Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions regarding the 'Razing Kane' instance

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Howdy Ratbeard! I'm here to bug ye again But I certainly don't wish to take you away from feverishly working on cool new powers, gear, higher ranking Epics, & cool new toys for us pirates to enjoy.

I just had a few questions about the 'Kane confrontation'.

1] I noticed that sometimes some enemies do not move, when they should otherwise- or at least nothing prevents them from doing so. Many times it's even in the 1st round & it seems the Battle Angels & Marines are the most hesitant to engage in all the fun. Is there a reason behind this or is it just something that happens?
2] I have also witnessed on several occasions that when one of my units triggers, & is Immobilized by, a Marine's En Passant, sometimes it prevents other adjacent, allied enemies from moving as well. They basically forfeit their turn. It's only happened 5+ times that I can remember. But is this by design? (Or perhaps it's something wonky on my end).

3] When a Marine ends a turn in the very 1st, opposite side row it does not get the Courtly Promotion. Same can be said for when our pirates end a turn in the opposite side, very last row. Is their any significance to this or is it just to follow the rules of chess, by promoting only in the last rows of the actual chess board...or just a way to provide a 'buffer or neutral' zone?

4] Due to time constraints, issues w/ Internet at times & dealing with unpredictable rugrats, I pretty much have only completed the Kane instance solo (25+ times so far). But I have noticed something that I thought was peculiar. Normally, early in the battle, when Rooke is hit, Kane Castles in to an adjacent square. His turn has passed though, & he's not able to attack until the next round. On many occasions --later in the battle when it's usually just Rooke & Kane left-- I have noticed that Kane will move, Rooke will attack & take some sort of responsive/collateral damage, Kane will port in & then Kane will still get his deadly frenzy attack...before the round ends. Is this supposed to happen, like maybe it's a nefarious wrinkle? I know it's not due to Fast Combat or anything like that, because Kane moves, then Rooke moves & gets hit, Kane ports in & actually attacks-- all before the end of round & me setting up my moves.

5] This is more of a general, just out of curiosity inquiry. Is there an "overall roll" at the start of rounds? I've been paying close attention & I've observed that many a times, if your pirate gets his/her Relentless/Burst/Crits, then the other crew members do too. Likewise if your pirate doesn't, often the rest of the crew doesn't either. Same for Block/Dodge-- if an enemy blocks one strike, they often block an entire chain & the other enemies often follow suit. If they get hit, most hits in the chain get through as well. If one attack scores a Crit Hit, others in the chain do as well..and so on. Is this due to a predetermined roll before the round starts & then each 'instance' gets it's own roll as well?

Thank you for your time

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I am thinking that maybe #4 should just be tossed out....I have a suspicion that it just may have been optical delusions on my part. Again, at least I think so.

What may have appeared to happen a few times, could have actually been a product of Fast Combat turned on. Those few times when it was just Rooke and Kane left, everything may have just appeared to unfold at a 2-year old, sugar-rushed pace. I think that since FC was on: Kane would move; Rooke would move and attack; Rooke would get countered and take damage; Kane would Castle in and in most cases...a heated exchange of Epics would occur between my unit and Rooke, thus dragging out and pausing the combat. On those other few times, however, not as many Epics kicked in, and due to FC, Kane just appeared to interrupt Valkoor and Rooke's heated discussion. With other units on the board everything paused a little bit more. But with just the 3 of us exchanging pleasantries, the FC eliminated that pause-- making it seem that Kane was moving twice in the same round-- with no pauses.

So, I admit...I believe I was mistaken about that one. Though I could have sworn that on a couple of occasions Rooke and Valkoor exchanged Epics, Kane Castled in and attacked (all in one fell swoop) and then the Epic exchange between Rooke and Valkoor continued. But no, that doesn't seem right and I may have been hitting the Yum to hard. Because if that was the case, Kane surely would've Deadly Frenzied me into the dirt before I could further object to Rooke's acts of insolence.

So I am replacing #4 with this alternative question(s):

4] What's your take on the final Kane battle? Do you feel satisfied with how it all turned out? What was your favorite (and also trickiest), enemy mechanic to implement and program? Is there anything that you wanted added to the enemies/combat dynamics that got left out? If you could add anything more (as if it's needed) to the Court's roster(s) or to that final encounter...what would it have been?

Thank you

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I know you're quite busy...but a few more questions popped in my head as I was farming Kane. These all involve Kane's loot table, the second chance chest & the NA gear drops.

6] Is Kane's gear, specifically the No-Auction good stuff, tiered by your # of runs-- as far as when some of it is available to drop & possibly as far as the percentage chance increasing for specific pieces being dropped? Also, is it dependent of the pirate class that is in the instance. Here's why I ask (and I believe many others have inquired about, as well)

• I have soloed Kane 32 times thus far & pretty much each time I defeat him, I hit the SCC enough times to fill my backpack, sell off the 'unwanted drops' & then fill it one more time. Then I call it quits for that run. My pack is always hovering around 100-105 capacity.
  • For the first 15-20 or so runs I received all the same gear...every time. Dozens of duplicates, each, of the same 8-10 Privy NA items. 1-2 duplicates of 1 or 2 items from all of the other classes. I lost track, but I would venture to say that I've received 100's of Privy NA gear, 6-8 Buccaneer pieces, a couple dozen pieces of Musket gear, maybe a dozen or so for Swash and Witch (maybe a hair more for WD). But it was always the same pieces over and over again.
  • Around run 20 a couple of new items were added to the mix, including Kane's Mask, Agrippa Greatcoat (WD) and Bardigiano Cloak (MK). The next few runs I saw a couple duplicates of each drop. Never saw them until hitting around that 20 mark. I haven't seen anything new as of 32 successful runs.

7] Is there anything different or special about Kane's loot table & how, what drops & when?
8] Is higher ranking gear only available after a certain number of runs...or does the percentage(s) start to increase for those items?
9] Is certain gear only available to drop for certain classes &/or does the percentage improve when in groups, versus solo?
J] Can you throw all of the NA Buccaneer gear I don't have yet in the next run?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
WOW! Who knew all I had to do was ask? Thanks Ratbeard!! Okay-- I kid...I kid. But it does look like my luck may be taking a turn for the better.

In the last 3 successful Kane runs I've gotten the Sforza Field Jacket (Bucc outfit), the Altafulla Chilote (Swash hat) and the Murcia Campaign Hat (Musket hat)!! I've received the Musket hat a couple times, but it was a first for the other 2 items.

Keep 'em coming!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oh my, Valkoor - you and Kane are on quite the roll. I'd much rather go to the dentist than solo Kane repeatedly.

My privateer hasn't reach the Final Countdown yet, but I can agree that my witchdoctor and musketeer, who have gone in (with groups) have received almost exclusively privateer or buccaneer gear rather than their own -- or any swashbuckler stuff at all -- but my witchdoctor did receive the Agrippa Greatcoat about run number 5 or 6, I think from the second chance chest, but possibly from the battle itself, as it's all a blur now.

I do believe that, somehow, the odds are greater for receiving other-class gear in higher worlds -- kind of the opposite of Skull Island, where you are almost guaranteed to get something your pirate can equip immediately. Keeps us coming back for more, doesn't it?

Keep up the analysis for us, it's very insightful (and entertaining)!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Willowydream on Aug 30, 2016 wrote:
Oh my, Valkoor - you and Kane are on quite the roll. I'd much rather go to the dentist than solo Kane repeatedly.

My privateer hasn't reach the Final Countdown yet, but I can agree that my witchdoctor and musketeer, who have gone in (with groups) have received almost exclusively privateer or buccaneer gear rather than their own -- or any swashbuckler stuff at all -- but my witchdoctor did receive the Agrippa Greatcoat about run number 5 or 6, I think from the second chance chest, but possibly from the battle itself, as it's all a blur now.

I do believe that, somehow, the odds are greater for receiving other-class gear in higher worlds -- kind of the opposite of Skull Island, where you are almost guaranteed to get something your pirate can equip immediately. Keeps us coming back for more, doesn't it?

Keep up the analysis for us, it's very insightful (and entertaining)!
Yeah, Willow-- we are slowly becoming best chums, lol.

Valkoor & Kane just pitched in a few doubloons together & ordered a two-person Pennyfarthing machine and signed up for an Anger Management/Love Thy Neighbor class! First day is knitting Queen-shaped, beach towels to show our remorse for our most recent transgressions-- including inspirational messages. 'I will not spark-shoot orby-shaped hearts' (for Kane) & 'Blood Flames aren't always the answer' (for Valkoor).

But I think you may be right about the drops & loot tables for higher level bosses-- especially ones with SCCs. I had always thought that there may be a hidden programming mechanic in place that correlates to the badges we earn. Like maybe when the next badge in the series 'unlocks', that in turn 'unlocks' better chances at the best, &/or class-specific, gear. I would imagine that something like that would be easy(ish) to program. Kind of like that unlock on the badge is a switch that gets turned on.

I think in 40+ successful runs with some 300+ uses of the SCC (that's a guess, but I use it 5-10 times per run), my buccaneer has received a total of 6-8 pieces of Bucc. gear-- probably almost a couple hundred pieces of Privy gear. So you may be on to something about having to use other classes to better your chances of getting other classes' gear.

I know I'm hampering my odds & chances though. I realize that as a team, you get more enemies & more chests on the board, thus increasing your total amount of chances at the good stuff. But I'm stubborn & really wanted to take on the challenge of soloing Kane & his classmates 100+ times-- then I'll go in with teams.

I do truly believe that there are some 'hidden' aspects to the loot tables of those truly EPIC bosses & that certain variables come into play...but I was just hoping to get an inside scoop directly from the Rat, himself. But it could be one of those cases were a Mew has rubbed off on a Rat and it's a matter of.....

"I don't talk tables...."

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
When I confronted kane I died, came back a few hours later to try again but the game decided I had won and gave me the quest to talk to Avery for the final dialogue. I had to look the ending scenes on youtube.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Pirate101 fan on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
When I confronted kane I died, came back a few hours later to try again but the game decided I had won and gave me the quest to talk to Avery for the final dialogue. I had to look the ending scenes on youtube.
That's rather interesting Pirate101fan. I had heard about something like that happening in test and just after, but I thought that it was patched shortly after Valencia II went live. That stinks that you missed the ending scenes while questing in-game, but at least you found them on YouTube. Guess the Armada isn't so bad after all...bestowing victory despite being defeated! Maybe we should return the favor and take it easy on them.

Yeah, right! When it comes to the Armada and The Court, as Kane said..."Kill them, my children. Kill them all!"