Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Redoing Flags

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
I think we should be able to make our flags different a lot of people agree in-game. I mean I hate my sail and want a new one. If this does happen I would love for it to be gold maybe you could get it in the ship yard at skull island. Lots of unique flags could be awesome!

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Here is One-Eyed Jack's list of commonly requested additions to the game. If you look you'll see that flag dyeing is on there, with a link to another thread requesting it.

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/commonly-requested-additions-to-pirate101-8ad6a41c3a920d1e013ab20c605561fc

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I was kinda thinking of something that might perk some interest in creating flags...

What if every level we advance, or every other level, we get a new flag design and/or backdrop? Just walk with me on this one. In Player Creation, we get the basic flag designs and etc, but as we level up, we unlock more designs or backdrops and, every once in a while, maybe even colors!

It's somewhat like unlocking talents and spells. It also helps other players see how advance you are in the game, just by looking at your flag!

I know, it's a long shot and probably won't happen, but that's just my two cents on this topic (though i really wish KI would let us change flags sometime soon). Any who, I think it'll be interesting idea...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bloody Belle on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I was kinda thinking of something that might perk some interest in creating flags...

What if every level we advance, or every other level, we get a new flag design and/or backdrop? Just walk with me on this one. In Player Creation, we get the basic flag designs and etc, but as we level up, we unlock more designs or backdrops and, every once in a while, maybe even colors!

It's somewhat like unlocking talents and spells. It also helps other players see how advance you are in the game, just by looking at your flag!

I know, it's a long shot and probably won't happen, but that's just my two cents on this topic (though i really wish KI would let us change flags sometime soon). Any who, I think it'll be interesting idea...
Ooooo I really like that idea. Cooler designs as you advance. Really neat. And maybe adding colors so you could have more than two. Then the really colorful and intricate designs would show all how much hard work you have put into the game. Way cool.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Bloody Belle on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:

Well Belle I was thinking somewhat alike but mostly like we redo colors and flags just so its easier. Good Idea though I'll support it.

Ensign
Oct 29, 2012
I've been kinda thinking the same thing. I'm getting a little bored with my angler flag, and adding more details and emblems and such would be epic! I am in support for this. :)

Ensign
May 01, 2012
YES! Changeable flags would be great! Only half of my companions look good with my flag and it should be good with everyone:

Base - Red
Trim - Black

But on near half of my companions it looks stupid. Louis leBisque as a cannoneer looks like light pink and gray as well as Rooster Cogburn not to mention the rest. If you don't add changeable flags One-Eyed Jack at least adjust the companions colors a bit I am tired of pink people when my base is red

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Davy Jones on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
YES! Changeable flags would be great! Only half of my companions look good with my flag and it should be good with everyone:

Base - Red
Trim - Black

But on near half of my companions it looks stupid. Louis leBisque as a cannoneer looks like light pink and gray as well as Rooster Cogburn not to mention the rest. If you don't add changeable flags One-Eyed Jack at least adjust the companions colors a bit I am tired of pink people when my base is red
My flag is a Wolf with turquoise as base and cyan on trim it looks horrible on most companions except my 3 or 4 bison and El Toro Egg Shen as well. All my other companions don't look so good and I don't think I like my sail that much either I would much rather a Marleybone one with red and red it would look better I bet! =).
Privateer Practical Kai Chamberlain
PS. I know how you feel Davy Jones

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Honestly, I think we shouldn't be asking for flag dying, but companion dying. My colors, white and blue, look great on most of my companions, but there are a couple that I would like to change. On El Toro, it looks really awkward, especially when you are used to the regular pre-promotion black. BUT, on my Sarah Steele, Bonnie Anne, and Catbeard, it looks great! I would hate to have to change them just to get my El Toro out of his strange looking Blue and White. I think the great solution would be companion dying, that way all of your companions could look just the way you want!

morlokc-pirate101 instagram

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Elemutation on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Honestly, I think we shouldn't be asking for flag dying, but companion dying. My colors, white and blue, look great on most of my companions, but there are a couple that I would like to change. On El Toro, it looks really awkward, especially when you are used to the regular pre-promotion black. BUT, on my Sarah Steele, Bonnie Anne, and Catbeard, it looks great! I would hate to have to change them just to get my El Toro out of his strange looking Blue and White. I think the great solution would be companion dying, that way all of your companions could look just the way you want!

morlokc-pirate101 instagram
I really don't like my flag AND companion color so I am still hoping we are going to have flag dying I mean we have a dye shop and a ship dye person why not a flag dye person
PS. I change my favorite color a lot :).
Practical Kai Chamberlain Privateer level 58