Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Reduce Crowns Needed To reset Powers N Talents

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 06, 2013
Currently it costs 3,000 crowns to reset talents and epics learned. Could KI consider lowering the price or offering to let us reset using gold instead? I can't afford crowns and 3,000 is a lot. When the secret trainers came out you offered a free reset. Why no free reset is offered again after new talents were introduced.
There are several players like me who can't afford to keep spending money to buy crowns to get the good stuff. Does KI only care about profit?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piratewolf8 on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
Currently it costs 3,000 crowns to reset talents and epics learned. Could KI consider lowering the price or offering to let us reset using gold instead? I can't afford crowns and 3,000 is a lot. When the secret trainers came out you offered a free reset. Why no free reset is offered again after new talents were introduced.
There are several players like me who can't afford to keep spending money to buy crowns to get the good stuff. Does KI only care about profit?
With a one month membership ( $10 U.S. ) you can reset for gold, at max level this is 2,000 gold per companion.
Profit is what keeps Pirate101 up & running, why do you want KI to lose this profit? Don't you care about this game?
You can also get extra crowns by doing KI trivia Games ( granted, this is only 100 crowns per day, but it's still free crowns. )

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
I am in the same spot you are in. But I think it's fine the way it is! Not everything can be free plus KI has to make money some how! You just need to adjust to it. I recommend you do the Zeke quests to get practice points. If you have talents or powers you don't care to much for then put them at the bottom of your powers so they don't show up as much. And if you haven't completed the game there is still more points to get! Good hunting!

Ruthless Anna Nightingale level 70

Wicked Jewel level 46

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
With a one month membership ( $10 U.S. ) you can reset for gold, at max level this is 2,000 gold per companion.
Profit is what keeps Pirate101 up & running, why do you want KI to lose this profit? Don't you care about this game?
You can also get extra crowns by doing KI trivia Games ( granted, this is only 100 crowns per day, but it's still free crowns. )
Actually, at max level it's 2500 gold per reset.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piratewolf8 on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
Also no new talents were introduced, they were the next rank in already established talents.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
For those who pay by crowns the costs of resetting companions are indeed absurd

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
"Anecorbie" it is rude to question wether or not someone cares about this game. Keep in mind, not everyone on this game understands how a company manages its finances and how it stays afloat. Profit is something many players of this game may not acknowledge simply because they are too young or care more about how they can afford such prices.. Lowering the cost for resetting companions is a simple question, an innocent one. If they did not care about the game, why would they even ask in the first place?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
coconut pirate on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
"Anecorbie" it is rude to question wether or not someone cares about this game. Keep in mind, not everyone on this game understands how a company manages its finances and how it stays afloat. Profit is something many players of this game may not acknowledge simply because they are too young or care more about how they can afford such prices.. Lowering the cost for resetting companions is a simple question, an innocent one. If they did not care about the game, why would they even ask in the first place?
In my mind it is equally rude to question whether or not KI cares about their players; we've seen how KI HAS offered FREE resets whenever there is a major change to the game.
Why should KI lower the cost of something "extra" for FtP customers when all that's needed, is to simply buy a one month membership ( more cheap than buying Crowns outright ) and then use the gold to reset?

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
coconut pirate on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
Dude piratewolf mentions profit in the question

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
In my mind it is equally rude to question whether or not KI cares about their players; we've seen how KI HAS offered FREE resets whenever there is a major change to the game.
Why should KI lower the cost of something "extra" for FtP customers when all that's needed, is to simply buy a one month membership ( more cheap than buying Crowns outright ) and then use the gold to reset?
"Anecorbie" You must have misread what i said. Also, you are the one who questioned the original poster if they cared about this game. Please be more thorough before questioning and attacking me. Thank you

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Anna Nightanglae on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
Dude piratewolf mentions profit in the question
Yes I know this, I'm just generalizing the request to include thoughts of other players I hear who complain about lowering crowns, prices, anything really. Many of those people are too young to understand that accompany needs money to properly function. Thank you for your concern "dude".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
coconut pirate on Jan 5, 2017 wrote:
"Anecorbie" You must have misread what i said. Also, you are the one who questioned the original poster if they cared about this game. Please be more thorough before questioning and attacking me. Thank you
In what way was that an attack? It was the OP I was referring to, not you.

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
coconut pirate on Jan 5, 2017 wrote:
Yes I know this, I'm just generalizing the request to include thoughts of other players I hear who complain about lowering crowns, prices, anything really. Many of those people are too young to understand that accompany needs money to properly function. Thank you for your concern "dude".
Got it dude!