Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

SOS Distress icon for sailing in the skyways idea

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Hey guys!

I have an idea that will hopefully make it easier to get help when needed while fighting bosses or farming in the skyways. I reckon there should be an icon next to your ship HUD that you can only press when your health is at 50% or lower. When you click the icon, a predefined message pops up in the chat box to let anyone in that zone know that you need help to shoot down the enemy's ship or you're surrounded, etc.

I know that at the moment it's just as easy to type for help and type a location, and hopefully someone will hear you. However, when you press this button, an icon will also light up on every available player's map (like the quest icons) of your current location. This way they can quickly find you without having to scour the skyway.

The only issue I can think of that is a negative with this idea is the potential for spamming and trolling, so to help reduce that chance you can only activate the SOS once every half hour to hour.

One more idea popped in my head just now (related I swear!) If the coding is possible to do without being too much of a headache, pressing the icon activates a mini event/quest that lasts as long as the battle, and offers temporary bonus exp/nautical exp for those that make it to the battle in time.

Thanks for listening, and let me know what you think.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys!

I have an idea that will hopefully make it easier to get help when needed while fighting bosses or farming in the skyways. I reckon there should be an icon next to your ship HUD that you can only press when your health is at 50% or lower. When you click the icon, a predefined message pops up in the chat box to let anyone in that zone know that you need help to shoot down the enemy's ship or you're surrounded, etc.

I know that at the moment it's just as easy to type for help and type a location, and hopefully someone will hear you. However, when you press this button, an icon will also light up on every available player's map (like the quest icons) of your current location. This way they can quickly find you without having to scour the skyway.

The only issue I can think of that is a negative with this idea is the potential for spamming and trolling, so to help reduce that chance you can only activate the SOS once every half hour to hour.

One more idea popped in my head just now (related I swear!) If the coding is possible to do without being too much of a headache, pressing the icon activates a mini event/quest that lasts as long as the battle, and offers temporary bonus exp/nautical exp for those that make it to the battle in time.

Sounds like another thing I'll want to turn off, like the captain's chat cluttering the skyway.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2012
I'd like this because the Banditoads tend to gang up on you.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Hey guys!

This is a great idea and it will be great for nautical battles

It's just that it doesn't fit with the pirate theme, it's more something that we would use if we were a captain of the Royal Navy still amazing idea

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
SpellBinder Darius on Jun 6, 2016 wrote:
This is a great idea and it will be great for nautical battles

It's just that it doesn't fit with the pirate theme, it's more something that we would use if we were a captain of the Royal Navy still amazing idea
I have to agree... keeping in mind the true nature of pirates, most of them would sit around just out of range, waiting for the moment to swoop in and claim the spoils (and ships) from the weakened survivors... and then offer the able bodied among them the opportunity to join the crew.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2010
Hey guys!

The crossed swords over your ship when below 50% health is your SOS icon. Realistically, if another ship is not close enough to see that icon, then they're too far away to assist you in time.