Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sailing at Home?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Here's something I think would be a lot of fun: sailing your ship at your own house. Our house is already an island in some remote skyway and we already have a dock where we can board our ship, why not make use of the empty space off the island. The skyway at our house (which can just share the house name) doesn't have to be very big, just big enough for a bit of sailing and battling sky beasts like batakuda or buffaloons; like the size of Ithaca Skyway (no ship battles just beast battles). There could be 3 groups of beasts roaming the house's skyway: one low lvl, one mid lvl, and one high lvl; just so it's not strait-forward easy or difficult for any lvl pirate. If defeated, you'd just port back to your house dock. And you know how in W101 the houses have a magical door for you to go directly to the world you want, at one end of the house's skyway there could be a small stormgate (about half or a third the size of a regular stormgate) that can take you to whichever world you've "unlocked" already. The other end of the stormgate would just be some currently vacant part of that skyway, perhaps near the island where the Transportalers are. The windstone we'd need for this stormgate would be a simple white or grey and we'd earn it from Mr. Trelawny after completing the quest "Home Sweet Home" (of course we wouldn't be able to use it until we buy a house).
Personally, I think this would be awesome; Sailing and fighting sky beasts without leaving the comfort of your home, especially good for pirates who want to farm for gold without being disturbed by other pirates (which we all need some quality time alone every now and then). Let me know what you think of this.
Golden Mycin Inglewood lvl 65 Witchdoctor
P.S. - You have to own the house before you can sail the skyway and only the house owner can dock their ship and sail (visitors must board the owners ship and sail with them and cannot unbottle their own ship).

Ensign
Jul 04, 2013
Serpent10611 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
Here's something I think would be a lot of fun: sailing your ship at your own house. Our house is already an island in some remote skyway and we already have a dock where we can board our ship, why not make use of the empty space off the island. The skyway at our house (which can just share the house name) doesn't have to be very big, just big enough for a bit of sailing and battling sky beasts like batakuda or buffaloons; like the size of Ithaca Skyway (no ship battles just beast battles). There could be 3 groups of beasts roaming the house's skyway: one low lvl, one mid lvl, and one high lvl; just so it's not strait-forward easy or difficult for any lvl pirate. If defeated, you'd just port back to your house dock. And you know how in W101 the houses have a magical door for you to go directly to the world you want, at one end of the house's skyway there could be a small stormgate (about half or a third the size of a regular stormgate) that can take you to whichever world you've "unlocked" already. The other end of the stormgate would just be some currently vacant part of that skyway, perhaps near the island where the Transportalers are. The windstone we'd need for this stormgate would be a simple white or grey and we'd earn it from Mr. Trelawny after completing the quest "Home Sweet Home" (of course we wouldn't be able to use it until we buy a house).
Personally, I think this would be awesome; Sailing and fighting sky beasts without leaving the comfort of your home, especially good for pirates who want to farm for gold without being disturbed by other pirates (which we all need some quality time alone every now and then). Let me know what you think of this.
P.S. - You have to own the house before you can sail the skyway and only the house owner can dock their ship and sail (visitors must board the owners ship and sail with them and cannot unbottle their own ship).
ooh yeah, and we can also pick a theme for the skyway, like Avernus, Valencian, Monquistan etc.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
SatchelMan7 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
ooh yeah, and we can also pick a theme for the skyway, like Avernus, Valencian, Monquistan etc.
Interesting idea; I doubt that it's going to happen but still interesting none the less. Hopefully KI will provide more world-themed houses, so if we can sail at our homes the skyways will be more varied. And here's what I'm thinking for the different sky beasts we could battle in the different themed skyways (in order; lvl 15, lvl 35, and lvl 60):
Skull Island - flying fish, batacuda, storm shark
Monquista - jellyfish, batacuda, scarakeet
Valencia - jellyfish, flying fish, octopus
Cool Ranch - buffaloon, hornet, sky snake
Mooshu - storm koi, flying turtle, dragon
Marleybone - octopus, flying fish, sky gar
Aquila - sky snake, sky squid, harpy
Darkmoor - bloodbat, bone snake, evil spirit
I'm sure more themes will be available when new worlds and houses are made.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Even though I prefer to think that my pirate cleared any wandering monsters from the skyway surrounding my house, so that those monsters don't eat us in our sleep; I love the idea of sailing the little skyway surrounding my house. My idea is to let up to four pirates on a side do ship-based PvP in this skyway. I posted the full concept on a previous thread.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Row4n412 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Even though I prefer to think that my pirate cleared any wandering monsters from the skyway surrounding my house, so that those monsters don't eat us in our sleep; I love the idea of sailing the little skyway surrounding my house. My idea is to let up to four pirates on a side do ship-based PvP in this skyway. I posted the full concept on a previous thread.
It could be possible to put a ship PvP stand somewhere near the base of the docks, both at houses and the main island of each world, though I figured that having sky beasts roaming the houses' skyway would make more sense and be less nerve-racking than random NPC ships sailing outside our homes. Especially Armada ships.

Petty Officer
Jun 17, 2013
For P.S.,they should be allowed to do those things.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Musketeerman123 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
For P.S.,they should be allowed to do those things.
Very well, visitors can dock at the house and sail the skyway, but the house still has to be owned by someone in order to explore the house's skyway. The house preview doesn't allow ship docking so the skyway would be inaccessible.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
yeah! and your house can have its own enemys! like cutthroats or monkeys!

Ensign
Sep 29, 2012
Yah that would be fun especially when your having a party on your ship just sailing around your house also I wish ki would make a better way to how you went to your house like if your in the skyways you click the home button a portal opened and your sailed your ship into it then that portal takes you to your house skyway and you dock your ship. 65 65 20 10

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
That would be great for my other idea- placeable islands in your home. Each island would have a theme, for example a small monquistan battle tower, or maybe an armada fortress. Some things you would battle with your ship for some extra gold (might be a once a day thing, fun little way to test your skills), and some would be like the genie or the minotaur in w101, where you got some random free prizes once a day. Just something fun to do.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
fearless robert sp... on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
yeah! and your house can have its own enemys! like cutthroats or monkeys!
I've already listed above that the enemies would be sky beasts because that would be more natural and easier to tolerate. NPC ships sailing your house's skyway would just give people a heart-attack with the thought of an invasion, ESPECIALLY Armada ships

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
darkdoombro345 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
That would be great for my other idea- placeable islands in your home. Each island would have a theme, for example a small monquistan battle tower, or maybe an armada fortress. Some things you would battle with your ship for some extra gold (might be a once a day thing, fun little way to test your skills), and some would be like the genie or the minotaur in w101, where you got some random free prizes once a day. Just something fun to do.
Placing separate islands in your house's skyway? It may be a bit of a stretch but I love the idea. Perhaps some could be another island where you can dock your ship, explore, and place items; like an extension to the main island house.
Monquistan battle tower or Armada fortress? Like I've said before, the thought of invasion would turn people away from the idea, especially any Armada activity (oh no, they found me). The best we can battle in the skies at this point would be simple sky beasts; eventually we may get house dungeons like in W101.
Once-a-day free prizes? Definitely possible. It could be something like "the ghost of a famous pirate who sees you worthy and gives you a peace of the treasure from their past loot".

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
I've already listed above that the enemies would be sky beasts because that would be more natural and easier to tolerate. NPC ships sailing your house's skyway would just give people a heart-attack with the thought of an invasion, ESPECIALLY Armada ships
I think I have an idea. Depending on how many Crowns you want to spend, you can get an option to get enemy ships or beasts in your skyway, as a fun way to get gold and ship items! You can get supporting cannonfire from your house, as if you are resisting an invasion! This would be fun for parties, and even for solo players. It would be a fun way to train yourself for enemies in the REAL skyways. If you aren't on your ship and are just relaxing, nothing will happen. Only if you are sailing on your ship will all of this happen.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
warriorscreed on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
I think I have an idea. Depending on how many Crowns you want to spend, you can get an option to get enemy ships or beasts in your skyway, as a fun way to get gold and ship items! You can get supporting cannonfire from your house, as if you are resisting an invasion! This would be fun for parties, and even for solo players. It would be a fun way to train yourself for enemies in the REAL skyways. If you aren't on your ship and are just relaxing, nothing will happen. Only if you are sailing on your ship will all of this happen.
Interesting thought. I planned that the sky beasts would always appear when you enter the house's skyway. Your idea about defending your house against an invading fleet is great, but I see it as more of a house dungeon as opposed to just sailing the skies battling beasts.
In this dungeon, you're automatically boarded on your ship in front of your house. The type of enemy ships could either be Armada for all houses or varied according to what theme your house's skyway is. The enemy ships come in five waves, each wave more difficult than the last, starting from farthest perimeter of the skyway advancing inward. As you said, you get supporting cannon-fire from your house, similar to Beachhead. The house itself has its own health bar, about 5,000, and if an enemy ship gets to it, it loses about 100 health points. If you're defeated in battle or the houses health reaches 0, you're teleported to a life fountain and are unable to enter your house for about a minute.
Again, it's an interesting thought, though the likelihood of something like this happening is unsure; considering its complexity and KI's limited bandwidth.