paying attention to the musical cue and notification as I was intent on finding which way I needed to go, or someone here at home distracted me, or I was typing on a message board, etc., and maybe I didn't want to waste a mark that I had saved to go back quickly to somewhere else. Maybe I logged out after battling a couple of enemies and forgot where exactly I was.

I don't mean to turn this into a snippy back-and-forth, but I believe it's a fairly common complaint with a valid suggestion, and more easily addressed than the constant requests to do away with Bed Rest.

True enough Willowydream, and you're usually on the side of those who wish to pursue a more leisurely pace. Now on the question of port stones - are they really necessary? Only Sujimura & Yagisawa seem to have a large territory, but when you compare them to any area in W101's MooShu, they shrink in comparison.
You're not being snippy ( and I hope I wasn't ).
P.S. Sujimura actually has 3 life fountains; there's one on ( Miyami? ) dock. It's the one opposite from Kaizuko Jima.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1782
anecorbie on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
True enough Willowydream, and you're usually on the side of those who wish to pursue a more leisurely pace. Now on the question of port stones - are they really necessary? Only Sujimura & Yagisawa seem to have a large territory, but when you compare them to any area in W101's MooShu, they shrink in comparison.
You're not being snippy ( and I hope I wasn't ).
P.S. Sujimura actually has 3 life fountains; there's one on ( Miyami? ) dock. It's the one opposite from Kaizuko Jima.
I think that the Valley of the Titans is just a unique area, and having Life Fountains at the docks is THE predominant location throughout the game. Yagizawa and Sujimura are the exceptions to the rule. I could also argue for teleport stones in Achaea, for those who want to battle the Hydra without packing a picnic lunch for halfway up the mountain.

I am usually on the side of a leisurely pace to the game, but for some reason, porting to the wrong end of things is just a LOT less fun that having to sail a skyway. I can sail using the windlane, but my mount has no autopilot...


Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
Willowydream on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
When 900 years you reach, remember everything you will not!

I understand why it's there- I do - but the problem is simply reversed -- it's a long trek either way you go. I think that teleport stones or some other method of shortcut would be more appropriate here is all

.
Oh Yoda you know so much!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
anecorbie on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
True enough Willowydream, and you're usually on the side of those who wish to pursue a more leisurely pace. Now on the question of port stones - are they really necessary? Only Sujimura & Yagisawa seem to have a large territory, but when you compare them to any area in W101's MooShu, they shrink in comparison.
You're not being snippy ( and I hope I wasn't ).
P.S. Sujimura actually has 3 life fountains; there's one on ( Miyami? ) dock. It's the one opposite from Kaizuko Jima.
You? Snippy?...................Never!........actually......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey