Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sally and Napolguein quest

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
I am really frustrated because when I had broke Sally and Napolguein out of jail, I had gotten all the way through, then right before I finished I wasn't able to finish it. The quest said rescue Sally and Napolguein, and when I followed the yellow arrow it ended and nothing was there. Now I have to start the WHOLE DUNGEON OVER! I really don't want to because I don't like dungeons in the first place and my membership expires this week and I really don't have any time the rest of the week to do the dungeon over. I don't know if this is a bug or something just gliched this once. I don't know if anything can be done, but I just wanted to put this out there.

Ensign
Aug 28, 2010
I am having the same issue. This has happened to me three times in a row. I believe that Sally is supposed to participate in all the battles after you rescue her but she stops appearing after 1 or 2 battles. Since she is not there, I believe the game doesn't register that she has been rescued. As a result, you can't complete the quest. i am not sure how to get past this other than doing this dungeon over and over until sally doesn't disappear. Anybody else have a similar problem?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Well that is odd cause i helped my wife complete this dungeon the other day and Sally only participated in 1 battle after her rescue and dissappeared. We were still able to complete the dungeon though without issue. Not sure why you had that problem but even after you complete the dungeon the yellow helper arrow goes away you just have to go back and talk to the questgiver i think and move on. There isnt anything else to do there. Check your quest book and see if anything showed up that you have to do that you might have overlooked maybe, aside from that the only other suggestion is get help with the dungeon and complete it again until you get the credit.

Ensign
Aug 28, 2010
I was finally able to complete the quest on the fourth try. Sally showed up for two battles after I found her but didn't show up again. After completing the last part where you defeat the Armada troops and the brass monkey talks to you, it completed the Flight of the Penguin and then updated Saving Mustang Sally. In the previous three attempts, it got to that point and didn't update. I tried many different things such as restarting, exiting the game between attempts, etc. Finally, I went and did some other stuff and finally came back to try it. Then it worked the same way except it updated after the final battle and I was able to continue on from there. The only difference I noticed on the last run through was that the final Armada battle triggered as soon as I approached them. The previous three attempts, I had to walk up to them and make contact to trigger the battle. I don't know if something was fixed or changed before that last attempt. Anyway, I am past it now. This is the only major bug I have encountered so far. Overall, I think the game is well designed and I have enjoyed it so far.

Captain
May 13, 2011
i had to due the dungeon twice cause of that bug. feels strange why sally didnt help afterwards. at least napoleguin could help fighting instead of barking orders i already know

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
idk about the bug, but when i did the dungeon, i was on the last fight and my game crashed. on my new character, i was on the last fight and my whole computer crashed. it's an annoying dungeon, certianly, but i did it again without problems. your best bet is probably to just do it again. also, there is a glitch i've experienced where my arrow points in the opposite direction as the quest goal. you might have experienced that glitch while in fort elena.