Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship to ship

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Ok I mentioned this before and will keep doing so. Good idea KI. If you board a ship or sink it you should be able to earn scrips. I really love boarding ships. I did it ,or I still do, with my witchdoctor. Takes longer doing quests but I enjoy boarding ships than just sinking them. That is why earning scrips would be great by boarding. Kind of like stitching items. You have an option. board or sink. Just like my other idea I have mentioned...stitching ships and equipment. We do it with everything else. Have a ship hand or ship mate...somebody at each doctor that can work on ships!! Anyway thanks for reading

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
You can get scrip by sinking ships, but not boarding. You should.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I disagree - Scrip is more difficult to get for a reason, but there are several ways to get it without adding what is basically just another mob battle that happens to take place on board a ship.

Personally, I like fighting ship-to-ship, and I think it's quicker and easier than boarding. I meet a lot of people who simply do not know how to efficiently battle ship-to-ship or keep their nautical level up near their Pirate's level so that they can buy the appropriate ship and equipment. Boarding prevents them from getting dropped ship equipment that would help them become better at it, so the whole boarding thing becomes self-defeating.

If you want to fight enemies for Scrip, there is PvP or the Smuggler's Arena.

Perhaps ship-to-ship battle basics would be a good KI Live discussion?

Ensign
Dec 21, 2012
Those cutthroat ships.... I hit them once and they fall.

BAD IDEA

Thank You!

Your friendly Eucalyptus Milk

Ensign
Dec 21, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
I disagree - Scrip is more difficult to get for a reason, but there are several ways to get it without adding what is basically just another mob battle that happens to take place on board a ship.

Personally, I like fighting ship-to-ship, and I think it's quicker and easier than boarding. I meet a lot of people who simply do not know how to efficiently battle ship-to-ship or keep their nautical level up near their Pirate's level so that they can buy the appropriate ship and equipment. Boarding prevents them from getting dropped ship equipment that would help them become better at it, so the whole boarding thing becomes self-defeating.

If you want to fight enemies for Scrip, there is PvP or the Smuggler's Arena.

Perhaps ship-to-ship battle basics would be a good KI Live discussion?
You can also do that ship to ship pirate mode you find at skull island. You find the quest later on but you should get scrip there. It is a world all of ships to defeat.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Even thought it's not the best idea, I still think it should be so

It's not like every time you board them you a re going to get Scrip anyway and I don't think people should have to change the way they play because one way gets you better rewards and the other way doesnt

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
Even thought it's not the best idea, I still think it should be so

It's not like every time you board them you a re going to get Scrip anyway and I don't think people should have to change the way they play because one way gets you better rewards and the other way doesnt
That's exactly how the game works, though -- if you don't play the game a certain way, you don't get the rewards. If you don't do side quests, you won't get those rewards. If you don't use companion tasking, you won't get those rewards... Scrip is the same thing.

If you don't sink the ship, you cannot get the Scrip.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Willowydream on Feb 17, 2016 wrote:
That's exactly how the game works, though -- if you don't play the game a certain way, you don't get the rewards. If you don't do side quests, you won't get those rewards. If you don't use companion tasking, you won't get those rewards... Scrip is the same thing.

If you don't sink the ship, you cannot get the Scrip.
Those are all optional and have their pros if you don't do them

If you don't do side quests you can advance quicker which some players prefer

If you don't send companions out in tasks you get to use them

In this case I feel like people are being forced to sink instead of board which seems a bit controlling

Ensign
Oct 31, 2012
I also agree that boarding g ships should earn you scrip because it I'd just as much work as sinking the ship.

Brave Remmy Fenner Musketeer Level 65

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 18, 2016 wrote:
Those are all optional and have their pros if you don't do them

If you don't do side quests you can advance quicker which some players prefer

If you don't send companions out in tasks you get to use them

In this case I feel like people are being forced to sink instead of board which seems a bit controlling
Apparently sinking ships is also optional and you are opting out of that activity -- the pro to you is that you can battle the mob on board the ship.

You aren't being forced to sink ships. You just won't get the rewards that only sinking ships can bring you -- ship equipment and Scrip.

It's not controlling, it is setting parameters.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Willowydream on Feb 18, 2016 wrote:
Apparently sinking ships is also optional and you are opting out of that activity -- the pro to you is that you can battle the mob on board the ship.

You aren't being forced to sink ships. You just won't get the rewards that only sinking ships can bring you -- ship equipment and Scrip.

It's not controlling, it is setting parameters.
Well I'll agree with you there

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Well everyone has an opinion no doubt...We are all right. but sorry....being a pirate....means boarding ships and earning scrips just as much as sinking them. Sinking a ship is not harder to do. anyone can sink a ship if you have a good ship. But boarding them should be an option...sorry. Like I said before it has taken me a long time to do some quests, but I enjoy boarding the enemies ships. You dont like to do that then you dont have to. It is about choice...it is a pirate game. Last time I remember that is what pirates do...sinking one ship after another...boring. Maybe once in a while is ok....for me. You want parameters....keep the gardening away from pirates....to me that would be a bad move.
Same thing...you like having different ships in your fleet....I prefer one. I know a lot of people like to stitch clothing and weapons. How your pirates look right??? Well I feel the same about ships. To each there own

Thanks everyone for voicing your opinions!!

Ishmael lvl 65 witchdoctor