Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Boarding

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Ship combat; the most awesome thing to do in the skyways. However, I don't think the boarding method is fair. So first of all, when you get boarded, you lose your turn and the enemy can do their turn. On the other hand, if you board the enemy, you can do your turn, alright, but they can still do their turn... If we can't move when they board us, then they shouldn't be able to move when we board them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KatherineDragonBla... on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
Ship combat; the most awesome thing to do in the skyways. However, I don't think the boarding method is fair. So first of all, when you get boarded, you lose your turn and the enemy can do their turn. On the other hand, if you board the enemy, you can do your turn, alright, but they can still do their turn... If we can't move when they board us, then they shouldn't be able to move when we board them.
No, when we are boarded we don't 'lose a turn', it's called initiative, they get the first move because they were prepared for boarding. Even in some battles in dungeons, we don't always go first.
Why are you complaining that the enemy gets a turn? If we can't engage in our turn; why should they wait for us?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
It's a turn based system - this is true for all hand-to-hand combat in Pirate101.

If you board their ship, you get your turn first and then they have their turn. If they board your ship, they get their turn first and then you have your turn.

Of course, by boarding or allowing yourself to be boarded means that you can't get any Ship Equipment or Scrip as part of the loot.

Good Luck.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I think your idea of ship boarding is mixed up because who boards who goes first simple enough? I mean come on really? Them going first is not a problem they can never reach you on the first try it brings them closer which helps you. Also when they board you they go then its your turn they don't skip you. You don't lose a turn you just don't go first, there is a difference. No offense but there is absolutely nothing wrong with ship boarding and idk why you posted this.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
KatherineDragonBla... on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
Umm. that would be the same scenario, but reversed. Also it is still "fair", in fact it is kind of unfair to the enemies that in every other scenario in the game, we get to go first. We are not "losing a turn", they are just going first. then you do your turn. Then they do their turn and it continues as regular.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Also if our guns damage them from the broadside combat and they start injured their guns should also injure us and we should start damaged too. Why are we immune?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey