Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Teen Pirate Companion

1
AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
71
Hey All,

Wouldn't it be awesome if we got a companion later in the game that was a human pirate such as yourself? I mean you know, like the henchmen in W101 - except a companion!

They could be a relative or acquaintance - the possibilities are vast.

I personally would love that - and it could be either a guy or girl - I personally would get a girl XD.

And different schools may get a different type. It could conform to the patter in which we get our Firstmates.

Ie: A Witchdoctor would get a swashbuckler and he/she would have a Crit+3, Assassins Strike, and Walk In The Shadows.

Now that, would be just plain cool...

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
396
Cool idea dude.
Here's an idea below.

Arthur Silverwing (Because he's the son of a wizard)
He's a bucaneer that can do some mojo stuff but mainly bucaneer stuff like Mighty strike, Brutal strike, and Vicious strike.
He's your cousin, mom's side of the family and he has a very high IQ but extremely strong.
He can kick butt like no tomorrow.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
What a wonderful idea . I love how your brain works.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
68
It would be cool if you got a wizard companion, they'd all be witch-doctors in this game probably except maybe life wizard they might be privateers with long range attacks.

E.g.
Buccaneers would get a Ice Wizard and a Moon Wizard
Swashbucklers would get a Storm Wizard and a Star Wizard
Musketeers would get a Fire Wizard and a Sun Wizard
Witch-doctors would get a Death Wizard and a Myth Wizard
Privateers would get a Life Wizard and a Balance Wizard

I know you can't start off as a celestial wizard but thought it would be cool plus you can't give Privateers 3 new companions at once (Privateers normally get more companions then the other classes) so i thought they'd be spread out.

Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 50 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
67
It could got like so Gets gets gets gets gets But indeed a great idea

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
396
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
What a wonderful idea . I love how your brain works.
Thank you dude... thank you.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
110
I heartily approve of this concept. What if they sold a 'blank' teen companion in the crown store, male and female options...you could design appearance/class/outfit just like in the character creation process, even pick the name. I'd totally buy it...at least one for each of my pirates...probably more than one, actually...hear that KI?

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
71
More Stuff XD

I have an Idea - The story could be as follows:

This pirate could be one of the many pirates looking for Eldorado too. He/She had a lead and thought they might try to gain some ground in finding the treasure; seeing that they knew a thing or 2 about your parents. However, they had failed and gotten caught by the dastardly armada and locked away deep in their tightest dungeons (After all, they remembered what happened to Deacon the last time a pirate of that sort came waltzing in XD.) And you could hear about this from a randomer in Marleybone and decided to try to save them. (judging Marleybone is the next world). For saving them, they join your crew and decided to help you look instead.

Judging on how the expansion goes, they could come up at lvl 56 or 60. It could be a very tough side quest (so it doesnt interfere with the main story) that gives 2500xp - 2000gold 4 companions Training Points and "Its A Surprise"

It would be so cool to have a pirate such as yourself with actual voice acting. (The voice acting in Pirate101 I must say, is outstanding! With notable voices being One-Eyed-Jack, Ratbeard, El Toro, Bonnie, Scratch, Kobe, and a few others with nice voice acting.)

And who knows, they could even get a promotion one day!

THIS would be too cool...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
Xiriganism on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
More Stuff XD

I have an Idea - The story could be as follows:

This pirate could be one of the many pirates looking for Eldorado too. He/She had a lead and thought they might try to gain some ground in finding the treasure; seeing that they knew a thing or 2 about your parents. However, they had failed and gotten caught by the dastardly armada and locked away deep in their tightest dungeons (After all, they remembered what happened to Deacon the last time a pirate of that sort came waltzing in XD.) And you could hear about this from a randomer in Marleybone and decided to try to save them. (judging Marleybone is the next world). For saving them, they join your crew and decided to help you look instead.

Judging on how the expansion goes, they could come up at lvl 56 or 60. It could be a very tough side quest (so it doesnt interfere with the main story) that gives 2500xp - 2000gold 4 companions Training Points and "Its A Surprise"

It would be so cool to have a pirate such as yourself with actual voice acting. (The voice acting in Pirate101 I must say, is outstanding! With notable voices being One-Eyed-Jack, Ratbeard, El Toro, Bonnie, Scratch, Kobe, and a few others with nice voice acting.)

And who knows, they could even get a promotion one day!

THIS would be too cool...
Arr arr. I totally echo the complements for the voice acting and the writing that makes that possible. Is there an 'Oscar' type award for voice work? If so can the unwashed masses vote for them? I want encourage in any way possible the outstanding quality you folk at Kings Isle put out for us. You make the world a much more fun, beautiful and giggly place.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
362
yeh and the pirate could have totally exclusive cloths and weapons and hear styles lol

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
I'm not a teen -- I'm an adult; parent of 2 teenagers, actually (one just got there), and I do like the idea of a teen companion. After all, we play a teenaged character as our pirate, which is an age I love to do in games and to write about -- it's a very dynamic and flexible age, full of both wisdom and ignorance, mature behavior and pouting sulks. Also, historically, children - both teens and preteens - were aboard ships, not only as cabin boys but also as midshipmen. It is of course lovely in this game world that those children can be both boys and girls... though, as many others have said, I would like to see a few more girls (although I appreciate all my companions, and as a late companion we all get a charming girl, Shiruko Neko). I think One-eyed Jack (or maybe it was Blind Mew) said somewhere that KI was considering adding young companions to our crew in the future, which would be nice for our youthful characters to pal around with, whatever species the companion might be!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Administrator
Backing up this thread a bit. Feel free to post about the topic at hand, but refrain from asking people to reveal their true ages. Also, keep the debate friendly and definitely without personal attacks.

*Be excellent to each other*


*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
I think it would be awesome to recruit a human companion. Not all of them should be animals/creatures.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Community Leader
I think its a good idea as an optional companion.

Please do not force such a concept on all players though.

The game is marvelously written to cross all barriers.
KI has quite a successful formula over the years, no need to mess that formula up.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Dr Zeppers on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
I think its a good idea as an optional companion.

Please do not force such a concept on all players though.

The game is marvelously written to cross all barriers.
KI has quite a successful formula over the years, no need to mess that formula up.
Very True! :)

It was refreshing in my opinion to see other humans even if they were in ghost form (in dragonspyre on wizard101) after seeing all the previous world animal/creature NPC.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
362
Dr Zeppers on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
I think its a good idea as an optional companion.

Please do not force such a concept on all players though.

The game is marvelously written to cross all barriers.
KI has quite a successful formula over the years, no need to mess that formula up.
it would be a SIDE quest, no one HAS to get them

Community Leader
Speed Switch on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
it would be a SIDE quest, no one HAS to get them
The problem here, if you havent noticed, is that to get "badges" in this game you have to complete all side quests. This pretty much makes side quests somewhat mandatory to complete the game.

I think they should offer something like this as a crown companion.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
362
Dr Zeppers on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
The problem here, if you havent noticed, is that to get "badges" in this game you have to complete all side quests. This pretty much makes side quests somewhat mandatory to complete the game.

I think they should offer something like this as a crown companion.
and i have a simple solution,

bench them

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
362
Dr Zeppers on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
The problem here, if you havent noticed, is that to get "badges" in this game you have to complete all side quests. This pretty much makes side quests somewhat mandatory to complete the game.

I think they should offer something like this as a crown companion.
remember, you were one saying companions shouldnt be benched on the second page right? or was it Fateskin, or both of you,

Community Leader
Speed Switch on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
and i have a simple solution,

bench them
I suppose I could, but then again from my perspective a simpler solution would be.

Buy the companion you want in the crown shop! ;)

Its all good, not trying to put an "idea" down. But its an "idea" that seems to focus on a particular interest group, not the family as a whole.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
71
Speed Switch on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
and i have a simple solution,

bench them
Lol - I cant disagree

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
362
Dr Zeppers on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
I suppose I could, but then again from my perspective a simpler solution would be.

Buy the companion you want in the crown shop! ;)

Its all good, not trying to put an "idea" down. But its an "idea" that seems to focus on a particular interest group, not the family as a whole.
why is that simpler for the players? first of all, if they are in the crow shop you cant promote them for real, just buy it, second, you have to pay money for crowns

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
362
This original message has been removed.
dang why you gotta be like that? if you dont want a "teen" companion, then dont get them! or bench them, if you dont like the idea the you can keep you 2 negative sense to your self PLEASE

SURE! i dont think anyone would mind having an adult companion (seeing that there are already so many, such as subodai and sarah -_- ) but your not asking for an adult human only because you want one, but more because we want a companion like the player....

Community Leader
Speed Switch on May 3, 2013 wrote:
why is that simpler for the players? first of all, if they are in the crow shop you cant promote them for real, just buy it, second, you have to pay money for crowns
Its simpler from the standpoint that it lets people play the game the way they want, and not force a specific interest groups concept (a teen companion) on all players.

The game doesnt focus on any particular interest group, its a family game.

They would be better off offering everyone a human companion of their choice (varied ages to help ANY player identify with the game), and not force a "teen" upon all players.

Because such a concept is good for some, doesnt make it good for all.

Think BIG PICTURE, not focus groups....

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
KI's formula already crosses gender, and age barriers.
Why focus on a particular interest group only (ie Teens)?

I think they need to stick to non-human characters.

Creating characters that cater only to a select age group is how customers get separated into cliques, and the next thing you know everyones argueing.

Making a character a crown character simplifies things allowing those that want the companion to purchase him, and those that do not want them, to not have them.

I dont think its simpler to give the "teens" what they want and just force everyone else to deal with it.
Thats a poor approach IMO.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
1