Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggested Ability

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Very often, in battle, you have to choose between ensuring that one enemy is eliminated from the fight or attempting to take out two.

The problem with ensuring that one is eliminated is that often the attacks of one or more of your companions gets lost, when the enemy is eliminated after only a single attack.

On the other hand, if you split up your attacks, neither enemy may be eliminated.

I often find myself trying to have Bonnie attack an enemy alone to take advantage of her Bonus Attack. This often fails when her attack is either blocked or is insufficient to take out the enemy.

It would be kind of neat to have a "Secondary Target" epic ability, which would cause the companion to select an adjacent or in range enemy to attack at random when the original target gets eliminated before their attack.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Max DeGroot on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
Very often, in battle, you have to choose between ensuring that one enemy is eliminated from the fight or attempting to take out two.

The problem with ensuring that one is eliminated is that often the attacks of one or more of your companions gets lost, when the enemy is eliminated after only a single attack.

On the other hand, if you split up your attacks, neither enemy may be eliminated.

I often find myself trying to have Bonnie attack an enemy alone to take advantage of her Bonus Attack. This often fails when her attack is either blocked or is insufficient to take out the enemy.

It would be kind of neat to have a "Secondary Target" epic ability, which would cause the companion to select an adjacent or in range enemy to attack at random when the original target gets eliminated before their attack.
then you need to think of 3 different names for it. melee, gun/arrow, mojo

Community Leader
Sneaky George Quar... on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
then you need to think of 3 different names for it. melee, gun/arrow, mojo
Redirection, Secondary Objective, Premonition. I really like this idea. That could be a powerful epic to have!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
most of the stuff like this on the forums I, personally, find completely ridiculous. this actually makes sense. I completely support it ! also, you know how there are opposite epics for lots of things? like cheap shot and repel boarders, relentless and bladestorm, first strike and vengeance strike? I wonder if there is a practical oppisate to redirection. like, if your enemy eliminates one of your companions (or you), then another adjacent member of your team hits the one that kills them. that's a bit hard to understand, and might not work, but hey, just throwing out the idea. it could be called Avenge Fallen for melee, Vengeance Shot for ranged, and Mojo Revenge for magic. feel free to elaborate on this idea, or tell me that it's extremely awesome, or tell me that it's terrible.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Charles the Healer on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
most of the stuff like this on the forums I, personally, find completely ridiculous. this actually makes sense. I completely support it ! also, you know how there are opposite epics for lots of things? like cheap shot and repel boarders, relentless and bladestorm, first strike and vengeance strike? I wonder if there is a practical oppisate to redirection. like, if your enemy eliminates one of your companions (or you), then another adjacent member of your team hits the one that kills them. that's a bit hard to understand, and might not work, but hey, just throwing out the idea. it could be called Avenge Fallen for melee, Vengeance Shot for ranged, and Mojo Revenge for magic. feel free to elaborate on this idea, or tell me that it's extremely awesome, or tell me that it's terrible.
Ooooh.... I like this idea. You could call it "Retaliation"/"Retribution"/"Karma"

Ensign
Jan 14, 2010
i would like to see the ability to mark spot and port to options added like those in Wizard 101