Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spring Time Companions

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Every spring we get spring time pets. Well what about companions? Personally, I would like to have a Rabbit like One Eyed Jack or Harvey Deuce on my crew. I see them as being either a musketeer or swashbuckler, since rabbits are agile, dodgy, and...
Finn Dorsal- " Delicious"
Bonnie Anne- " Aye, I think I have my Ganny's recipe for rabbit stew somewhere."
Me- "No, absolutely not! We DON'T EAT CREW MEMBERS!"
Anyway, what kind of spring time companions would you like to have?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
I will enjoy to see a Easter egg with feet companion. and give him a promo quest on a certain lvl where he hatches into some kind of Easter chicken companion. it will be nice for him to have spring colors on his clothing as well

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ooh, nice idea and thread topic Esperanza!

Hmmm, let me ponder.......ooh, ooh, I got one! How about a Swashbucklin', Woolly Sheep named................. Ali Ba-a-a Ba-a-a. He could be a Kung Fu kickin', knife hurlin', wolf in sheep's clothing type of terror-- a wooly b-a-a-a-d combination for any of the Spiral's enemies to face.

I see him with a signature move called Lamb Chops, in which Ali does a Prance of Steel type maneuver with lots of hooves and wool flying every which way. Maybe a power called Grazing Blow and/or Woolly Bully. There could be a quest called "Open Says-a-me" or "Armadian Knights", in which you infiltrate a secret Armada camp and herd Ali Ba-a-a Ba-a-a onto your crew-- after saving him from an Armada-hired, misfit band of 40 thieving Grizzleheim Wolves.

Ooh, and how about a promotion quest called "Dances With Hooves" to learn the Lamb Chops maneuver from a female, Swashbucklin' Bison Elder named Squats With Shears.

Although a bit sheepish at first, Ali Ba-a-a Ba-a-a gladly accepts your offer out of shear joy from being shaved....er, I mean saved! He then becomes a force on your crew to be reckoned with, all while looking so cute and cuddly!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:

Hmmm, let me ponder.......ooh, ooh, I got one! How about a Swashbucklin', Woolly Sheep named................. Ali Ba-a-a Ba-a-a. He could be a Kung Fu kickin', knife hurlin', wolf in sheep's clothing type of terror-- a wooly b-a-a-a-d combination for any of the Spiral's enemies to face.

I see him with a signature move called Lamb Chops, in which Ali does a Prance of Steel type maneuver with lots of hooves and wool flying every which way. Maybe a power called Grazing Blow and/or Woolly Bully. There could be a quest called "Open Says-a-me" or "Armadian Knights", in which you infiltrate a secret Armada camp and herd Ali Ba-a-a Ba-a-a onto your crew-- after saving him from an Armada-hired, misfit band of 40 thieving Grizzleheim Wolves.

Ooh, and how about a promotion quest called "Dances With Hooves" to learn the Lamb Chops maneuver from a female, Swashbucklin' Bison Elder named Squats With Shears.

Although a bit sheepish at first, Ali Ba-a-a Ba-a-a gladly accepts your offer out of shear joy from being shaved....er, I mean saved! He then becomes a force on your crew to be reckoned with, all while looking so cute and cuddly!
*Wipes tears from laughing so hard.* Oh my GOODNESS Valkoor, I don't think I have laughed at mutton so hard today. Thank you once again for me being able to count my flock of giggles as I try to drift of to sleep. *Baaaaaahahahahaahahah*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:

Ugh, Valkoor, your jokes are getting pun-gent!
However, I love, love, love everyone's suggestions for spring time companions

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
*Wipes tears from laughing so hard.* Oh my GOODNESS Valkoor, I don't think I have laughed at mutton so hard today. Thank you once again for me being able to count my flock of giggles as I try to drift of to sleep. *Baaaaaahahahahaahahah*
So, Chrissy, let me get this straight-- I've made you spit ice coffee at your computer screen, made tears fall from your eyes and put you to sleep.....wow, some friend I am!

Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed it. And you know, all goofy humor aside, I think that it could really work in the game and make a decent and funny quest line and companion that would fit right in with the many zany puns, literary references, easter eggs and humor already found in the game.

And I somehow feel that a Swashbucklin', MooShu sheep companion may be just what my crew needs!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
Ugh, Valkoor, your jokes are getting pun-gent!
However, I love, love, love everyone's suggestions for spring time companions
Oh, sorry Esperanza, amidst all those preposterous puns, I was actually being kind of serious there.

Well, as serious as the boatload of preposterous and goofy puns, easter eggs, pop culture and literary references already spread throughout the Spiral. I'll see about working on a more fitting, less attempted-humor driven Spring Time companion.....ooh, that's gonna be a tough one!

"Pun-gent"! Hah-- love it!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Why did Ali Ba-a-a Ba-a-a eat Captain Gunn's Gold?

Because he thought it was 18 Carrot!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
Oh, sorry Esperanza, amidst all those preposterous puns, I was actually being kind of serious there.

Well, as serious as the boatload of preposterous and goofy puns, easter eggs, pop culture and literary references already spread throughout the Spiral. I'll see about working on a more fitting, less attempted-humor driven Spring Time companion.....ooh, that's gonna be a tough one!

"Pun-gent"! Hah-- love it!
I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like your puns or your companion idea, Valkoor. I would adore having a wooly sheep; so innocent and harmless looking, suddenly erupting into a flurry of furry fury!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:
I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like your puns or your companion idea, Valkoor. I would adore having a wooly sheep; so innocent and harmless looking, suddenly erupting into a flurry of furry fury!
Oh, no worries Esperanza- I was just messing with you, you know, being my usual goofy self! I just know how much you love to hate my puns.....or is it hate to love my puns.....or maybe hate pun love.....er, um, perhaps love pun hate?!?!?

Either way, I do think that a sheep companion would be amazing! We have the other MooShu livestock/farm animals represented as companion- Beef, Pork and Chevon.....why not Mutton! I mean we have several cow/bull and pig companions, a goat companion, but no sheep companion......and there's plenty of sheep that we interact with in MooShu! I think it's about time that those cute and cuddly critters were represented in the Spiral......as stealthy, damage dealing, tail-whoopin' companions.

Since Ali Ba-a-a Ba-a-a doesn't seem too MooShu-ish, how about this more MooShu sounding name for the possible sheep companion....

....Wu Li?