Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Flags Getting In The Way While Sailing

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Sometimes while sailing, my flag obstructs my view from unnoticed enemies, making myself sail right into combat without realizing. It doesn't happen often, but is very annoying. Zooming out helps, but more can be done. So why not make flags transparent while sailing? It would be so helpful, especially on my Aquilan ship which has a big flag set just in the right spot ruining my line of sight!

Does anyone else ever have this problem?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
EMC99 on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
Sometimes while sailing, my flag obstructs my view from unnoticed enemies, making myself sail right into combat without realizing. It doesn't happen often, but is very annoying. Zooming out helps, but more can be done. So why not make flags transparent while sailing? It would be so helpful, especially on my Aquilan ship which has a big flag set just in the right spot ruining my line of sight!

Does anyone else ever have this problem?
I have that problem ALL the time with my Haunted Galleon(idk what it's called honestly. It's the ship from Halloween). I have to change the camera or turn the ship to make sure I don't hit enemies. I want the option to make it transparent. There are moments when I feel epic with my sails and I want to see them.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
FireMorgan13 on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
I have that problem ALL the time with my Haunted Galleon(idk what it's called honestly. It's the ship from Halloween). I have to change the camera or turn the ship to make sure I don't hit enemies. I want the option to make it transparent. There are moments when I feel epic with my sails and I want to see them.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
I feel the same way sometimes when I am in a previous world, having the coolest ship around!I would have to agree with you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Right click on your mouse, hold and pull down; this will give you an over head view. A slightly more than 180 degrees view of where you are sailing.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
Right click on your mouse, hold and pull down; this will give you an over head view. A slightly more than 180 degrees view of where you are sailing.
Well, yeah, but it'd be kinda hard to hold my mouse for countless minutes! Do you not realize that? We'd all get finger cramps!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
EMC99 on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
Well, yeah, but it'd be kinda hard to hold my mouse for countless minutes! Do you not realize that? We'd all get finger cramps!
Once you have done this, you release the mouse, it will stay that way.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Thanks for the hint on the mouse.

I still wish they had a crow's nest view, where the camera sits atop your highest mast.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Max DeGroot on Apr 17, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the hint on the mouse.

I still wish they had a crow's nest view, where the camera sits atop your highest mast.
That is a great idea. Perhaps they could implement that.