Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Team Up Etiquette Suggestions for High Levels

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I've been thinking of these as I have tested out the new Team Up Ledger from both sides of the fence. With the newness of the feature, and so many pirates just trying to eke out a badge, lower levels are getting overwhelmed with high level help they may not expect:

1. Acknowledge the pirate who initiated the Team Up. Remember your manners and say "Hi" or something, don't just rush into the battle.

2. Take a minute to discuss strategy if you can. Not everyone wants to get through the battle as fast as possible. In a dungeon like Miranda, if they are doing it for the first time, don't rush off and hit quest goals that they can't follow as quickly. If the high level is zipping about in a hurry, always taking the first place in the battle -- which gives the lower-level player fewer companion options -- the lower player doesn't get much to do at all, and may feel unwanted and more like an annoyance than someone who just wanted a little help.

3. Open the chests. Even if you are at max gold and don't want the "trash" -- that lower level pirate probably does need it.

4. Wait for the player to thank you before you leave. It's only polite (see number 1 above)

If anyone else has something to contribute here, please do so.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 8, 2017 wrote:
I've been thinking of these as I have tested out the new Team Up Ledger from both sides of the fence. With the newness of the feature, and so many pirates just trying to eke out a badge, lower levels are getting overwhelmed with high level help they may not expect:

1. Acknowledge the pirate who initiated the Team Up. Remember your manners and say "Hi" or something, don't just rush into the battle.

2. Take a minute to discuss strategy if you can. Not everyone wants to get through the battle as fast as possible. In a dungeon like Miranda, if they are doing it for the first time, don't rush off and hit quest goals that they can't follow as quickly. If the high level is zipping about in a hurry, always taking the first place in the battle -- which gives the lower-level player fewer companion options -- the lower player doesn't get much to do at all, and may feel unwanted and more like an annoyance than someone who just wanted a little help.

3. Open the chests. Even if you are at max gold and don't want the "trash" -- that lower level pirate probably does need it.

4. Wait for the player to thank you before you leave. It's only polite (see number 1 above)

If anyone else has something to contribute here, please do so.
Wonderful post, Willowydream!
From my experience in team up ledger, I agree that some pirates need to polish up their manners, lower levels and max both.
For Menu Chat Pirates
1. If the pirate you're helping is menu chat, greet them, if you're in battle; under battle chat/happy, you'll find "Hail".
2. If they thank you, also under battle/happy you'll find "Yer Welcome".
General advice
1. Let them set the pace for the dungeon.
2. Some want to hear the dialogue, let them go through it.
3. Some will want you to go first & some will want to take the lead - ask them how they want to go, this shows that you respect them as players.
4. If you know that there's a training tome in the dungeon, tell them about it ( I did the City Drains & the other max level didn't know there was a tome ).
If you ask for & get help from a Max level - thank them!
This is a wonderful opportunity to ask for advice, if they don't chose to answer your questions just let it go & don't get mad.
I have given advice in team-up when asked.
But please don't volunteer advice to a lower level, this may come off as arrogant.
Remember that you were once a low level "nooby" & how it felt to be treated like "trash".
This will make their experience a good one, it'll also make it good for you, when you realize that you made a difference in another person's day!