Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Revamping Ship Combat and adding Crafted Ship Gear

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Though I love my ships, I can't help but to feel that a lot more could be done to improve the ship combat system. At first I was thinking along the lines of letting us have two more ship buttons, one to allow us to cast blades, and another to cast nautical doubloons (each would have a timer for casting next). But then I thought that would be a bit to many buttons to constantly be pressing and so it might take away a little from the game. So then I thought what if instead of casting blades we could craft equipment for our ships that had may casts upon them. We would then have a lot of crafting options as to how we would like to customize our ships. I still like ship doubloons, and perhaps even ship animations. I also thought it would be nice if the Pirate Regatta dungeon were to drop items needed for nautical equipment crafting (as opposed to cheap furniture drops that makes no sense at all why ships would drop any of those house items). The Pirate Regatta is a challenge, and likely could be updated with end game level ships, but nobody likes to do it cause it gives little to no drops, nautical experience, or gold. Why make such a cool dungeon and then fail to put anything in it to ever want to play it? Also, I still like the idea of having guilds, and if ever in a guild would like to have a guild flag flying on our ships.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Mar 15, 2021 wrote:
Though I love my ships, I can't help but to feel that a lot more could be done to improve the ship combat system. At first I was thinking along the lines of letting us have two more ship buttons, one to allow us to cast blades, and another to cast nautical doubloons (each would have a timer for casting next). But then I thought that would be a bit to many buttons to constantly be pressing and so it might take away a little from the game. So then I thought what if instead of casting blades we could craft equipment for our ships that had may casts upon them. We would then have a lot of crafting options as to how we would like to customize our ships. I still like ship doubloons, and perhaps even ship animations. I also thought it would be nice if the Pirate Regatta dungeon were to drop items needed for nautical equipment crafting (as opposed to cheap furniture drops that makes no sense at all why ships would drop any of those house items). The Pirate Regatta is a challenge, and likely could be updated with end game level ships, but nobody likes to do it cause it gives little to no drops, nautical experience, or gold. Why make such a cool dungeon and then fail to put anything in it to ever want to play it? Also, I still like the idea of having guilds, and if ever in a guild would like to have a guild flag flying on our ships.
Ship doubloons sound wonderful and they could appear in the upper right of the screen as they do in normal battle; therefore no need for a button.
If we get crafting, then all kinds of ship gear will be possible. Perhaps a cannon button, instead of automatic cannon fire?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Mar 16, 2021 wrote:
Ship doubloons sound wonderful and they could appear in the upper right of the screen as they do in normal battle; therefore no need for a button.
If we get crafting, then all kinds of ship gear will be possible. Perhaps a cannon button, instead of automatic cannon fire?
perhaps just fun options, like shooting the world hello into the air as fireworks from ship cannons, so much could be customized and made fun