Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Searching for quests

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 27, 2012
Since any NPC could potentially have a quest for us, after each level up we have to run around and make sure no one has side quests for us. In Wizard101 this wasn't a huge deal because there were only a few people who could have quests for us. However, in this game, just in Skull Island Skyway there are three areas, all that could have people with quests. In addition, once you go to another skyway there is no guarantee that there are no more side quests going to appear in an old skyway once you level up. I realize that some of the is unavoidable, but I have an idea.

What if, on our map, there was a little to mark where quests were. We'd still have to go to every area to check for the , but we wouldn't have to check in every store.

Speaking of maps, how come we don't have a map of an entire skyway, like we had a map of all of Wizard City in Wizard101? Then if we had that map, there could be an over islands that have quests for us.

Just an idea.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I think it is a great idea. It would make it easier to find the quests that KI has laid out for us to go on. At the moment, I'm never sure if I have completed all the quests that are in the area and I want to do them ALL! Har Har!

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
Yes.
Just yes.
I have been dieing to see something like this in Wizard101, and now that Pirate101 is out I just want it more.
As a completionist knowing I am missing quests is killing me.
ANYTHING that could help me find quests would make me celebrate.

~Merciless Cody Ashburn
~~Swashbuckler

Ensign
May 28, 2012
I agree with the above ideas to make finding new quests easier. Or they could make it so every time you level up there is a pop up showing which new quests are available and where to get them. Of course there would have to be a tab with "available quests" so you can check in case you forget.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2010
This made my heart skip a beat. I'm the type of player that wants to make sure I do all quests so the thought of missing a quest makes me so anxious.!! I love the idea on the maps! I can see it now: a over Flotsam. Then a comes across my face cause I know I have a quest to do there! Genius!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Cody RedFlame on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Yes.
Just yes.
I have been dieing to see something like this in Wizard101, and now that Pirate101 is out I just want it more.
As a completionist knowing I am missing quests is killing me.
ANYTHING that could help me find quests would make me celebrate.

~Merciless Cody Ashburn
~~Swashbuckler
What quests were you working on or finished for Chapter 3? Also, what quests are listed in your Quest Journal as being need to complete? As far as I know, I have completed everything up to Cool Ranch and am working on that now.

Community Leader
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
What quests were you working on or finished for Chapter 3? Also, what quests are listed in your Quest Journal as being need to complete? As far as I know, I have completed everything up to Cool Ranch and am working on that now.
There actually seems to be a bug or something with the "Finished all Chapter 3 Sidequests" badge we should be getting. Chapter 3 is documented as being the search for the gold monkey, on the Isle of doom.
I have a badge indicating I have finished all Chapter 2 sidequests, I have one that says I have finished all Isle of Doom quests. I also have one that says I have finished all quests in the area of the Ancient Tunnels (where the gold monkey quest primarily takes place). There seems to be a conflict here.

So if I've finished all the quests in the areas where chapter 3 takes place, how could I have not finished all the chapter 3 quests? I already have the badge for finishing all of chapter 4s quests as well.

Very strange......

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jun 04, 2008
Yes, please! I, too, am a completionist. So, after every level or two, I run back through all the areas and shops to see if anything new has become available. It's a touch tedious. (But I still do it! )

I wouldn't want anything that would tell me exactly where to go or who to speak to. However, as was suggested in the OP, an over the island on a map to let me know that I need to look for someone on Island X would be greatly appreciated.

Ensign
Jun 08, 2009
OMG, was looking for this post. I played many of the F2P games and a few P2P games and most had the option where either quests would show up on the map or there is a side tab in quests to click and see all quests that was available. also the tab showed what quests were available for what level.

Would love to see this in both Wizard101 and Pirate101

Ensign
Feb 01, 2012
Please put some kind of quest locators on the maps for the areas currently in. I have made it to tierra primata and got sent back to Scrimshaw and suddenly saw at least four quests that weren't there the last time I had been through.