Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spring Season Ranked PvP is a bust other than Spring Havoc Mount

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
It would be nice to actually want to play ranked PvP to get decent items. The weapon vendor offers hats at the moment, and the hats would be instantly sold for gold, or trashed, the instant I found them if they were normal drops. My friends went into the PvP area to check out this season's items, and everyone simply said that there is nothing we want, guess we won't be playing ranked PvP this season.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Mar 20, 2021 wrote:
It would be nice to actually want to play ranked PvP to get decent items. The weapon vendor offers hats at the moment, and the hats would be instantly sold for gold, or trashed, the instant I found them if they were normal drops. My friends went into the PvP area to check out this season's items, and everyone simply said that there is nothing we want, guess we won't be playing ranked PvP this season.
Well, since they don't like the rewards, then they won't be boosting, (not the way I would have chosen to stop them....)

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2021 wrote:
Well, since they don't like the rewards, then they won't be boosting, (not the way I would have chosen to stop them....)
Not sure if my reply sent as I ran into a pause and no sent message was received.

Anyways, no need for anyone to boost if rated PvP were made reasonable. As it is a loss loses more points than a win wins, and its hard to get rated matches at low ranks, nevertheless higher levels. Make rated PvP free for all players over level 50 (lets face it, they paid to get up that high, so the game has already made money off of them). Reduce the amount lost in half. In Battle Royale matches, a player should lose the normal amount divided by the amount of players who were in the match, and a win should be so multiplied. Since most everyone who plays PvP in Pirate101 prefers 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 team play PvP team play needs to be added to rated matches. Additionally, if there is an odd number of players for team play, simply give the side that is short one extra companion each so that everyone gets in who wanted to play while keeping it balanced. Heck, I'd even play 2v4 if I were on the side of the 2 if my team got 2 extra companions each to balance it out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Mar 24, 2021 wrote:
Not sure if my reply sent as I ran into a pause and no sent message was received.

Anyways, no need for anyone to boost if rated PvP were made reasonable. As it is a loss loses more points than a win wins, and its hard to get rated matches at low ranks, nevertheless higher levels. Make rated PvP free for all players over level 50 (lets face it, they paid to get up that high, so the game has already made money off of them). Reduce the amount lost in half. In Battle Royale matches, a player should lose the normal amount divided by the amount of players who were in the match, and a win should be so multiplied. Since most everyone who plays PvP in Pirate101 prefers 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 team play PvP team play needs to be added to rated matches. Additionally, if there is an odd number of players for team play, simply give the side that is short one extra companion each so that everyone gets in who wanted to play while keeping it balanced. Heck, I'd even play 2v4 if I were on the side of the 2 if my team got 2 extra companions each to balance it out.
My comment was sarcasm. I don't believe that KI will (or should) make Ranked free no matter the level. KI doesn't make Ranked free in W101 and there are more players there who have surely spent more on that game than any pirate here.
Ranked PVP is possibly their biggest money maker.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Mar 25, 2021 wrote:
My comment was sarcasm. I don't believe that KI will (or should) make Ranked free no matter the level. KI doesn't make Ranked free in W101 and there are more players there who have surely spent more on that game than any pirate here.
Ranked PVP is possibly their biggest money maker.
You openly admit that KI makes more money off of PvP than about anything else, and yet Pirate101 gives little to no incentive or reason to play PvP. Wizards has nice PvP gear one works towards as well as other stuff, supports leader boards and tournaments, and has lots of PvP incentives. Pirates does not. Pirates PvP rewards bought from scrip are so bad that players who want to play ranked PvP don't cause we look at what we can get and none of it other than the mounts are worth even having if it were normal drops elsewhere. There are no leader boards. I'd love guilds to be added into the game, and wrote out a really good guild system thread on this bulletin board before, to which replies came in that it would make players feel superior and cause lots of verbal fighting. Players tend to love group PvP in Pirate101 and some would and do play it every day even though you can only play it not ranked. Do we get team ranked PvP, absolutely not!!! My only conclusion from all of this is if PvP is such a money maker, then KI must not like to make money as they seem to do everything possible to discourage and prevent anyone from playing it. Those who want to play ranked have trouble playing ranked as nobody else is playing ranked. Solution to that is to make ranked free to play, but no can't have that cause ranked PvP is a moneymaker. Then the solution to that is to offer items worth getting as PvP rewards, but no we can't have that. So perhaps we can have guilds, that way we could have fun without such rewards and without it being free to play, but no, we can't have that either cause then people might start feeling good and bragging about their accomplishments. Everything possible to tank ranked PvP other than the PvP play itself appears to be tanked and geared towards people not playing it, much like Pirate Regatta is geared towards giving players a nice ship based dungeon and then tanking it by not having ship equipment drops or any other drops worth getting and without providing even good gold nor good nautical. Way to go if the goal is to create fun stuff to play, and then poisoning it so that nobody wants to do it.