Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rich People Problems

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
So, I believe this to be a problem with any Pirate once they hit the max level: TOO MUCH GOLD. I know, I know, we're pirates, gold is our life, etc. but really, we need something to use it for. I'm sure I could go and hatch pets for an hour and then my wallet wouldn't be so heavy, but I have all the pets I desire. I know I could go and buy all the furniture for my house I could ever desire, but I feel like my house (and yes, i bought the 100k class houses from the crown shop) is adequately decorated, and I want to save the space I have left for decorations from new worlds. So, what else is there for a Pirate to spend gold on?

Well, that's a trick question. there really is nothing, apart from the occasional yum'n'ade Refill (thanks, Ryan!) or a companion revive from Mitch. Of Course, this thread doesnt exist for me to whine about the number of shinies in my pockets... No, this thread exists for us to put forward suggestions on what we want to spend our preci- I mean, Shinies on.

I have 2 suggestions as of now:

1) a Scrip to Gold exchange Vendor: At a REALLY extreme exchange rate, (like, at least 1k Gold for 1 Scrip) I feel like this would be a good use of both our gold and an excellent source for scrip.

2) PvP Gambling: My second suggestion is one that many of us may not be fond of... but i still feel that it would be a cool and fun addition to the game... Completely optional of course. Anyway, Spectators and Combatants of a PvP match could gamble Gold on the Winner of the match. if they are right, they earn their money back plus some from anyone who bet on the other guy(s). If they are wrong, then they are out some gold. I even actually think that this would be kind of a cool thing to do with scrip. It'd make for some really high-stakes matches.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Blixet on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
So, I believe this to be a problem with any Pirate once they hit the max level: TOO MUCH GOLD. I know, I know, we're pirates, gold is our life, etc. but really, we need something to use it for. I'm sure I could go and hatch pets for an hour and then my wallet wouldn't be so heavy, but I have all the pets I desire. I know I could go and buy all the furniture for my house I could ever desire, but I feel like my house (and yes, i bought the 100k class houses from the crown shop) is adequately decorated, and I want to save the space I have left for decorations from new worlds. So, what else is there for a Pirate to spend gold on?

Well, that's a trick question. there really is nothing, apart from the occasional yum'n'ade Refill (thanks, Ryan!) or a companion revive from Mitch. Of Course, this thread doesnt exist for me to whine about the number of shinies in my pockets... No, this thread exists for us to put forward suggestions on what we want to spend our preci- I mean, Shinies on.

1) a Scrip to Gold exchange Vendor: At a REALLY extreme exchange rate, (like, at least 1k Gold for 1 Scrip) I feel like this would be a good use of both our gold and an excellent source for scrip.

2) PvP Gambling: My second suggestion is one that many of us may not be fond of... but i still feel that it would be a cool and fun addition to the game... Completely optional of course. Anyway, Spectators and Combatants of a PvP match could gamble Gold on the Winner of the match. if they are right, they earn their money back plus some from anyone who bet on the other guy(s). If they are wrong, then they are out some gold. I even actually think that this would be kind of a cool thing to do with scrip. It'd make for some really high-stakes matches.
If the up-date brings crafting, we'll soon have a way to spend that gold - the recipes in W101 for crafting many items gear as well as housing items or even a house will soon reduce that pile of gold to nothing, and if we can craft our own ships - who knows how much that will cost?
I don't believe KI will encourage gambling ( even virtual gambling ).

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
really we just need a higher gold cap. why is it 200,000? I would understand if it was 999,999.

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Blixet, there is no such thing as to much gold! You mentioned several ways to spend gold, plus with the update fast approaching I am sure KI has added many new ways to spend your gold and scrip. I believe you may have the opposite problem with gold once this update is released.

One of the areas I wish KI would include is not having to throw away gear because the Bazaar will not accept it. In W101 you can feed it to your pets and get more items or experience. I hope that is something that is added because it's a shame to watch perfectly good items go to waste because you simply have no more room for it.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
I have no doubt that the pending update will solve the problem I brought up here... at least for a little while. I made this post before I hear about the newsletter, so sorry for my unfortunate timing.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I had that issue also when I was a new player. Like why there is a 200,000 gold limit, some pirate need to save more than that amount. I was trying for a million gold. I guess it got to do the size of the storyline.

Due to the fact pirate101 is a kid friendly game, KI discourage ( don't allow ) gambling of any type. Although pirates do gamble for many reasons, however KI pirate characters don't. I'm sorry to say, that our dice and play cards are not allowed in Avery's court in other words.

As for scrips,these are hard to obtain.Time to go to the smuggler's arena to earn more to exchange some scrip items.

Until then see you at the sky ways.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
1 Pirate Dad on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Blixet, there is no such thing as to much gold! You mentioned several ways to spend gold, plus with the update fast approaching I am sure KI has added many new ways to spend your gold and scrip. I believe you may have the opposite problem with gold once this update is released.

One of the areas I wish KI would include is not having to throw away gear because the Bazaar will not accept it. In W101 you can feed it to your pets and get more items or experience. I hope that is something that is added because it's a shame to watch perfectly good items go to waste because you simply have no more room for it.
Hi Pirate Dad,
You don't have to throw it away. You can sell non bazaar items at any other normal merchant. Just click the gold coins tab and sell away.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Blixet on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:

I can't remember where, but I believe you can spend 200K gold to buy a big pile of gold for your house. I've considered buying one, but I can't find who sells it.

I'm sure with the pending update we'll have something to buy with all our gold.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Admiral
May 30, 2010
FireMorgan13 on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
I can't remember where, but I believe you can spend 200K gold to buy a big pile of gold for your house. I've considered buying one, but I can't find who sells it.

It's in Nova Aquila, IIRC. There's one for 150K in um, Isle of Dogs?, and one that'll only set you back 100K in one of the earlier worlds. MooShu, maybe?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I have no problem having that much gold. I simply buy things and put them in my shared bank, let my other pirates take them out of the shared bank and then sell them. The exchange rate is something awful (like 5000 gold ending up as 500), but it does make my lower pirates' lives easier.

Now, if ALL my pirates get to level 65 before the new world comes (and at this point, frankly, I suspect they will) and all are full of gold, I may end up going to the main pirate island and just giving junk away.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:

Nova Aquila, the Agora, its in one of the buildings in the outer circle. Check your map.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
I don't have a problem.After I finish Moo, (or finish as much as I can) I go to the Pelican Professor in the Kraken Skulls Tavern,And blow it all on companion training points

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
1 Pirate Dad on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:

If I have a useless, unequippable item, I go to Jolly Roger(by the gypsy wagon in Avery's Court) or Nate Carter(A dog above the PVP Chamber) and sell my stuff.

Or just put it in your Shared bank and level up your other character until he or she is able to use it

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
So the update is REALLY coming soon or just "really coming soon just wait...another year"? If its the first one WAHOO! Time to par-tay KingsIsle! Ye finally did it!