Request for the tower chests

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
960
Please move the second chance chest from the Nefarious Five to the top floor! I am trying to get the completion badge and I am tired of wasting two hours climbing the tower to have people leave on me! They say they were going to stay but right after the battle they say sorry got to go. Look if your not doing the whole run don't waste somebody's time and don't lie about it so you can get what YOU want. That is very selfish and rude.

It would be a great service to players who want to do the whole run if the Nefarious chest was moved to the top floor that way they can farm that chest yet we can finish the tower too and nobody has to lie about it. Two hours for me is a lot of time. I work all day and have only a few hours to play. One ruined run takes all my time.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5748
DuranteRamses87 on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
Please move the second chance chest from the Nefarious Five to the top floor! I am trying to get the completion badge and I am tired of wasting two hours climbing the tower to have people leave on me! They say they were going to stay but right after the battle they say sorry got to go. Look if your not doing the whole run don't waste somebody's time and don't lie about it so you can get what YOU want. That is very selfish and rude.

It would be a great service to players who want to do the whole run if the Nefarious chest was moved to the top floor that way they can farm that chest yet we can finish the tower too and nobody has to lie about it. Two hours for me is a lot of time. I work all day and have only a few hours to play. One ruined run takes all my time.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Exactly! Whenever I've used team up for tower my blood runs cold when I hear "man, I got nothing!" because then, I know, that player will drop out.
Moving the SCC seems like a sensible move, if they want that second chance; make them complete the Tower!
Of course, some may point out, that the chest was earned by defeating the Five and that chest is theirs by right ( and if they have the crowns ).

Developer
Nefarious decisions-- like drinking mysterious potions, and not finishing the tower-- have consequences.

Commodore
May 30, 2010
863
Ratbeard on Sep 20, 2014 wrote:
Nefarious decisions-- like drinking mysterious potions, and not finishing the tower-- have consequences.
Yes, Ratbeard, but it seems like the ones paying for it are the people who are trying to do the right thing.

Developer
Seems like that's the case in life, too. The nobler path usually takes longer, and it's usually harder, and you'll often be asking yourself at times if it's worth it.

That certainly might explain why so many people fall for quick, easy, flashy short term gains-- and it's even worse if they're willing to let other people down along the way.

Tsk tsk. Not very heroic... don't you think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5748
Sometimes, a player will drop out BECAUSE they got what they wanted! This happened to me recently, the witchdoctor on our team received the Nefarious Staff, then promptly vanished, without even going for that four lock chest.
If my WD had received that staff, I would have promptly equipped it, and go play with my new 'toy' in the Tower!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5748
I have thought of a way to make players complete the Tower. This idea of mine is pure genius ( or it flat out stinks, you tell me ). Here it is:
Move the Nefarious Five to the top of the tower with Moo Manchu
Use the same room as the Nef-5, with Moo standing on the stage. He won't join in the battle until two of the 5 have been beaten. This will give six boss chests and two SCCs.
The level where the Nef-5 used to be will hold the Terracotta Warriors. The next level will be another healing room.
Then the top floor with Moo & the Nef-5.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
156
DuranteRamses87 on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
Please move the second chance chest from the Nefarious Five to the top floor! I am trying to get the completion badge and I am tired of wasting two hours climbing the tower to have people leave on me! They say they were going to stay but right after the battle they say sorry got to go. Look if your not doing the whole run don't waste somebody's time and don't lie about it so you can get what YOU want. That is very selfish and rude.

It would be a great service to players who want to do the whole run if the Nefarious chest was moved to the top floor that way they can farm that chest yet we can finish the tower too and nobody has to lie about it. Two hours for me is a lot of time. I work all day and have only a few hours to play. One ruined run takes all my time.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Sometimes sudden things come up for people. Maybe they need to go somewhere at the last minute and can't continue to play. I did leave the tower unexpectedly one time, but I received a text and had to drive my parents somewhere. Though, that wouldn't be considered rude on my part. Helping family of mine, is much more important than getting any nefarious stuff. All that aside, I do agree that is quite selfish and rude of them, if you get what you've been looking for, then continue journeying through the tower. Perhaps you will gain some more and better loot, such as Moo Manchu's robe. I'll try and find my times to play the tower. I usually don't leave, so hopefully I won't be a problem to you guys, I want to go in that tower, and come out of it alive, but as a team. See you in the Spiral

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Sometimes sudden things come up for people. Maybe they need to go somewhere at the last minute and can't continue to play. I did leave the tower unexpectedly one time, but I received a text and had to drive my parents somewhere. Though, that wouldn't be considered rude on my part. Helping family of mine, is much more important than getting any nefarious stuff. All that aside, I do agree that is quite selfish and rude of them, if you get what you've been looking for, then continue journeying through the tower. Perhaps you will gain some more and better loot, such as Moo Manchu's robe. I'll try and find my times to play the tower. I usually don't leave, so hopefully I won't be a problem to you guys, I want to go in that tower, and come out of it alive, but as a team. See you in the Spiral
I agree wholeheartedly Anthony!

Some things are beyond our control or power & 'virtual play' must take a backseat to real-life circumstance. I have been rather reluctant to do the tower in a group, because many times, I am at home alone with my 3 kids, including 1 year old twins & it is very hard to just say "OK kids, Daddy's going to spend the next 2+ hours in a tower trying to get some great gear for his make believe pirate. You guys just hold on & if anything pressing, important or urgent happens, you'll just have to wait it out."

I don't want to disappoint any fellow pirates if an emergency comes up or if my kids just need my attention for 30 minutes. I also don't expect them to wait for me while I get the babies fed, make bottles, give them a bath or get them ready for bed. The truth is that many players, especially ones you don't know or don't share your circumstances, don't really care why you may have to jump off suddenly-- they just care that you cost them a chance at virtual goodies. Many don't realize that sometimes things happen and that life is a tad bit more unpredictable than a video game.

Due to the above, I have only completed the tower once & that was with a group of really great pirates & people (Chrissy, Esperanza and Jeffrey-- I'm winking at you). I was fortunate enough to have a group of players that were understanding when I had to take multiple, several minute breaks to tend to the babies & my family. Many other players would have been quite irritated with having to wait up for me & in some cases I probably would have come back to read some not so friendly chats in my chat box, from players that might not have been as understanding as the great group of friends that accompanied me into the tower.

My day usually starts by 6am & I am pretty much nonstop until 9pm. Then comes the responsibility part of having a home & babies & needing to see that things are back in order for the pee wee pirates to run wild & reek havoc the very next day. So most times it is 11 or soon after before I have a legitimate, solid block of 2+ hours to devote to the tower. But that leaves me with just a few hours sleep before I have to start the new day.....and in my line of work, I'd rather not operate power tools or walk across a roof while struggling from a very latenight tower run.

I think I got off track- go figure, right! But again, I agree with you that many times real-life things come up that are beyond our control & we have to tend to them. So many times it is not being rude, it is just life & the responsibilities that come along with it. As frustrating as it is for players to have someone leave before the tower is complete, we also need to keep in mind that sometimes it is not an act of rudeness...it's an act of responsibility or other real-life circumstance.

But yes there are also many rude players that just bow out when they get what they want & when their needs are met....& that is inexcusable, to say the least!

Commodore
May 30, 2010
863
I don't believe anyone would really mind if you had to leave unexpectedly because of real life. Just say something before you vanish off the face of the earth, you know? I think the issue is the folks who want only to get to the nefarious five and hit that chest, then bug out and leave you to do the rest of the tower alone-ish.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
I don't believe anyone would really mind if you had to leave unexpectedly because of real life. Just say something before you vanish off the face of the earth, you know? I think the issue is the folks who want only to get to the nefarious five and hit that chest, then bug out and leave you to do the rest of the tower alone-ish.
There are a lot of immature players out there, both young and old, and believe me many of them do mind when you have to leave unexpectedly to tend to real-life circumstances-- and some of them don't care what your reason for leaving is . Just as they mind if you say you can't help them with a 'lesser length' dungeon and also mind if you say you have to leave in the middle of a relatively easy for them, yet long, dungeon, to take care of responsibilities.

I try to be a very helpful pirate in the Spiral and when players ask I give them the benefit of the doubt and eagerly offer to help. There have been a lot that have 'voiced' there opinion when you politely say, '"I can't help right now, I am about to go somewhere with my family" or "Sorry, I'm about to log off to go coach baseball". And the same can be said for unexpectedly having to leave due to real-life issues, while helping out in a longer-than-normal dungeon, that the person you are helping clearly could handle on their own. I have received numerous not-so-friendly chats, just because of having to leave to tend to real-life issues.

Just like in real-life, there are players that are more immature and will use others to get what they are after. And they will throw a verbal tantrum because someone had to leave due to unexpected real-life issues. I have witnessed it.....on several occasions. Those players don't care why you have to go or if you politely let them know your legitimate reasons for having to leave unexpectedly. They only care that you are interfering with them not getting what they want. It's part of life....both real and virtual.

With the Tower being a real time investment and with the security of being behind a keyboard, it just brings those immature individuals even more to the surface because they want what they want during the 1 1/2-2+ hour it takes to get it, and they see others as a means to getting it. For those players, if you say "Sorry, my kids need me, I have to go"-- they simply don't care and possibly will be pretty darn rude because you 'ruined their plan'. This too I have seen. Not so much in the tower but from telling some that I don't have time for the tower or another dungeon at that moment because I have real-life to tend to. There have been those that have responded in a rather unfriendly way....but that's just the immaturity in those particular players and thankfully most are not that way.

But yes many of them do mind and aren't shy about letting you know it. But that's life on Earth and in the Spiral for you. Not all play nice and that's quite ok because we need a little of all types to make life more interesting. Gotta have a little nefariousness to mix with the gregariousness.

Commodore
May 30, 2010
863
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
There are a lot of immature players out there, both young and old, and believe me many of them do mind when you have to leave unexpectedly to tend to real-life circumstances-- and some of them don't care what your reason for leaving is . Just as they mind if you say you can't help them with a 'lesser length' dungeon and also mind if you say you have to leave in the middle of a relatively easy for them, yet long, dungeon, to take care of responsibilities.

I try to be a very helpful pirate in the Spiral and when players ask I give them the benefit of the doubt and eagerly offer to help. There have been a lot that have 'voiced' there opinion when you politely say, '"I can't help right now, I am about to go somewhere with my family" or "Sorry, I'm about to log off to go coach baseball". And the same can be said for unexpectedly having to leave due to real-life issues, while helping out in a longer-than-normal dungeon, that the person you are helping clearly could handle on their own. I have received numerous not-so-friendly chats, just because of having to leave to tend to real-life issues.

Just like in real-life, there are players that are more immature and will use others to get what they are after. And they will throw a verbal tantrum because someone had to leave due to unexpected real-life issues. I have witnessed it.....on several occasions. Those players don't care why you have to go or if you politely let them know your legitimate reasons for having to leave unexpectedly. They only care that you are interfering with them not getting what they want. It's part of life....both real and virtual.

With the Tower being a real time investment and with the security of being behind a keyboard, it just brings those immature individuals even more to the surface because they want what they want during the 1 1/2-2+ hour it takes to get it, and they see others as a means to getting it. For those players, if you say "Sorry, my kids need me, I have to go"-- they simply don't care and possibly will be pretty darn rude because you 'ruined their plan'. This too I have seen. Not so much in the tower but from telling some that I don't have time for the tower or another dungeon at that moment because I have real-life to tend to. There have been those that have responded in a rather unfriendly way....but that's just the immaturity in those particular players and thankfully most are not that way.

But yes many of them do mind and aren't shy about letting you know it. But that's life on Earth and in the Spiral for you. Not all play nice and that's quite ok because we need a little of all types to make life more interesting. Gotta have a little nefariousness to mix with the gregariousness.
It's unfortunate that you've run into so many of them; I think I've had one mildly irksome experience with a strange pirate. Only the one, mind, but I'm a pretty reclusive (or exclusive) pirate and generally will only play with folks I know in real life. They do know that when you leave for real life stuff it's really because of that.

Maybe too many parents are forgetting to teach their children the old "if you can't say something nice..." maxim.

It's still a pity that the nice folks are being done over by the greedy ones who just want the chest in the tower.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
It's unfortunate that you've run into so many of them; I think I've had one mildly irksome experience with a strange pirate. Only the one, mind, but I'm a pretty reclusive (or exclusive) pirate and generally will only play with folks I know in real life. They do know that when you leave for real life stuff it's really because of that.

Maybe too many parents are forgetting to teach their children the old "if you can't say something nice..." maxim.

It's still a pity that the nice folks are being done over by the greedy ones who just want the chest in the tower.
You are so right on multiple accounts Fiorenza! It is a pity to run into those types of characters on more than a few occasions. I think it stems from the fact that, for a long while all I did was help out other players regardless of knowing them or not.

When just passing through Avery's Court or other crowded areas, I would answer a call for help and, in giving people a fair shot, I would friend them or follow them. Well, for some of them, asking for help wasn't about actually needing help, it was about wanting others to propel them through the story without much effort on their part. So, since those particular random pirates were in 'using others' mode, when I wouldn't comply it brought out the immaturity in them. From their discontent of me not helping (when they really didn't need it) came some rude comments. But I don't worry about it and just go on about my business. I just don't willingly help others that I don't know as often, also due to in-game time limitations. The using types have been weeded out of the friends list and I stick to those I know and help them out when needed.

Most pirates aren't the rude type (but pirates should be, right?) and the majority I have come across are great and thankful people. But every once in a while you still get those "Dude you sock!" comments when you don't play by their rules or if you tell them, "Sorry, have to jump off for my kids. Good Luck!". But like you noted, those kids may not have been brought up not to be rude or to refrain from saying negative things.

And many of those players are the same type that would just bolt after using other players to get the goodies they want. Even in a video game and virtual world, I can't treat people that way and don't like to let people down. But that is how I was raised and how I will remain-- pirate or no pirate.

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
110
This sort of thing happens A lot. You had this on wizards in the big instances and now there in the the big instances on pirates. They don't care they don't worry about us who want to finish in a group they get what they want and leave. It's a fact your going to find them around in any game I don't think half of them get it that we would get mad because they don't care . If the chests were moved they would finish or not play period there looking to get something for nothing or with as little work as possible more than likely they would not play