Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship free aim mode idea

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
i find it neat that pirate101 simplified ship combat however that may be the problem, it would be neat if in options we as a player could remove auto snapping and allow us to free aim. This is for both canons and skills. We would older audience not use cartoon style skills. We would use actual skills like Mortars and cannons, and sharpemls... that would require some tweaking to ship combat system. We would need a aim bar and a few new buttons.

You have to realize adults don't like, pirate as it's to baby game. If you made this it would make the ship combat more skilled then a game with 4 button spamming. Would be cool to have a batter ram allowing you to ram the enemy ship.

See: pirate101 is about pirates and well in the pirate business the ship combat looses to many other pirate games. Which is why some players play free games rather then 16š a month whiteout it being much a difference. If game goes well on steam you want to Appel to all audiences not just kids.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
i find it neat that pirate101 simplified ship combat however that may be the problem, it would be neat if in options we as a player could remove auto snapping and allow us to free aim. This is for both canons and skills. We would older audience not use cartoon style skills. We would use actual skills like Mortars and cannons, and sharpemls... that would require some tweaking to ship combat system. We would need a aim bar and a few new buttons.

You have to realize adults don't like, pirate as it's to baby game. If you made this it would make the ship combat more skilled then a game with 4 button spamming. Would be cool to have a batter ram allowing you to ram the enemy ship.

See: pirate101 is about pirates and well in the pirate business the ship combat looses to many other pirate games. Which is why some players play free games rather then 16š a month whiteout it being much a difference. If game goes well on steam you want to Appel to all audiences not just kids.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Many adults like and play this game as is. It is not a "baby game."

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011

Unless you know how every adult feels about this game, I would suggest not speaking for every single one of them. Also, this game is supposed to appeal to those who enjoy strategy and rpg. This game was not made to be a game that is first-person-shooterish.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

This is hardly a "baby game"; I wonder why you would say this when many players complain about it's complexities. This game appeals to many adults or I wouldn't be playing it.
Fortunately ship combat is easy enough for those at the recommended age of 10 years to be able to be successful. Then there are older players who try different things like moving their ship to get the maximum damage from the ship's equipment ( most of those cards have ranges - they also have different "cool downs", so that if you're just drumming keys you won't be getting the best use from your equipment. ) Ramming ships ( for sinking ) was rarely used as a ship tactic beyond the Ancient World of Greece & Rome.
What other MMO's are pirate games, BTW?

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
Again notice i said as an option in settings. secondly: Most players who come from steam (if it works) come from a game world where kids are not aimed at. see most players from that world see pirate games as hardcore with real fighting, whe they see this hotkey cartoon baby icons it turns them away. since ship combat is not shown well at the start of game, most players say nah not worth ito pay for this game. if the game targeted and audiance in extras thayt was more adulty it would do better. note wizard101 only grew up when it embraced its adult audiance. it clear that wizards story is fatr more dark then it was before celestia when mostly kids played it.

There are many pirate games and mmos just do a simple search and u will see. Most people,play that because its free2) it has a real ship combat system.

bottom line, add good ship system and the players come o pirate as it has angreat story.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:
Again notice i said as an option in settings. secondly: Most players who come from steam (if it works) come from a game world where kids are not aimed at. see most players from that world see pirate games as hardcore with real fighting, whe they see this hotkey cartoon baby icons it turns them away. since ship combat is not shown well at the start of game, most players say nah not worth ito pay for this game. if the game targeted and audiance in extras thayt was more adulty it would do better. note wizard101 only grew up when it embraced its adult audiance. it clear that wizards story is fatr more dark then it was before celestia when mostly kids played it.

There are many pirate games and mmos just do a simple search and u will see. Most people,play that because its free2) it has a real ship combat system.

bottom line, add good ship system and the players come o pirate as it has angreat story.
It's obviously your perception that "most" players react as you do, and I'm not sure how old you are. As an OLDER player, though, I disagree that most adults are looking for violent, realistic combat.

Young adults who are looking for a first-person shooter aren't going to try Pirate101, that's true. Pirate101 doesn't necessarily need to change into something it's not in order to attract that sort of player, either, because they would then lose the core players who enjoy the existing game, warts and all.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:

From what I've read, you are jumping to conclusions and really just assuming what other gamers think about the Pirate101 is. I think to find the ideas that other players have about this game would be way more accurate coming from a poll if there were to be one. Also most of the stuff you say about wiz and pirate is mainly opinionated. This game is also supposed to be mainly strategy which includes the gear. The gear is what mainly makes the ship combat the way it is.