Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Running out of epics

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I'm concerned about my Kan Po-- in the future, if he gets promoted or reaches level 75 and 95, he'll be forced to train Repel Boarders and Flanking. He has Riposte 3, Relentless 2, and Blade Storm 2. Could some of our companions get a few more epic options? Like, could you add First Strike and Second Chance to his list? I don't want him turning out like Sarah Steele.

OR

you could make Repel Boarders 3 and Flanking 3 not activate while hidden? That'd be convenient for people who like using Sarah.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
When it comes to epics, I personally prefer to have one of each. I find I get the best return for that.

I start out with the ones that give me an attack "just because": flanking, repel boarders, first strike, etc.

I follow that up with attacks because they hit me: vengence strike and the like.

I follow that up with attacks because they missed me: reposte.

All the rest I add in until they are all covered, before I start doing two of anything.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
AndrewDeathblade11... on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
I'm concerned about my Kan Po-- in the future, if he gets promoted or reaches level 75 and 95, he'll be forced to train Repel Boarders and Flanking. He has Riposte 3, Relentless 2, and Blade Storm 2. Could some of our companions get a few more epic options? Like, could you add First Strike and Second Chance to his list? I don't want him turning out like Sarah Steele.

OR

you could make Repel Boarders 3 and Flanking 3 not activate while hidden? That'd be convenient for people who like using Sarah.
I have the same problem with my Sarah I hate it when she is hidden and she does Repel Boarders.

And I really like my Kan Po and I don't want him to be using his Walk in Shadows on a Repel Boarders or Flanking in the future.

I hope to see you In the spiral-

Charming Morgan Freeman lvl 65 Witchdoctor

Adam lvl 46 swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:

OR

Without these auto talents; there is no way to "pop" a hidden companion out of hide.
I do agree that Kan Po should be able to gain First Strike and Second Chance. ( As well as Kiesuki Yagi. )
It would be nice if Lucy Sterling got to train Shadow Dance and Walk in Shadows.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Max DeGroot on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
When it comes to epics, I personally prefer to have one of each. I find I get the best return for that.

I start out with the ones that give me an attack "just because": flanking, repel boarders, first strike, etc.

I follow that up with attacks because they hit me: vengence strike and the like.

I follow that up with attacks because they missed me: reposte.

All the rest I add in until they are all covered, before I start doing two of anything.
I just don't have room for any more talents that benefit Kan Po. Repel Boarders and Flanking are his only talents left, and they're more negative than positive. What's better, a double-damage super hit or a weak flanking and a regular damage super hit?