Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rooster Cogburn Problem!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
In Cool Ranch there are chicken guys that you have to fight. They have really cool attacks. Just in case you don't know what I'm talking they are on red sash ships. They look like Rooster Cogburn. Speaking of Rooster Cogburn, WHY doesn't he have the same attacks as the other chickens The computer enemies have an attack where they aim at their target and fire. But all Cogburn can do is do a quick shot from his waste. I don't understand. Their the same animal with the same weapon. I was psyched when I got Rooster Cogburn because I thought he had a variety of attacks like his red sash counter parts. I'm not saying he's a bad companion but I was dissapointed when I found out he only had the one type of attack. I hope pirate101 fixes this in an update.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I'm close to him I'm lvl 27 that's sad to hear because those attacks are bad but he only does this first quick draw which makes sense but he doesn't do the other attacks does he have the same super hit

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
I'm close to him I'm lvl 27 that's sad to hear because those attacks are bad but he only does this first quick draw which makes sense but he doesn't do the other attacks does he have the same super hit
Yeah he has the same super hit which is good.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
In Cool Ranch there are chicken guys that you have to fight. They have really cool attacks. Just in case you don't know what I'm talking they are on red sash ships. They look like Rooster Cogburn. Speaking of Rooster Cogburn, WHY doesn't he have the same attacks as the other chickens The computer enemies have an attack where they aim at their target and fire. But all Cogburn can do is do a quick shot from his waste. I don't understand. Their the same animal with the same weapon. I was psyched when I got Rooster Cogburn because I thought he had a variety of attacks like his red sash counter parts. I'm not saying he's a bad companion but I was dissapointed when I found out he only had the one type of attack. I hope pirate101 fixes this in an update.
I agree with you Duke (for this thread may I call you just The Duke - it fits perfectly with the Rooster Cogburn post)

In my opinion, if you acquire a companion (whether part of quest or with crowns)- that companion should at the minimum have all of the attacks that it's in game counterpart(s) have. The animations are already there, so it does not seem that it would add to much work for the design team to apply to the companions (easy for me to say, right).

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I'm sorry you don't like Rooster's attack animations, Duke. And Dr., don't worry, even though Rooster Cogburn only gets three Epic Talents, he can choose two of them from a great list of possible epics. I gave my Roosters Burst fire 2 to go with that True Grit (his signature power) which he could train to True Grit 3. Both of these epics hit harder than his normal attack, unlike overwatch or first strike, which do half the base damage of a normal attack.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
really sad to hear because im cose to getting him im lvl 27 in cool ranch and i think you get him around lvl 30