Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Regarding Unassigned Companions

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
The auto companions feature needs to be updated so that in the event you assign 1 or 2 companions, but don't assign all 3 that the ones you assign do their assigned moves first, even if your first mate was the companion that didn't get assigned. I hate when another companion's unassigned move cancels out an assigned companions move.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
The auto companions feature needs to be updated so that in the event you assign 1 or 2 companions, but don't assign all 3 that the ones you assign do their assigned moves first, even if your first mate was the companion that didn't get assigned. I hate when another companion's unassigned move cancels out an assigned companions move.
If you're using Automated companions it's on you to be aware that an unassigned companion is a free agent ( like a pet, summons or ally ) and make a contingency for them.
Whenever I hear someone complain that they don't like the actions a companion makes while using Auto, I encourage them to turn it off! Usually, I get a good response to the suggestion; it's as if they didn't know that they had a choice.
So, you have the choice, KI gave you the power to choose - auto on or auto off.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 25, 2018 wrote:
If you're using Automated companions it's on you to be aware that an unassigned companion is a free agent ( like a pet, summons or ally ) and make a contingency for them.
Whenever I hear someone complain that they don't like the actions a companion makes while using Auto, I encourage them to turn it off! Usually, I get a good response to the suggestion; it's as if they didn't know that they had a choice.
So, you have the choice, KI gave you the power to choose - auto on or auto off.
Pets and summons always move after assigned and unassigned companions, yes that can block a square you hoped to move to next turn but otherwise that doesn't cancel out your moves.

Do my post seem to you as a complaint? If it does, that is not the case. I like auto companions sometimes, that said I wish if you didn't know what move to give one of your companions, I wish the companions you assigned would move first, and then the companion(s) you didn't assign would make an even smarter move!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
You also have the option to tell your companion to stay in place so they don't do something silly if you aren't going to give them an assigned move or turn off auto-companion. Just hit the little hourglass.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Apr 26, 2018 wrote:
You also have the option to tell your companion to stay in place so they don't do something silly if you aren't going to give them an assigned move or turn off auto-companion. Just hit the little hourglass.
I always seem to forget that, so I move them one square. It works.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 25, 2018 wrote:
Pets and summons always move after assigned and unassigned companions, yes that can block a square you hoped to move to next turn but otherwise that doesn't cancel out your moves.

Do my post seem to you as a complaint? If it does, that is not the case. I like auto companions sometimes, that said I wish if you didn't know what move to give one of your companions, I wish the companions you assigned would move first, and then the companion(s) you didn't assign would make an even smarter move!
Well, maybe these words sounded like a complaint: "I hate when another companion's unassigned move cancels out an assigned companion's move."

So, therefore KI must tinker with the coding that has our companions moving in order just because you forget to take into account that your first mate always goes first? ( Except in cases like a promotion quest. )