Purchased Items Should Be "Bound to Account"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2014
15
Hello all. I am new to the boards and the game.

I recently started to play Pirate101 and purchased a 1 Year membership.
I then purchased a 90,000 Crown package.

I then used the Crowns to buy a "Hero" type character (not sure proper name), and a Pet.

The problem is these items are not bound to my account they are bound to an in-game character.

This means when I made a new character to try out a new class, there was no way to have my new pet or helper follow me on this character.

If I want the pet, I have to re-purchase it over again.

I find this type of policy troubling and one which does not treat paying users with respect due them as ones who pay for the game and in-game items.

I think the developers/publisher should make items so they are "Bound to Account" and not to a singular character.

At the very least, there should be a Transfer feature to move purchased items/characters around.

The way it is setup currently stifles any idea of developing several characters as it would be too cost prohibitive.

I would ask this be looked into and changed to consider those that support the game with their hard earned money.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
372
WindAnchor on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Hello all. I am new to the boards and the game.

I recently started to play Pirate101 and purchased a 1 Year membership.
I then purchased a 90,000 Crown package.

I then used the Crowns to buy a "Hero" type character (not sure proper name), and a Pet.

The problem is these items are not bound to my account they are bound to an in-game character.

This means when I made a new character to try out a new class, there was no way to have my new pet or helper follow me on this character.

If I want the pet, I have to re-purchase it over again.

I find this type of policy troubling and one which does not treat paying users with respect due them as ones who pay for the game and in-game items.

I think the developers/publisher should make items so they are "Bound to Account" and not to a singular character.

At the very least, there should be a Transfer feature to move purchased items/characters around.

The way it is setup currently stifles any idea of developing several characters as it would be too cost prohibitive.

I would ask this be looked into and changed to consider those that support the game with their hard earned money.
Welcome to the Pirate101 Message Boards!

I see you're having a bit of trouble getting settled yes? Unfortunately, Companions and Ships are bound to only 1 Player so if you'd like 1 specific Companion or Ship on all your players you will have to spend Crowns on each Player.

However, most Tokens, Pets, Totems, Weapons, Ship Equipment, Housing Items, Rings and Gear sets can be transfered between players with the use of a Shared Bank, which is in your Bunk Room. The Shared Bank will allow you to move any number of items between your players so you can give them certain items as you wish. You can move your new pet to another Player at any time you wish. If you have too many items in your Backpack, you can simply place items in your Bank, which stores 100 items on each of your players.

Hope this helps!

Good Hunting!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
WindAnchor on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Hello all. I am new to the boards and the game.

I recently started to play Pirate101 and purchased a 1 Year membership.
I then purchased a 90,000 Crown package.

I then used the Crowns to buy a "Hero" type character (not sure proper name), and a Pet.

The problem is these items are not bound to my account they are bound to an in-game character.

This means when I made a new character to try out a new class, there was no way to have my new pet or helper follow me on this character.

If I want the pet, I have to re-purchase it over again.

I find this type of policy troubling and one which does not treat paying users with respect due them as ones who pay for the game and in-game items.

I think the developers/publisher should make items so they are "Bound to Account" and not to a singular character.

At the very least, there should be a Transfer feature to move purchased items/characters around.

The way it is setup currently stifles any idea of developing several characters as it would be too cost prohibitive.

I would ask this be looked into and changed to consider those that support the game with their hard earned money.
Hi Wind Anchor. Welcome to the message boards. It is true that companions cannot be transferred. Once they are put in your crew then they stay with that pirate. Pets though can be transferred. Go into your house or dorm and find the treasure chest that gives you access to your bank. The third tab on the left is for your shared bank. Put your pet into the shared bank. Then on your other pirate, have them go into their shared bank and the pet will be waiting for you. You can also put equipment and clothing in there and ship parts can be shared. You can put housing items in there too. As long as the item does not say "No Trade" If it does then that particular item stays with that pirate. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

Community Leader
Pets can be transferred via your "Shared Bank" in your house or dorm.
Usually purchased gear can as well.

Companions on the other hand are quite different in they follow along with a pirate, and get varied levels of training etc while they are "played". This wouldn't translate well at all when transferring a "companion" from one pirate to another and creates all sorts of logistic problems.

What might be nice is if they offered another purchasing option, to apply a new companion to all characters created on the account. I have seen other games do this, and its a pretty cool feature.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Feb 07, 2014
15
Dr Zeppers on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Pets can be transferred via your "Shared Bank" in your house or dorm.
Usually purchased gear can as well.

Companions on the other hand are quite different in they follow along with a pirate, and get varied levels of training etc while they are "played". This wouldn't translate well at all when transferring a "companion" from one pirate to another and creates all sorts of logistic problems.

What might be nice is if they offered another purchasing option, to apply a new companion to all characters created on the account. I have seen other games do this, and its a pretty cool feature.
Thank you for the reply.

Since I just started playing, I do not have a house, or dorm; therefore no "Shared Bank". In fact I had no idea there was such a thing.

The Publishers should consider making this more known to new player or when you purchase items.

Regarding Companions, I still think "Bound to Account" would work. It would simply mean you could not utilize a given companion until you reached a certain level on your character.

In fact, everything could be bound to account in this way.

So, let me ask...

1. Are mounts transferable?
2. What happens if I choose to delete a character with items attached to it; do I lose the items?
3. Is there a place I can look to see what is character locked, and what is transferable?

I feel a bit paralyzed about purchasing anything else since I have no idea what character I will want to use the most yet. At the same time I have the Crowns to use to help my character progress faster.

In todays MMOs it seems very unfriendly to have people buying the same items multiple times.

I simply need a bit of help and direction with this.

Thank you again for your response as it gives a glimmer of hope.

Community Leader
WindAnchor on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for the reply.

Since I just started playing, I do not have a house, or dorm; therefore no "Shared Bank". In fact I had no idea there was such a thing.

The Publishers should consider making this more known to new player or when you purchase items.

Regarding Companions, I still think "Bound to Account" would work. It would simply mean you could not utilize a given companion until you reached a certain level on your character.

In fact, everything could be bound to account in this way.

So, let me ask...

1. Are mounts transferable?
2. What happens if I choose to delete a character with items attached to it; do I lose the items?
3. Is there a place I can look to see what is character locked, and what is transferable?

I feel a bit paralyzed about purchasing anything else since I have no idea what character I will want to use the most yet. At the same time I have the Crowns to use to help my character progress faster.

In todays MMOs it seems very unfriendly to have people buying the same items multiple times.

I simply need a bit of help and direction with this.

Thank you again for your response as it gives a glimmer of hope.
Welcome to the boards and the game...
Actually, you do have a dorm, although its been so long since I have "started" I do not recall how a new pirate has this brought to their attention.

In Avery's court, there is a door with a blue sign, and one with a pink sign (blue boy pirates, pink girl pirates), that is your dorm, complete with a "Bank/Shared Bank" this isn't earned, its granted automatically.

Being new to the game you are not likely 100% familiar with how companions work, and how they are trained to match the pirate avatar they are associated with. Transferring them from pirate to pirate is basically out of the question as things work now (its actually been a point of discussion here). Having one you can add at any point to any pirate character you create as if just purchased however would be doable I think. (ie buy once, add to any pirate character you create).

Mounts are transferrable to your other pirate characters via the shared bank, yes.

If you delete a character with things on it, say goodbye to those things. They are gone. However I believe KI is pretty good about restoring a deleted character if asked within a reasonable amount of time.

To determine if something is transferrable, you can check the shared bank itself. It is the only way to "share" items across your characters. Items that cannot be shared in this fashion usually have the notation of "No Trade" on them. Most (there are some exceptions) weapon gear, clothing gear, ship gear, housing items, all pets, and all mounts (at least so far) have been transferrable to our other characters via the shared bank.

As a basic rule, barring a few specific circumstances, I believe the only things that cannot be transferred via shared bank to your other pirates are Companions, Houses, and Ships.

I would probably recommend holding off on buying a lot until you get a good feel for the game, particularly in regards to companions. "Companion Management" is a huge facet of the game.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
WindAnchor on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for the reply.

Since I just started playing, I do not have a house, or dorm; therefore no "Shared Bank". In fact I had no idea there was such a thing.

The Publishers should consider making this more known to new player or when you purchase items.

Regarding Companions, I still think "Bound to Account" would work. It would simply mean you could not utilize a given companion until you reached a certain level on your character.

In fact, everything could be bound to account in this way.

So, let me ask...

1. Are mounts transferable?
2. What happens if I choose to delete a character with items attached to it; do I lose the items?
3. Is there a place I can look to see what is character locked, and what is transferable?

I feel a bit paralyzed about purchasing anything else since I have no idea what character I will want to use the most yet. At the same time I have the Crowns to use to help my character progress faster.

In todays MMOs it seems very unfriendly to have people buying the same items multiple times.

I simply need a bit of help and direction with this.

Thank you again for your response as it gives a glimmer of hope.
Another way to get to your dorm is to click on the little house icon under your red 'life' globe. The Skull and Crossbones will take you to Avery's court in one click and when you are finished there if you click on the arrow that is in the spot that used to have the skull and crossbones you can go back to where ever you were in the game. The house icon will always take you straight inside your dorm, which you can decorate with your housing items you have won, and your bank is inside there. Just look for the chest by the window. It has a Spiral symbol over it.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 29, 2012
213
Wind Anchor,

Based on your questions, you may want to take a look at the Player's Guide.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/players_guide

Bosun
May 01, 2012
396
To transfer any gear between the Pirates on your account, you have to first unequip the gear (or pet or mounts), move the item to your Saved Bank (the only one that can be seen by all your Pirates), change your pirate character, get the item for your present Pirate and equip it. You cannot change gear from a Pirate on one account to a Pirate on another account. Houses, Ships, and Companions cannot be transferred between Pirates at all. Some items are not transferable and these are marked with “No Trade” text which can be seen when you hover your mouse over the item.

The active Pirate gets any purchased Companions or any other item purchased through the Crown Shop.

Before you do to much more playing, I highly recommend you at least glance through the Player's Guide, either in Game itself or the Pirate101 website under the Help Menu..