Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Someone else's flag on docks before my ship

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Went to board my ship in Cool Ranch and there was an octopus flag on the docks before my boat. I ran around a bit looking for my flag and thought that my ship must of been the someone else's. Then I looked at the ship and saw my flag upon its sails. I then went to the octopus flag portal and went it, then I sailed off. What happened to my flag?

Administrator
Sounds strange! Do you happen to remember which docks you were at when this happened or have other players noticed switching flags and ship at a particular dock in Cool Ranch?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
This has happened to me in Cool Ranch - I think it was at Miranda Dock but not 100% sure. I too thought I had approached the wrong ship as the flag shown was striped background with the octopus emblem.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
I do remember see an octopus design flag, with yellow and black stripped background. I see it periodically when the graphics for my computer are playing a little bit of catch-up. I recently bought a new computer, so I have not seen it happen again.

I would see this happen at the Santo Pollo docks the most.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Just happened again, with an octopus flag at my boat at Fort McMurtry Docks and my boat was at the top left docking.

Ensign
Mar 15, 2011
This happened to me last night at Fort McMurtry, and again right now. It was a squid or octopus flag for me. This time I got a few screenshots. I'm not sure the proper way to post images on this forum though. I have them if needed!

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
I do remember see an octopus design flag, with yellow and black stripped background. I see it periodically when the graphics for my computer are playing a little bit of catch-up. I recently bought a new computer, so I have not seen it happen again.

I would see this happen at the Santo Pollo docks the most.
My computer is under a half year old, is built for gaming, has a gaming card, and should zip through any game.

Community Leader
I believe this is just a situation when the game gets confused, and this game gets confused a lot. Ship docking, and where the ships flag is presented being one of the many things that often get confused. For me it depends on how busy the docks are. The system im playing on seems to have little significance in the situation, as whether I play on my older slower pcs, or my new high end system, it happens the same, just doesnt happen as quickly on the older machines.. lol.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
I've done some research here, and it appears that the Octopus flag is the "default flag" that displays if your flag design didn't load up quickly enough. Usually this only happens if you've recently done a fresh installation of Pirate101 and then log in with an old character. This could happen however if your computer is busy performing some other operation at the same time Pirate101 is try to summon up your flag's logo design (This could be something like listening to music, using other programs simultaneously, etc.). After a number of failed tries to place your flag design where it should be, the game says . . . Sorry, can't find it right now, but the show must go on . . . and instead displays the Octopus flag.

If you can recreate this happening every single time in a certain instance, then there might be a bug. We'd definitely need more information at that point.

We're also going to take another look at this on our end, just to make sure something else isn't up.

Thanks!

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
I've done some research here, and it appears that the Octopus flag is the "default flag" that displays if your flag design didn't load up quickly enough. Usually this only happens if you've recently done a fresh installation of Pirate101 and then log in with an old character. This could happen however if your computer is busy performing some other operation at the same time Pirate101 is try to summon up your flag's logo design (This could be something like listening to music, using other programs simultaneously, etc.). After a number of failed tries to place your flag design where it should be, the game says . . . Sorry, can't find it right now, but the show must go on . . . and instead displays the Octopus flag.

If you can recreate this happening every single time in a certain instance, then there might be a bug. We'd definitely need more information at that point.

We're also going to take another look at this on our end, just to make sure something else isn't up.

Thanks!
Hey there, i opened an internet browser, played music and a video at the same time, and was able to see the squid. Not sure if this a bug or not, but it happened

Dead-Eye Luke- Level 50

Crafty Luke Xavier- Level 14

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:

Thanks!
Thanks, Jack

I figured that was the problem, that it was a default while graphics for the character flag was loading or slow to load, or because the game is busy.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
samething happened to me, i was at Fort Mcmurtry when it happened, but i may seen it somewhere else to, but i cant remember where.

Ensign
Feb 01, 2011
Ensign
Aug 12, 2011
This has happened to me on several occasions. It did it to me at scrimshaw and practically every port that I went to in Skull Island and Monquista for the longest time before finally it decided to load it up. The only thing I look for now is the glowing sigil on the docks and where my ship is located on the docks to board it or just use the board current ship button in the lower left when I am on the docks. Everywhere else my flag loaded up without an issue. I don't know what the deal may be but it is getting annoying.

Administrator
From what I've been told, any kind of heavy Internet use at the same time that you're playing Pirate101 may make this happen.