Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Surprised and Pleased

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 08, 2011
I am an adult Wizard 101 fan, so I wanted to try Pirate 101 as soon as it came out. Only problem was...I never cared for Pirates -- not even a little bit and I never played strategy games before, so at first I thought -- ummmm...I don't think this is for me. But then, I don't know how, but I got hooked on Pirate 101. I absolutely love it. And I am laughing my head off as I play -- I love the tongue in cheek cultural and literary references that would probably sail over the heads of the youngsters. (There is so many of them, I am sure some are flying over my head, too), And all the puns... it is hilarious. (I just hit Cool Ranch and all the food puns make me so hungry when I play...)

The scenery is stunning. Really good. I stop and just look around and try to soak it all in. A lot of effort and detail went into this and I want to appreciate it! And the music score is high quality -- that is really important to me. I avoid games with cheap music.

Well done, devs. Surprisingly pleased with this game!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
DaniJH on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
I am an adult Wizard 101 fan, so I wanted to try Pirate 101 as soon as it came out. Only problem was...I never cared for Pirates -- not even a little bit and I never played strategy games before, so at first I thought -- ummmm...I don't think this is for me. But then, I don't know how, but I got hooked on Pirate 101. I absolutely love it. And I am laughing my head off as I play -- I love the tongue in cheek cultural and literary references that would probably sail over the heads of the youngsters. (There is so many of them, I am sure some are flying over my head, too), And all the puns... it is hilarious. (I just hit Cool Ranch and all the food puns make me so hungry when I play...)

The scenery is stunning. Really good. I stop and just look around and try to soak it all in. A lot of effort and detail went into this and I want to appreciate it! And the music score is high quality -- that is really important to me. I avoid games with cheap music.

Well done, devs. Surprisingly pleased with this game!
I seen a guy that was based off the McCoy family and one based on Clint Eastwood.

Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
I second Dani's sentiments!

I downloaded this fully expecting about 5-10 days of diversion, and then an uninstall. Boy howdy, was I surprised!

The game-play feels fresh and different, but familiar enough that my 6 year old can help me out. All of the hundreds and hundreds of Easter Eggs are appreciated, as is the humor and thoughtfulness crammed into most of the dialogue.

While not wrapped in the most up to date package, in terms of graphics, the animations are absolutely fantastic. Fantastic!

There are flaws, to be sure, but KI seems to be on top of things, as far as wielding the Polish Buffer goes.

All in all, a great game, and a welcome surprise. So Kudos!

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Agreed, I love this game. Watching my companions fight feels like me watching my characters fight in Legend of Legaia.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2011
it's totally an awesome game! :D

p.s.
the only thing that bugs me is when I start playing and it's all slow.