Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some QOL Requests

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Since the announcement that we won't be receiving a story-line update for the foreseeable future, I would like to make some quality of life ( QOL ) requests; and if you have something to add please post.
1. A way to at least display our hard-won boss weapons. This shouldn't be too hard to implement - all they need is a plaque. W101 has had this forever.
2. Music players and scrolls; while I enjoy the outdoor sounds of my houses, I would like some music playing inside, the silence gets a bit oppressive.
And, as always, I'm begging KI ( especially Ratbeard ) to bring CRAFTING to this game.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
anecorbie on Nov 3, 2019 wrote:
Since the announcement that we won't be receiving a story-line update for the foreseeable future, I would like to make some quality of life ( QOL ) requests; and if you have something to add please post.
1. A way to at least display our hard-won boss weapons. This shouldn't be too hard to implement - all they need is a plaque. W101 has had this forever.
2. Music players and scrolls; while I enjoy the outdoor sounds of my houses, I would like some music playing inside, the silence gets a bit oppressive.
And, as always, I'm begging KI ( especially Ratbeard ) to bring CRAFTING to this game.
And I 'yar' this!!!

I would love to add some plaques that say: Gortez or Captain Blood or Kane!

Silence in the house...not only that, you can hear some spooky windy drafts in the house and its just plain creepy/annoying when I hear the Train noise from my Christmas area. Music!!

What would we craft? Gear or housing items? BOTH (and more) As well as some ship gear...
Hmm, with the proper ingredients (Dark Jungle Wood, Storm Shark Teeth [ground into a fine powder] and some Valencian Silver) I could make a pistol! And then *rattles off a list of items to make such and such*

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
Crafting would bring so much to the table (pun not intended), specifically with the various weapon types. For example, I'm a level 70 Buccaneer, and I just got my first relentless and burst fire pet. I'm trying to get a shooty/slashy weapon, but I'm restricted to purely the Haywire Swashbuckler Set found in the Ashes of the Armada Gauntlet. That's just it for viable usage. I would LOVE for there to be a more easily accessible way to obtain these rarer weapon types and not be restricted to just one weapon that you can only use.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Nov 4, 2019 wrote:
And I 'yar' this!!!

I would love to add some plaques that say: Gortez or Captain Blood or Kane!

Silence in the house...not only that, you can hear some spooky windy drafts in the house and its just plain creepy/annoying when I hear the Train noise from my Christmas area. Music!!

What would we craft? Gear or housing items? BOTH (and more) As well as some ship gear...
Hmm, with the proper ingredients (Dark Jungle Wood, Storm Shark Teeth [ground into a fine powder] and some Valencian Silver) I could make a pistol! And then *rattles off a list of items to make such and such*
Besides gear, crafting in W101 includes: furniture, mounts, houses & spells. Imagine getting a recipe for that Barrage power that Deacon uses or maybe making a doppleganger like Monkey King?
Or crafting ships & ship's gear?
So many endless possibilities........

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
I love those ideas! One of my biggest requests is the Team-Up ledger and function. I find it incredibly annoying when every time I enter into a dungeon, there’s a screen that tells me whether to go in now or join up. I wish that once I got to a sigil, I could just press “X,” and I would go in after the countdown. If I need to join up with someone, there can be a little tab above the “Press ‘x’ to enter” box, kind of how it’s like in Wizard101. Also, I’m sick of players bailing out on me when I team up with them through the ledger on Skull Island. It has to be the last 5 seconds before we enter when they ditch me. I wish their name would disappear as soon as they decide to not team up instead of having me wait 2 minutes, just to be left in the last 5 seconds! I’m pretty sure this is a bug, but if not, then I guess people are just rude.

(How can I still post? I ended my membership more than a week ago!! )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheyMayBeBears on Nov 5, 2019 wrote:
I love those ideas! One of my biggest requests is the Team-Up ledger and function. I find it incredibly annoying when every time I enter into a dungeon, there’s a screen that tells me whether to go in now or join up. I wish that once I got to a sigil, I could just press “X,” and I would go in after the countdown. If I need to join up with someone, there can be a little tab above the “Press ‘x’ to enter” box, kind of how it’s like in Wizard101. Also, I’m sick of players bailing out on me when I team up with them through the ledger on Skull Island. It has to be the last 5 seconds before we enter when they ditch me. I wish their name would disappear as soon as they decide to not team up instead of having me wait 2 minutes, just to be left in the last 5 seconds! I’m pretty sure this is a bug, but if not, then I guess people are just rude.

Any time remaining on that membership? Or maybe you made a recent purchase of crowns? * Sigh * yet another lost membership? KI, how many more will it take until you wake up and rescue this game?

I prefer this method; in wizard, I sometimes forget that "x' will send me in a dungeon.

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
anecorbie on Nov 6, 2019 wrote:
Any time remaining on that membership? Or maybe you made a recent purchase of crowns? * Sigh * yet another lost membership? KI, how many more will it take until you wake up and rescue this game?

I prefer this method; in wizard, I sometimes forget that "x' will send me in a dungeon.
I have no idea. I'm coming up on two weeks now and I can still post... eh, fine by me. I don't mind keeping in touch with the community for a bit longer. I actually would've still played the game if real-life duties didn't keep me so preoccupied with my time. But I'm really starting to miss the game now. It's really hard for me to get so into a video game, and I think Pirate was the only one that kept my attention, even over Wizard. I mean, this is coming from someone who's spent more than 2/3 of their lives gaming. This isn't really the place to post my sob story, isn't it?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
TheyMayBeBears on Nov 5, 2019 wrote:

You ended your membership, but whatever you've already paid for will stay active until the next renewal date. So I could, say, buy a year-long membership, then cancel my membership the next day. I won't lose the access to member stuff until the end of the year (since KI is not going to give me back my money).

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Getting a bit off topic...

I have a trophy room in my house, and it's really cool--statues and runestones and torches...I would adore plaques of the bosses we defeated...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Nov 8, 2019 wrote:
Getting a bit off topic...

I have a trophy room in my house, and it's really cool--statues and runestones and torches...I would adore plaques of the bosses we defeated...
The plaques I referred to were to hold the weapons, not boss names. The weapon would let players know who you defeated ( unfortunately, Kane doesn't drop his weapon. )