Some promotions should give access to both games

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
13
Most people who currently play or try pirate101 prefer the game over wizard101 but the problem is that when pirate101 came out most players hated it and haven't been back. There should be promotions that give access to both games for $10 for a month so that all of the Wizard101 players will give Pirate101 another try. Pirate101 has revamped the play mechanics of Pirate101 several times over making it play way better than it once did. Given the option to play both pirates and wizards for a month for only $6 more is a joke, as few will do that. It would also likely be a wise game decision to make all of the skull island dungeons and skyways play for free as the longer people are allowed to play and level up their characters for free the more likely they are to pick up a membership to continue on. The current free part of pirate101 is currently too short in my opinion and likely is dropping game revenues a bit due to the shortness.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8544
spittingsea on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Most people who currently play or try pirate101 prefer the game over wizard101 but the problem is that when pirate101 came out most players hated it and haven't been back. There should be promotions that give access to both games for $10 for a month so that all of the Wizard101 players will give Pirate101 another try. Pirate101 has revamped the play mechanics of Pirate101 several times over making it play way better than it once did. Given the option to play both pirates and wizards for a month for only $6 more is a joke, as few will do that. It would also likely be a wise game decision to make all of the skull island dungeons and skyways play for free as the longer people are allowed to play and level up their characters for free the more likely they are to pick up a membership to continue on. The current free part of pirate101 is currently too short in my opinion and likely is dropping game revenues a bit due to the shortness.
Why do this? Don't you realize that this would cut into the profits KI gets from players buying 2 memberships or buying zones in both games? These game are already Free to Play: if Wizard players want to try it again, I don't think they deserve a free pass into this game, just as I don't deserve Free access to areas for my Wizard.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6208
Although a temporary free pass just might whet their whistle for some more of that piratical awesomeness.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8544
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
Although a temporary free pass just might whet their whistle for some more of that piratical awesomeness.
One day for free per account and no more!

Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
13
anecorbie on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
Why do this? Don't you realize that this would cut into the profits KI gets from players buying 2 memberships or buying zones in both games? These game are already Free to Play: if Wizard players want to try it again, I don't think they deserve a free pass into this game, just as I don't deserve Free access to areas for my Wizard.
Nope you don't understand the real mechanics of what I stated. Firstly the promotions that KI runs on a single game discounts down to around the same price to KI as giving access to both for $10 during a short run promotion. Most who have access to both games will actually be inclined to try both games, a lot of KI revenue is from cash shop purchases so when you have people playing both cash shop revenues and packages sales both increase. Its really shooting KI in its own foot not to do this type of promotion as the large crowd that first came to pirate101 originally largely hated the game for its incredibly slow and hard to play mechanics (the game has been streamlined many times since then), but those first in wizard101 players who hated pirates likely haven't ever been back. If you are playing wizard101 you likely aren't going to budget to play pirate101 at the same time regardless of the discount, and vice versa, so that is likely lost revenue to KI that they could have had in cash shop, bundles, and subsequent memberships. If you look at how many people buy packages and crowns you may understand this.