Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

telporters,houses and mounts

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 03, 2009
there really needs to be telporters all this running around and the fact that you cant buy mounts with gold makes it time consuming running back and forth even though it would take for ever to save enough gold to buy one also why cant you buy houses with gold but then who wants an empty house there are no house drops so i guess having a house is useless. its a nice game but it is way way more complicated and really stacked against the players there are no points given for battles so it takes for ever to level and the xp points and gold given out for quest make me wonder if i really want to do them like fight a boss and get 15 xp points and 10 gold or collect 8-12 items and get 25xp points no gold i think i like the graphics but wizard is much more fair to players.

Community Leader
kaylona on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
there really needs to be telporters all this running around and the fact that you cant buy mounts with gold makes it time consuming running back and forth even though it would take for ever to save enough gold to buy one also why cant you buy houses with gold but then who wants an empty house there are no house drops so i guess having a house is useless. its a nice game but it is way way more complicated and really stacked against the players there are no points given for battles so it takes for ever to level and the xp points and gold given out for quest make me wonder if i really want to do them like fight a boss and get 15 xp points and 10 gold or collect 8-12 items and get 25xp points no gold i think i like the graphics but wizard is much more fair to players.
Hmmm

I agree it would be nice to have some "gold" mounts available.

Most if not all the houses, and housing items in the crown shop CAN be purchased for gold.
I did so last night.

Those side quests dont need to be done, but are often advantageous in moving forward, and definately plays a role in obtaining badges, which have more "function" in pirates than in wizards. Badges can effect availability of items in the crown shop for one example.

Once I learned how to navigate a bit, and to use the life fountains, and the "return trip" button, getting around Pirates can be a challenge, but not a problem.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
If you continue more into the game you get more gold and xp, I passed three levels in a hour from questing and Cool Ranch and got 4560 (estimation) gold from doing just a few quests.People who wait get what they want and I waited patiently and played the game calmly and got what I wanted which is to get better ship.

Cass Underwood L21

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
You compare to Wizard 101, but they didn't get mounts for a long time...just wait, everything over in Wizard 101 didn't happen day one, or even year one.

Note: I do have a mount but don't use it, it is tough to ride in many sections of the play area.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
I don't think mounts are as necessary in Pirate 101 as in Wizard 101. Most of the long distances are covered by ship, and we are able to buy those for gold, and they are rather reasonable. I agree that the houses are expensive. They must be because they are crown type houses. Maybe some more basic houses will be available for gold eventually. I know the developers are still working on games moves, weapons, etc. Meantime I will be saving up gold for a house. I do worry about the gold limit though, since apparently if I do save up enough, I will be at the game limit and will then have zero gold for a while. But that will just be a good reason to farm and get some awesome loot as well. I don't know if I'll even want a mount. Too early for me to decide.