Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship PVP

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 03, 2012
Does anyone else really want ship PVP? I think it would be a great add on to the game as we already have pet PVP, (Pet vs Pet) in both Wizard and Pirate101, and I think ship PVP could be a great new way for people to fight.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I feel that the ship combat system in general is not sophisticated enough yet to warrant a PvP setting. It feels like the same strategy for every single 1 on 1 fight for me in PvE. Use 4th power, use powers 1 and 2, heal when below 70% repeat until boarded (which only happens when there are multiple ships attacking me) or you can board, or if they are weak enough, just sink them. Also I believe that this could easily become a Pay to win senario.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Voodoo Cornelius on Apr 29, 2015 wrote:
I feel that the ship combat system in general is not sophisticated enough yet to warrant a PvP setting. It feels like the same strategy for every single 1 on 1 fight for me in PvE. Use 4th power, use powers 1 and 2, heal when below 70% repeat until boarded (which only happens when there are multiple ships attacking me) or you can board, or if they are weak enough, just sink them. Also I believe that this could easily become a Pay to win senario.
I agree with you Voodoo. Even if I were the PvP type, which currently I am not, it seems that at the present, and with the currently limited naval battle commands, ship battles (while extremely fun) do not possess enough strategy and tactical elements to transition to Ship PvP.

I don't 'pirate' PvP, but at least I certainly appreciate that there is a huge variety of gear, companions, pets, buffing, powers, battle standards, doubloon usage, minion placement and more, that can make that kind of PvP a fun and extremely strategic game. If the current ship combat were transitioned to Ship PvP, without any additions, at first thought it appears it would just seem like a watered down (without the water), rinse and repeat PvP experience, with very limited options and tactics. I think it would still be fun to join in with friends, but it wouldn't seem to produce a long-lived, grab your attention type of interest that would merit the developing team adding it to the Spiral.

But....I think and feel that if Ship PvP ever came to the Spiral, the developers would take that into account and look heavily into revamping and adding to the current Ship PvE combat or at least come up with a completely new system just for PvP purposes. I'm not sure if they would do that, but I certainly would think that adding more combat slots, powers from ship gear, ways to buff and de-buff, possible companion naval orders, use of more naval vessel attacks, possible battle standards in the form of flags, maybe summoning skyway creatures from doubloons and other strategic elements would have to be added to keep any Ship PvP afloat and to hold our interests.

And you do make a good point about the Pay-To-Win aspect as well.

Ensign
May 26, 2014
I think ship PVP would be an awesome addition!!! we already have pet PVP in p101&w101, player PVP in p101&w101, so why no ship PVP? the winner could get 10 script or something and it would be fun.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
SolarSailor on May 4, 2015 wrote:
I think ship PVP would be an awesome addition!!! we already have pet PVP in p101&w101, player PVP in p101&w101, so why no ship PVP? the winner could get 10 script or something and it would be fun.
No prizes for PvP. Just no. (Not to mention that that would be exploited out the wazoo).